This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Please see our privateness coverage for particulars.
The BEST ever seafood stew, loaded with clams, mussels, cod, shrimp and scallops. So cozy, so hearty, really easy.
Cioppino tends to be a type of underrated stews that’s really very easy to make, making it in your dinner desk in lower than an hour.
And it’s stuffed with all of the seafood goodness – little neck clams, mussels, cod (or halibut), shrimp and scallops which will get cooked proper in that garlicky, tomato-wine-based broth.
All you want to spherical out this meal is a few freshly toasted baguette (or sourdough or french bread) slices to sop up this goodness, leaving zero leftovers behind.
This recipe may simply be doubled or tripled, making it good for when firm stops by for dinner.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium candy onion, diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed crimson pepper flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable inventory
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 12 little neck clams, scrubbed
- ½ pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 pound cod or halibut filets, reduce into 3/4-inch items
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 massive sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley leaves
Soften butter in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium excessive warmth. Add onion and fennel. Cook dinner, stirring sometimes, till tender, about 8 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, garlic, oregano and crimson pepper flakes till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Stir in wine, diced tomatoes, vegetable inventory, clam juice and bay leaf. Convey to a boil; cut back warmth and simmer till flavors have blended, about quarter-hour; season with salt and pepper, to style.
Stir in clams and mussels. Scale back warmth to low; cowl, with a tight-fitting lid, and cook dinner till the clams and mussels are simply starting to open, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in cod or halibut, shrimp and scallops. Scale back warmth and simmer till cod or halibut, shrimp and scallops are simply cooked by means of and clams and mussels have opened utterly, about 3-4 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper, to style.