Taco Bell Energy Bowl is a scrumptious and hearty meal. Gas up with these straightforward rooster taco bowls loaded with rooster, black beans, Mexican rice, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, bitter cream, and avocado ranch sauce. That is a kind of straightforward weeknight meals, as you’ll be able to meal prep most of this and put it collectively if you end up prepared. These energy bowls make a wholesome meal the entire household will love.
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wholesome Mexican Dinner
It’s possible you’ll consider Taco Bell as an affordable restaurant serving the type of meals good for crushing late-night cravings however not being variety to your waistline. However the firm is making an attempt to maintain up with the instances and quietly added just a few more healthy choices to its menu over the previous couple of years. This protein bowl is a kind of extra nutritious choices to make quick household dinners all of us love.
One of the crucial well-liked of those health-conscious additions is the Taco Bell Hen Energy Bowl.
This recipe isn’t just higher for you; it tastes downright scrumptious. In spite of everything, who doesn’t love the mixture of seared rooster, creamy guacamole, and actual cheddar cheese served on prime of Mexican rice and beans?
Whether or not making an attempt to make smarter meals selections or need one thing new, you’ll be able to’t go fallacious with this recipe.
Taco Bell Energy Bowl Recipe Substances
Right here’s a listing of what you want:
- Knorr Mexican or Spanish rice
- Bitter cream
- Recent garlic
- Recent lime juice
- Dry ranch dressing combine
- Boneless, skinless rooster breasts
- Olive oil
- Floor black pepper
- Pink onion
- Canned black beans
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Low fats bitter cream
The right way to Select the Good Avocado
Avocados aren’t low-cost; selecting a nasty one is like throwing away cash, and no person desires to do this. Listed here are three tips for locating one of the best ones:
- Press your finger flippantly towards the stem finish of the avocado. The avocado is ripe if the stem provides barely, then springs again.
- Keep away from any avocados which have darkish or smooth spots on the pores and skin.
- Attempt to not purchase bagged avocados. Shopping for in bulk might price much less per avocado, however there’s a good probability at the very least certainly one of them will probably be previous its prime.
Take a look at extra of our Taco Bell recipes on YouTube!
The right way to Make Taco Bell Energy Bowl
- Cook dinner the rice in accordance with the package deal instructions.
- Place bitter cream, buttermilk, ripe avocado, chopped garlic, lime juice, and dry ranch dressing combine right into a blender. Puree till clean.
- Cook dinner the rooster on the stovetop in a skillet or grill pan with vegetable or canola oil till cooked via. Then thinly slice the rooster.
- Shred the romaine lettuce.
- Run water over the beans to rinse them and drain off extra water.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Make fast guacamole and mash avocado in a bowl and stir in lime juice, onions, tomatoes, and salt.
- Construct the bowl and layer rice on the underside, then prime it with parts of rooster, black beans, guac, chopped tomatoes, low-fat bitter cream, cheese, and chopped lettuce.
- Drizzle avocado ranch sauce on prime and serve instantly.
Can Somebody on the Keto Eating regimen Eat a Taco Bell Hen Energy Bowl?
Sadly, the Taco Bell Energy Bowl components usually are not all keto-friendly. However in case you are making this dish for somebody on a strict keto weight loss program, you’ll be able to attempt these substitutions.
- Rice is a no-no, however cauliflower rice is a good low-carb various. For those who aren’t that into cauliflower rice, you’ll be able to attempt together with an equal quantity of cooked inexperienced lentils seasoned with a few pinches of taco spice.
- Beans have tons of fiber, protein, and, sadly, carbs. You’ll must eliminate them, however you’ll be able to toss in just a few cooked peas of their place if you need.
- In keeping with the keto weight loss program, fats is ok, so toss out that low-fat bitter cream and produce within the full-fat model.
- Sorry, there isn’t any dairy milk on a keto weight loss program, together with buttermilk. However you don’t need to lose the tang that the buttermilk delivers to this dish. A easy method to make a keto-friendly various is to mix a 3rd cup of unsweetened cashew milk with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Stir it and let it sit on the counter for at the very least 5 minutes earlier than including it to the recipe.
