For those who like candied nuts, you need to do that scrumptious and simple candied almonds recipe! These cinnamon roasted nuts are scrumptious by the handful. But in addition make an ideal addition to charcuterie boards, snack trays, and do-it-yourself vacation present baskets. One batch will fill 5 or 6 mason jars, so that you’ll have loads to take pleasure in and share.
Candied Almonds Recipe
Who can resist crunchy candied nuts lined in a scrumptious cinnamon sugar combination? And with solely 7 primary components, this recipe is sort of too straightforward! So don’t be shocked if you end up making these cinnamon roasted almonds on a regular basis! My household and I make a batch the day after Thanksgiving in preparation for the busy vacation season forward.
They’re similar to my candied pecans, and make an exquisite do-it-yourself vacation present concept! Add them to a mason jar, tie a ribbon across the high, and viola! You’ll have a stunning Christmas present or hostess present able to go! You can even add them to my Christmas tree charcuterie board, which is the final vacation appetizer.
Components for Candied Almonds
- Butter: Unsalted high-quality butter works greatest for these candied nuts. However salted butter will technically work. For those who use salted butter, pass over the ocean salt known as for within the recipe.
- Almonds: Use complete uncooked almonds, and don’t change the quantity known as for. I don’t counsel utilizing a distinct nut on this recipe.
- Egg Whites: There isn’t any substitution for egg whites. The egg white combination is important for binding the bottom cinnamon and sugar to coat the almonds.
- Vanilla Extract: A enjoyable spin on that is to make use of a bourbon vanilla extract, which has much more taste. However common PURE vanilla works nice. Simply don’t use imitation vanilla or synthetic vanilla.
- Sugar: Don’t sub brown sugar for granulated sugar. Brown sugar incorporates molasses, which is able to means it has extra moisture than granulated sugar. Extra moisture will end in much less crunchy candied nuts.
- Floor Cinnamon: Excessive-quality FRESH floor cinnamon will give your cinnamon roasted almonds the very best taste! Don’t use expired spices or improve the quantity, which might trigger a bitter aftertaste.
- And Sea Salt: A little bit flaky sea salt or fantastic sea salt will improve all of the flavors in these candied nuts. And assist stability the sweetness!
Suggestions for Making Candied Nuts!
- Use a big steel baking sheet! Don’t line the baking pan with parchment paper and set it apart. You wish to bake the almond DIRECTLY on the pan.
- Soften the butter BEFORE you add the almonds on to the baking pan.
- Beat the the egg white combination till the combination is SUPER frothy. Then toss the almonds into the egg white combination and toss properly to make sure the almonds are tremendous moist and properly coated.
- Don’t beneath bake the candied almonds, and be sure you flip them each 20 minutes.
- And maybe crucial tip: let the cool earlier than digging in! As they cool, they’ll agency up and get crunchier. So for those who style one contemporary from the oven, don’t be alarmed if it’s nonetheless a bit tender.
Retailer Candied Almonds?
This recipe yields a TON of scrumptious cinnamon roasted almonds! Yu’ll positively have leftovers. The easiest way to retailer them is in an hermetic container, for up 2 weeks at room temperature. If wish to preserve them actually lengthy, do candied almonds and use my directions for freezing beneath!
Freeze this Candied Almonds Recipe?
- Permit the roasted almonds cool fully at room temperature.
- Switch the cinnamon roasted nuts to a freezer-friendly, hermetic container or ziplock bag.
- Retailer within the freezer for as much as 2 months. Take away from the freezer earlier than serving, thaw at room temperature and luxuriate in! They thaw in a short time, and even style nice frozen!
Straightforward Candied Almonds
These straightforward candied almonds are crunchy and lined in a scrumptious cinnamon sugar combination! Make-ahead pleasant, you’ll be able to retailer the candied nuts in an hermetic container for as much as two weeks at room temperature.
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter
- 24 ounces (1 and 1/2 kilos) uncooked almonds
- 2 giant egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon (14ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (199g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (53g) mild brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt crushed together with your fingertips into tiny flecks
Preheat the oven to 250 levels (F). Place butter on a big baking sheet, and place within the oven to soften. As soon as butter has melted, take away the baking sheet from the oven and put aside till wanted.
In a small bowl, mix the sugars, spices, and salt. Put aside till wanted.
In a separate giant bowl, whisk the egg whites with the vanilla till the combination may be very frothy.
Toss the almonds into the egg white combination and toss to coat. Then add within the cinnamon sugar combination and stir once more, mixing till the almonds are evenly coated within the sugar combination.
Unfold coated almonds onto the buttered baking sheet. Bake within the preheated oven, stirring each 20 minutes, for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Cool on the baking sheet for no less than quarter-hour earlier than serving. Retailer in an hermetic container, for as much as two weeks.