It’s surprisingly simple to make the very best caramel corn recipe! Pop popcorn, make a caramel sauce, scrape it onto a baking sheet and bake till crunchy… that’s it! Candy, crunchy, and so scrumptious, this selfmade caramel corn is the proper vacation deal with.
Home made Caramel Popcorn
There’s no query that fall is the final word season for baking! And whereas I like apple recipes and pumpkin recipes as a lot as the subsequent baker. I believe CARAMEL is likely one of the most underrated fall flavors ever! And this sinfully scrumptious caramel popcorn recipe is likely one of the finest recipes to return out of my kitchen in years!
I initially made this recipe for a girls film night time and it was an absolute smash hit! It makes your home odor AMAZING whereas it bakes (envision a cinnamon roll/caramel scented candle, however even higher). And it’s so crunchy and caramel-y… we couldn’t cease shoveling it down by the handful! Subsequent time you’ve a film night time, skip the microwave popcorn and make this as a substitute.
What Makes this The BEST Caramel Corn?
- Texture: This selfmade caramel popcorn is crunchy, chewy, and so caramel-y! One million occasions tastier than something you should purchase from the shop, the county honest, or sweet retailers.
- Style: Not like a whole lot of caramel corn recipes that simply style… tremendous candy… this caramel corn has scrumptious depth of taste. It’s candy, salty, buttery, and so scrumptious.
- Ease: This recipe is tremendous simple and virtually anybody could make it! Severely, if you happen to can pop popcorn, you can also make this. And in contrast to some recipes that preserve you on the range for 45 minutes stirring, this recipe is baked. Making it a lot simpler and person pleasant!
- Spectacular: On the lookout for the proper selfmade vacation present? Want an additional scrumptious snack for film night time? Desire a enjoyable addition to your charcuterie board? Home made caramel popcorn is the reply!
Elements for Home made Caramel Popcorn
- Coconut Oil: That is my most well-liked oil, however canola oil, vegetable oil, or peanut oil will all work as a substitute.
- Popcorn Kernels: No should be fancy right here, simply seize a jar of popcorn kernels from the shop. When you do that recipe, you’ll in all probability pop popcorn much more typically!
- Brown Sugar: I favor gentle brown sugar, however darkish brown sugar will work completely tremendous. I don’t counsel utilizing granulated sugar.
- Corn Syrup: I do NOT counsel skipping or subbing this ingredient. Gentle corn syrup works finest, however darkish corn syrup will work in a pinch. The brown sugar corn syrup mixture is what makes the sauce so magical.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is what I take advantage of, however salted butter will work simply tremendous. You might need to scale back the quantity of salt known as for, or get rid of it fully, if utilizing salted butter.
- Salt: Helps stability sweetness and improve the opposite flavors on this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: For the very best taste, be sure you use actual vanilla extract, and never synthetic or imitation vanilla.
- Baking Soda: Baking powder is not going to work in its place right here! Make sure your baking soda is recent and never expired.
The best way to Make Caramel Corn
- Baking Prep: half-hour earlier than you intend on making your caramel corn, preheat the oven to 250 levels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Set baking sheet apart.
- Pop the Popcorn: An enormous and heavy pot works finest for popping popcorn. Don’t stroll away if you’re cooking the popcorn, it cooks quick and burns simply.
- Make the Caramel Sauce: The 2 secrets and techniques to caramel success? Stir the caramel incessantly and don’t stroll away if you’re cooking it. Caramel can burn in a short time – even on medium warmth – so take note of shade and odor if you’re cooking it. You should definitely take away the caramel from warmth and stir within the baking soda and vanilla.
- Let’s Make Caramel Corn: In a big bowl mix the caramel sauce with the popped popcorn and blend till properly mixed. Then scrape it onto the ready baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
The Finest Caramel Corn Recipe
It is surprisingly simple to make the very best caramel corn recipe! Pop popcorn, make a caramel sauce, scrape it onto a baking sheet and bake till crunchy… that is it! Candy, crunchy, and so scrumptious, this selfmade caramel corn is the proper vacation deal with.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (57g) refined coconut oil
- 1 cup (210g) popcorn kernels
- 1 and 1/4 cups (270g) gentle brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup (208ml) gentle corn syrup
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 250 levels (F). Line a really giant rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray flippantly with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big heavy pot over medium-high warmth, heat the oil till it shimmers. Add the popcorn and partially cowl the pot with a lid. As soon as the popcorn kernels begin to pop, scale back the warmth to medium and canopy the pot fully. Proceed cooking, shaking the pot each 30 seconds, till the popping has decreased to a few seconds between every pop. Don’t stroll away, the popcorn could burn. Take away the pot from the warmth and put aside.
Mix the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook dinner over medium warmth, stirring incessantly, till the butter is totally melted and the combination is clean. Stir within the vanilla and baking soda (notice: the combination could bubble and hiss a bit after you add these elements). Take away the pan from warmth.
Pour the caramel sauce into the pot with the popcorn and stir properly to coat. Shortly unfold the popcorn onto the ready baking sheet.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring each quarter-hour. Cool fully, after which gently break aside earlier than serving.