This Strawberries and Cream Pet Chow is a no bake dessert recipe that makes a cute, festive deal with for Valentine’s Day. This straightforward pet chow is ideal for sharing with household and mates!
This Is One Of Our Favourite Pet Chow Recipes
Pet chow is an superior, traditional deal with. You could have additionally heard it known as Muddy Buddies. The traditional model is coated in chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar and is sort of scrumptious.
This model of pet chow is a twist on the traditional that’s good for Valentine’s Day, or perhaps a child bathe. Swap out the traditional chocolate and peanut butter and as an alternative use white and pink sweet coating with powdered sugar and strawberry cake combine. The flavour is a scrumptious and fruity twist!
I’m so in love with this pet chow. It tastes superior, is SO addicting and I really like the pink and white colours! It’s additionally straightforward to make, package deal and snack on, so it’s nice for present giving. Does it get any higher?
What You’ll Want
With solely 6 elements, it’s straightforward to collect the whole lot you want for this pet chow. It is best to be capable of discover the whole lot at a grocery retailer, Walmart or Goal.
- Rice Chex Cereal: Rice chex is nice as a result of it’s unsweetened and doesn’t have a powerful taste that’ll intervene with the flavors within the pet chow. As a bonus, it’s additionally gluten free!
- Melting chocolate: You want white and both pink or pink (I used pink). There are numerous manufacturers on the market. Wilton sweet melts are a preferred one. You may additionally use Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers and colour a few of them with gel icing colour to get pink or pink.
- Powdered sugar: For overlaying the white chex.
- Strawberry cake combine: For overlaying the pink or pink chex. This may should be warmth handled.
- M&Ms: I exploit pink, pink and white M&Ms, however be at liberty so as to add different sweet with comparable colours.
How and Why to Warmth Deal with Cake Combine
Technically flour is a uncooked meals, which implies cake flour is uncooked till baked. Because it’s uncooked, it will probably include germs that trigger meals poisoning, akin to E.coli. The CDC truly investigated incidents associated to uncooked flour and cake combine beginning again in 2016. When you don’t usually have to fret about it as a result of most issues utilizing flour are baked, this recipe makes use of cake combine. So warmth treating our cake combine is required to keep away from any points.
You’ll be able to warmth deal with your cake combine both within the microwave or within the oven. If utilizing the microwave, put the cake combine in a microwave-safe bowl and warmth in 30 second intervals, stirring between every, till the cake combine reaches 160 levels F all through. If utilizing your oven, unfold your cake combine evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 levels F, stirring each couple of minutes, till it reaches 160 levels F. Let your cake combine cool and sift it earlier than utilizing, if it turns into clumpy.
How To Make Strawberries and Cream Pet Chow
Add Melted White Chocolate: Divide the rice chex cereal evenly between two bowls. Add the melted white chocolate to 1 bowl of the chex cereal and gently stir to coat evenly. Watch out to not break the chex cereal an excessive amount of.
Coat In Powdered Sugar: Add the powdered sugar to the white chocolate coated chex cereal and gently stir to coat evenly with powdered sugar.
Add Melted Pink Chocolate and Cake Combine: Repeat the identical course of with the opposite half of the chex cereal, pink/pink melting chocolate and strawberry cake combine (as an alternative of the powdered sugar).
Cool and Mix: Enable each mixtures to dry utterly after which mix the 2 sorts of pet chow collectively and add the M&Ms.
Good Valentine’s Day Deal with
This strawberries and cream pet chow is so tasty and festive! The colours are nice for Valentine’s Day and it’s snack-ability makes it the proper present. Plus, it’s a pleasant change from sweet that doesn’t require a whole lot of work or utilizing your oven. Package deal it in a cute field or jar with some ribbon round it and also you’re all set. You may even connect the recipe in order that they’ll make it once more sooner or later.
Extra Nice Valentine’s Day Recipes
NOTE: This isn’t for canine consumption.
Valentine’s Day Strawberries and Cream Pet Chow is a no bake dessert recipe that makes a cute & festive deal with for Valentine’s Day. This straightforward pet chow is ideal for sharing with household and mates!
- 5 cups rice chex cereal, divided
- 5 oz white melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 oz pink or pink melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup strawberry cake combine, toasted
- 1 cup white, pink and pink M&Ms
1. Divide the rice chex cereal evenly between two medium sized bowls, with 2 1/2 cups in every bowl.
2. Soften the white melting chocolate in line with package deal instructions, sometimes microwaving for about 30 second intervals, stirring nicely between every, till melted and easy. Add the melted white chocolate to 1 bowl of the chex cereal and gently stir to coat evenly. Watch out to not break the chex cereal an excessive amount of.
4. Add the powdered sugar to the white chocolate coated chex cereal and gently stir to coat evenly with powdered sugar. You may add the chex cereal and powdered sugar to a ziplock bag, then shake as nicely.
5. Repeat the identical course of with the pink/pink melting chocolate and strawberry cake combine (as an alternative of the powdered sugar).
6. Enable to dry utterly after which mix the 2 sorts of pet chow collectively and add the M&Ms.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Serving
- Energy: 637
- Sugar: 70.1 g
- Sodium: 326 mg
- Fats: 26.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 94.4 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 16.8 mg
Key phrases: recipe for pet chow, easy methods to make pet chow, pet chow chex, pet chow chex recipe, valentines dessert, dessert for valentine’s day, valentine’s day dessert, no bake dessert