- Onions are essential for the crunch and spicy kick in guacamole, however purple onions are stuffed with carbs. Attempt utilizing scallions as an alternative since they’ve fewer carbs and are usually extra vitamins than purple onions.
Ideas For Serving and Storing Taco Bell Hen Energy Bowl
- This recipe is even higher with beef. Grill a skirt or hangar steak and slice it thinly throughout the grain.
- Retailer guacamole underwater. As unusual because it sounds, in the event you plan on making the guacamole forward of time, put it in a bowl and canopy it with a skinny layer of water excessive. The water retains mashed avocados from turning brown. Pour off the water earlier than utilizing the guacamole within the recipe.
Optionally available Toppings
Whereas Taco Bell doesn’t add these toppings, I like to recommend some further add-ons to enhance your Hen Taco Bell Energy Bowl.
- Pico de gallo
- Nacho cheese sauce
- low fats or non-fat bitter cream
- Additional rooster
- Taco Bell Taco sauce
- Crisp cooked bacon
- Seasoned floor beef
- Make fajita veggies from a lot of your favourite recent greens
- Swap the Mexican-style rice for brown rice
- Add an excellent sprinkling of chopped cilantro
The right way to Flip This Right into a Discontinued Taco Bell Cantina Bowl
Taco Bell Cantina Bowl featured marinated, fire-grilled chicken rooster, romaine lettuce, guacamole, pico de gallo, avocado ranch dressing, shredded cheddar cheese, and reduced-fat bitter cream, on a mattress of Latin rice and black beans. So you can begin with this recipe, and add a premade avocado ranch dressing or use my Chick Fil A Avocado ranch dressing for this recipe, and swap the chopped tomatoes for pico de gallo.
I hope you give this recipe a attempt. You’re going to love how it will style. It’s straightforward to make this burrito bowl from scratch. This is without doubt one of the Taco Bell menu objects you’ll be able to customise to your private style. It’s possible you’ll even need to add further lettuce and switch this right into a scrumptious salad. This energy bowl has a lot of texture and flavors to make this one of the fascinating and wholesome menu objects you will get at Taco Bell.
Love Taco Bell? Attempt these copycat recipes!
Fashionable Mexican Recipes
Taco Bell Energy Bowl
Taco Bell Energy Bowl is loaded with rooster, rice, black beans, guacamole, and extra. You may make this scrumptious Mexican bowl with this straightforward copycat recipe.
- 1 package deal Knorr Mexican or Spanish rice
Avocado Ranch Sauce
- ½ cup bitter cream
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing combine
- ½ pound rooster breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small or 1 massive avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon diced purple onion
- 1 teaspoon diced tomato
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped (use 1 teaspoon of this within the guacamole)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup low fats bitter cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Cook dinner the rice in accordance with the package deal instructions.
To make the avocado ranch sauce: Place the bitter cream, buttermilk, avocado, garlic, lime juice, and dry ranch dressing combine right into a blender. Puree till clean. Pour the sauce right into a small hermetic container.
To make the rooster: Season the rooster with salt and pepper. Then warmth a skillet over medium warmth, and add oil. When the oil is scorching, prepare dinner the rooster for 7 to 9 minutes per facet, or till it’s cooked via. The precise time will rely upon the thickness of your rooster breast. Take away the rooster from the skillet and permit it to relaxation for about 3 minutes earlier than slicing it into skinny strips.
To make the guacamole: Mash the avocado in a bowl. Add lime juice, onions, tomatoes, and salt. Stir gently to mix.
To assemble the bowl: Place the cooked rice within the backside of a bowl. Over the rice, add a portion of sliced rooster, black beans, guacamole, tomatoes, bitter cream, cheese, and lettuce. Drizzle the avocado ranch sauce on prime.
Energy: 533kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 17g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1035mg | Potassium: 1169mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 648IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 2mg