This Pineapple Rum Cake has shortly grow to be a household favourite. With pineapple, darkish rum, prompt pudding combine, and a boxed cake combine, it’s tremendous simple to place collectively and tastes even higher the following day. I found it on a cruise with Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean and knew I needed to recreate it!
I’m proud to be partnering with Princess Cruises to convey you this Pineapple Rum Cake. As all the time, all opinions are 100% my very own.
*This publish comprises an affiliate hyperlink(s).
Who doesn’t love cake? This tender cake is stuffed with pineapple taste, combined with the candy, woody notes of rum. It’s the proper dessert to serve to your visitors this vacation season or simply to get pleasure from after dinner with your loved ones.
Suggestions for making this Pineapple Rum Cake
Earlier than we get began, overview these useful ideas to ensure your rum cake recipe seems good each time!
- Make it simpler on your self and use your favourite boxed yellow cake combine. There’s nothing fallacious with utilizing a boxed combine. When you’re a purist at coronary heart, then, by all means, make the cake from scratch (you may strive my yellow cake recipe!)
- Use an prompt vanilla pudding combine, NOT a prepare dinner & serve.
- Put together a 10-inch bundt pan by spraying the perimeters and backside of the cake pan generously with a floured baking spray. I like to make use of Baker’s Pleasure. The cake is much less more likely to break aside or adhere to the pan.
- Use pineapple tidbits, NOT crushed pineapple. You’ll toss the pineapple into 2 tablespoons or so of the dry flour/pudding combination, to droop the pineapple within the batter and stop it from sinking to the underside of the cake.
- Drain the pineapple properly and reserve the pineapple juice!
- You can also make pineapple mini rum desserts with a mini Bundt cake pan. Fill them 2/3 of the way in which and bake for 28-Half-hour or till baked by way of.
Pineapple Rum Cake Components
Collect collectively these easy elements to make this scrumptious cake:
- 1 field yellow cake combine (15.25 ounces)
- 3.4-ounce field of prompt vanilla pudding
- 20-ounce can of pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve the juice!)
- ½ cup reserved pineapple juice
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup darkish rum
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup darkish rum
What rum is finest to make use of for a Pineapple Rum Cake?
Use darkish rum for a bolder rum taste. The primary time I made it, I used white rum, whereas I used darkish rum the following time. I choose the second a lot better with the darkish rum, because it has a richer taste with out being overwhelming.
I’d keep away from the flavored rums because the sweetness may alter the ultimate style of this recipe.
The way to Make Rum Cake with Pineapple
This rum cake recipe has just some further steps than a standard cake, but it surely’s nonetheless really easy to make!
- First, preheat the oven to 325 levels F and put together your bundt pan by spraying it generously with a floured baking spray. You can even butter and flour your pan.
- Drain the pineapple tidbits in a colander positioned over a medium bowl to order the juice.
- In a big bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk collectively the dry elements (cake combine and the vanilla prompt pudding combine).
- Place the pineapple in a small bowl and toss with two tablespoons of the cake/pudding combination, ensuring to coat the pineapple fully.
- Add the eggs, ½ cup of pineapple juice, canola oil, and ½ cup of rum to the cake combine, and stir to mix fully. Fold within the coated pineapple tidbits with a rubber spatula.
- Gently pour the cake batter into the ready pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear. The cake must be only a very mild golden brown. Let the cake cool to room temperature earlier than serving.
How do you make the Pineapple Rum Cake Glaze?
The buttery rum syrup is simple to make! Mix the butter, sugar, and pineapple juice in a medium saucepan over medium warmth and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring consistently in order that it reduces and thickens barely. Take away the glaze from warmth, add the rum, and blend properly.
Glazing the Cake
Earlier than glazing the cake, use a skewer to put holes into the underside of the cake whereas it’s nonetheless within the pan, about 5 minutes after eradicating it from the oven. This permits extra of the glaze to be absorbed into the cake.
To glaze, brush about 1/3 of the glaze over the cake backside whereas it’s nonetheless within the pan, after placing the holes in it. Let it sit for about 10 minutes in order that it absorbs into the cake. Then place it proper facet up on a cooling rack over a rimmed baking sheet, take away the cake from the pan, and brush it slowly with the remaining glaze earlier than transferring it to a serving plate.
Are you able to make Pineapple Rum Cake forward of time?
You positive can! I discovered that whereas scrumptious the night time I made it, it tasted SO a lot better the following day, so this would be the good make-ahead dessert. Make it as directed, then, when fully cooled, insert toothpicks into the highest and canopy it gently with aluminum foil till you’re able to serve it the following day.
Are you able to freeze Pineapple Rum Cake?
That’s a sure, too! We ate one quickly after I made it, and I froze the second half to eat every week later.
To freeze pineapple rum cake, wrap it in plastic wrap after which in aluminum foil. This cake will last as long as a month within the freezer. Make sure to mark the date on it when putting it into the freezer, so that you don’t play any guessing video games.
