Spinach Salad with Pears, Cranberries, and Candied Pecans is a refreshing autumnal salad that’s an ideal addition to your fall menu!
The everyday Thanksgiving desk is loaded with carb-heavy dishes. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, salads drenched in sweetened whipped cream, dinner rolls, pies, and extra! Fall Salad Recipes might be the right more healthy addition, particularly one with fabulous autumn flavors!
Why You Should Make
- This Spinach Salad with Pears, Cranberries, and Candied Pecans is tossed with a maple French dressing.
- A inexperienced salad is an ideal strategy to steadiness out the carb loading that’s typical of many fall meals (like Thanksgiving!).
- This salad dressing with a contact of maple syrup is extremely scrumptious and memorable!
- Kitchen Staples – Olive Oil, Kosher Salt, Freshly Floor Black Pepper, Brown Sugar, Butter
- Balsamic Vinegar – I prefer to buy an 18-year-old balsamic. It’s candy and syrupy and can make a world of distinction in your salad dressing.
- Complete Grain Mustard – I take advantage of Gray Poupon.
- Maple Syrup – Use actual maple syrup, not artificially flavored.
- Pecan Halves – In the event that they aren’t the freshest, you possibly can gently warmth them in a dry nonstick pan to convey out their important oils (extra taste!)
- Purple Onion – See tip beneath.
- Dried Cranberries (Craisins) – Mine have been just a little outdated so I briefly rehydrated them by including them to a bowl full of some scorching water from my teapot. Dried cherries would even be scrumptious on this salad.
- Child Spinach – The leaves and stems are extra tender than common spinach. Snip off any thicker stems if desired.
- Agency Pears – Bosc or Bartlett. Quarter, core, and reduce into skinny slices. Do that as near serving time as attainable to attenuate browning. See tip beneath.
The way to Make
- This salad dressing with a contact of maple syrup is a brand new favourite. It’s extremely tasty. Be happy to shake up the number of nuts. Use walnuts or hazelnuts in the event you choose.
- PRO-Tip: When making the salad dressing, slowly whisk the oil into the opposite components. Whisking constantly will emulsify the dressing, which suggests it is going to maintain the oil from separating from the remainder of the components.
- Toss in some blue cheese in order for you a heartier salad. It pairs nicely with pears.
- PRO-Tip: To take a few of the chunk out of the onions, soak them in ice water whilst you prep the remainder of the salad. Drain and pat dry earlier than including to the salad.
- PRO-Tip: The pears will oxidize (flip brown) as soon as they’re sliced. It’s finest to chop them proper earlier than serving. Drizzling with an acidic combination just like the salad dressing will assist decelerate oxidation if you’ll want to prep forward of time.
- You possibly can glaze the pecans early within the day in order that step might be out of the best way.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Moreover pears, attempt including in some apples, cooked squash or candy potato cubes to your salads. Roasting cauliflower, fennel, and different greens will convey out their sweetness making them salad worthy. Attempt greens like arugula and child kale. Grains like rice, farro, and quinoa can be utilized as a substitute of lettuce as the bottom of an autumn salad.
A maple French dressing is all the time successful. The sweetness of maple syrup balances out the acidity of the vinegar. Or attempt lowering some apple cider till syrupy for extra sweetness.
You Might Additionally Like:
Keep in contact by means of social media @ Instagram, Fb, and Pinterest. Don’t neglect to tag me once you attempt one in every of my recipes! And in the event you love the outcomes, please give it a 5-star score within the recipe card. Be aware: As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ cup additional virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons complete grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- ⅔ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced crimson onion
- ⅓ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 8 cups child spinach
- 2 agency pears Bosc or Bartlett, unpeeled, quartered, cored and reduce into skinny slices
- To make salad dressing, mix the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil whereas whisking consistently. Put aside.
- To sweet the nuts, soften butter in a saucepan. Toss in pecans and blend until coated. Add brown sugar and prepare dinner, stirring, until caramelized. Place on parchment to chill.
- To assemble the salad, toss spinach, onions, and pears with dressing (rewhisk as wanted).
- Prime salad with cranberries and pecans.
Impressed by The New Thanksgiving Desk by Diane Morgan.
Chances are you’ll soften your cranberries in a little bit of salad dressing earlier than including to salad, if desired.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 286Whole Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 8mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g