Taco Bell Double Decker Taco is a scrumptious comfortable tortilla with refried beans wrapped over a crispy taco and stuffed with seasoned floor beef, cheese, and attractive toppings. Good for a fast weeknight meal or a enjoyable occasion snack, this do-it-yourself Double Decker Taco Supreme is certain to be a favourite.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes a Taco Bell Double Decker Taco So Good?
For those who subscribe to the concept that extra is healthier, you’ll love this recipe for Double Decker Tacos. However what’s a Double Decker Taco at Taco Bell? It’s an all-star mixture of two of the chain’s hottest menu objects into one improbable meal.
Whereas wrapping a heat flour tortilla unfold with refried beans round a totally loaded arduous shell beef taco could not sound very revolutionary, the ensuing distinction of flavors and textures makes the Double Decker Taco pure genius.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Recipe
Nicely, aside from the truth that these tacos are scrumptious, the largest motive you must make this copycat model at house is you could now not get the unique at any Taco Bell. Whether or not you keep in mind gobbling down two or three Taco Bell Double Decker tacos in a single meal or have by no means tried it, you’ll need to save this recipe on your subsequent Taco Tuesday.
Why Was This Merchandise Discontinued?
The Taco Bell Double Decker Taco first appeared on the chain’s menus approach again in 1995. The creation was all the time meant to be a limited-time merchandise, however its recognition with clients saved it as a restaurant staple till 2006, when it was lastly gone for good; or was it?
In 2022, clients had the prospect to carry it again, nevertheless it misplaced in a ballot to a different discontinued favourite, Enchiritos. Will it come again sooner or later sooner or later? Perhaps. However you may recreate it as we speak with this copycat model.
Components You Will Want
For the meat filling, you’ll want:
- Floor chuck
- Masa harina
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Seasoning salt
- Smoked paprika
- Floor cumin
- Garlic salt
- Dried minced onion
- Beef bouillon
For the shells and toppings, you’ll want:
- Refried beans
- Small flour tortillas
- Crisp taco shells
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Roma tomatoes diced
- Bitter cream optionally available
Make Double Decker Tacos
To make the taco seasoning:
- Place the seasoning elements in a small bowl.
- Use a fork or whisk to mix them.
To make the bottom beef filling:
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Add the bottom beef to the skillet and break up the meat. Let the bottom beef brown whereas stirring sometimes.
- When the meat is totally cooked, dump the meat right into a strainer. Return the skillet to the range.
- Rinse the meat with scorching water to do away with any further grease, and return the meat to the skillet.
- Dump the taco seasoning combine into the meat and rinse the bowl with a couple of cup of water. Pour the water into the skillet with the meat.
- Deliver it to a boil then flip the warmth all the way down to medium-low and simmer till a lot of the liquid is gone, about 20 minutes.
- Take away the meat filling from the warmth and preserve it for later.
To assemble a Double Decker Taco:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whereas the oven is heating up, chop the tomatoes and shred the lettuce. Set the veggies to the facet.
- Place the arduous shells on a baking tray and canopy them with aluminum foil. Heat the taco shells within the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Warmth the refried beans within the microwave or on the range till scorching.
- Microwave a tortilla for 20 to 30 seconds and unfold it with a skinny layer of heat refried beans.
- Fastidiously wrap the flour tortilla across the crunchy taco shell.
- Spoon the bottom beef into the nice and cozy arduous shells. Prime the meat with shredded lettuce, cheese, chopped tomatoes, and bitter cream (or your favourite taco toppings). Serve instantly.
What to Serve With These Tacos From Taco Bell
Get pleasure from your favourite Mexican-inspired facet dishes. Listed here are three that go notably effectively with this taco:
- Nacho Fries are crispy with simply the correct amount of south-of-the-border spices to maintain them from being too boring. Don’t overlook to dip them in cheese sauce for the genuine nacho style.
- Corn Salsa showcases the sweetness of contemporary corn however has a contact of warmth and pronounced smokiness from the poblano peppers. Add the corn salsa to your tacos, or eat it by itself.
- Who can resist a margarita or two? It’s the right drink everytime you need to really feel such as you’re on a tropical trip and pairs effectively with Mexican meals.
Retailer the Leftovers
The cooked floor beef ought to final three or 4 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. Attempt to prep solely as many toppings as you may eat at one time. Chopped greens gained’t keep contemporary for greater than a few hours.
Extra Taco Bell Copycat Recipes
Favourite Mexican Recipes
Take a look at extra of my straightforward Mexican recipes and the very best copycat Taco Bell recipes on CopyKat!
Taco Bell Double Decker Taco
You may make Taco Bell Double Decker Taco at residence with this straightforward copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 tablespoons masa harina
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 1/3 kilos floor chuck
Shells and Toppings
- 1 can refried beans
- 12 comfortable flour tortillas
- 12 crispy taco shells
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup bitter cream optionally available
Mix all of the elements for the meat filling in a small bowl, aside from the bottom chuck. Combine effectively.
Crumble the bottom chuck into a big skillet (ideally nonstick) over medium-high warmth and prepare dinner, stirring, till the meat has browned. Drain the meat in a strainer over the sink and rinse with scorching water.
Return the meat to the pan together with the spice combine and three/4 to 1 cup of water. Stir to mix and simmer on medium-low warmth for 20 minutes, till a lot of the moisture has cooked away. Take away from warmth earlier than the pan is totally dry.
Warmth the refried beans in a small pot on the range over low warmth for about 5 to eight minutes or till the beans have warmed by means of and are comfortable.
Wrap the comfortable flour tortillas in a clear towel and sprinkle the towel with a couple of drops of water. Microwave on excessive energy for 30 to 45 seconds or till the tortillas are comfortable and pliable.
If desired, heat the crispy taco shells within the oven at 350°F for 7 to 10 minutes.
To assemble to tacos, unfold about 1 tablespoon of refried beans on a comfortable tortilla and fold the bean-covered comfortable tortilla across the crispy taco shell. Spoon a couple of tablespoons of meat into every taco shell. Prime with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and bitter cream, if desired. Repeat with the remaining shells and fillings and serve instantly.
Energy: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 16g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 694IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 3mg