Place it within the fridge to thaw in a single day or no less than 12 hours earlier than you’ll be serving it.
- Serve up a chunk of cake with some whipped topping and maraschino cherries.
- Prime your dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve the cake with some recent pineapple slices for a garnish.
When you get pleasure from this Pineapple Rum Cake, check out extra recipes impressed by my cruises with Princess Cruises!
This Pineapple Rum Cake was gently tailored from this recipe at allrecipes.com.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
~ YOUTUBE ~
Hold an eye fixed out for extra of my simple recipes every week!
Pineapple Rum Cake
This Pineapple Rum Cake is a household favourite. With pineapple, darkish rum, prompt pudding combine, and a boxed cake combine, it is simple and tastes higher the following day.
Forestall your display from going darkish
Pineapple Rum Cake
Preheat oven to 325°F. and put together a 10-inch bundt pan by generously spraying it with a floured baking spray. You can even generously butter it and sprinkle with flour.
Drain pineapple tidbits in a colander positioned over a medium bowl to order the juice.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the cake combine and prompt vanilla pudding combine.
Place the pineapple right into a small bowl and toss with two tablespoons of the cake/pudding combination. Coat fully.
Into the cake combine, add the eggs, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, canola oil, and 1/2 cup of rum. Combine fully.
With a rubber spatula, fold within the coated pineapple tidbits.
Gently pour batter into pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or till a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clear.
Right into a medium saucepan over medium warmth, mix the butter, sugar and pineapple juice. Deliver to a boil and prepare dinner for five minutes, stirring consistently.
Take away from warmth and add 1/2 cup of darkish rum. Combine properly.
Glazing the Cake
Take away cake from oven and let sit for five minutes.
Whereas nonetheless within the pan, poke holes with a skewer all the way in which across the backside of the cake. Utilizing 1/3 of the glaze, gently brush the underside of the cake, permitting the glaze to soak into it.
Let cake sit for 10 minutes earlier than inverting it onto a cooling rack on prime of a rimmed baking sheet.
Gently brush the rest of the glaze everywhere in the cake, pausing at instances to present the cake time to soak up it. Utilizing two onerous spatulas, slowly and gently switch the cake to a serving plate. Cool fully.
If serving the following day, cowl prime with toothpicks and gently cowl with a tent of aluminum foil when fully cooled.
Cake could be frozen for as much as a month. Cool fully, wrap in plastic wrap after which in aluminum foil.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 378IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg
This publish was initially revealed Might 20, 2019. It has been up to date in format and with footage on December 8, 2023.
Through the first week in April of this 12 months, I had the unimaginable alternative to go on an journey as soon as once more with Princess Cruises. This time, to the Western Caribbean.
I introduced our daughter Emma to have fun her twenty fifth birthday which was on January twenty first.
When you’ve been following my weblog for a while you then do not forget that two years in the past I introduced our oldest daughter, Alex on their Panama Canal cruise when she celebrated her twenty fifth.
Then final Might, I used to be thrilled to share an Alaska cruise with Kurt.
Every cruise has been fairly spectacular and it’s grow to be one among my most well-liked methods to journey. You may simply see and accomplish that a lot that you just wouldn’t be capable of do in any other case.
To not point out that the meals on board is all the time excellent!
One of many excursions Emma and I took throughout this Western Caribbean cruise was Grand Cayman’s Unique East Island Exploration. It was completely magnificent. We had a non-public driver, Christine who took us in her taxi to the jap a part of the island. This facet of the island is much less traveled than the western facet.
She drove us to totally different websites, one among our favorites being the Tortuga Rum Manufacturing facility. OMG, it was tremendous scrumptious! We sampled some rum and a few totally different rum desserts. I’m significantly drooling now simply enthusiastic about how unimaginable all of it was.
Evidently, I purchased some Coconut Rum. The bottle was conveniently delivered to the ship all wrapped and boxed the day earlier than we disembarked which made it tremendous simple to pack.
I additionally purchased the 6-pack number of small rum desserts. We had been so in love with them that I knew from the primary style I used to be going to be making it for the weblog.
I used to be tremendous excited to take this journey, too as a result of we skilled the Medallion Class that includes the OceanMedallion on board the Caribbean Princess. When you e book your Medallion class cruise, you obtain a complimentary Ocean Medallion which opens up an entire new cruising world! Have a look to see the Princess Cruises Gives out there now!
Once you embark and disembark on these explicit ships, you’ll expertise a quicker and smoother course of and open up your stateroom door with ease. You may order meals and drinks from wherever on the ship, have them delivered to you, and a lot extra. It was fairly unimaginable.
Additionally, apart from having some much-needed one-on-one high quality time with Emma, I used to be additionally to spend it with a few of my closest associates, Sandra from Sprint of Sanity and Erin. Cruises are nice methods to have fun those you’re keen on and we had been in a position to share Sandra’s fortieth birthday that week as properly!