The world’s most excellent cookie consists of a delicate, chewy vanilla base rolled in cinnamon and sugar earlier than baking. As they crackle and funky, these Small Batch Snickerdoodles will fill your kitchen with the perfect aroma! This recipe makes 1 dozen snickerdodles, however it may be scaled as much as make extra cookies, too.
The key ingredient in my snickerdoodles that makes them delicate and fluffy is cream cheese! Anytime we put cream cheese in a dough, the cookies turn into unforgettable. That is additionally true for my Gooey Butter Cake Cookies, as a result of the bottom can be cream cheese and butter. Please, no matter you do, do not miss the Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake Cookies model!
More often than not, once I pull a stick of butter out of the fridge for defrosting, I additionally add the block of cream cheese. As I make my Pistachio Pudding Cookies for Santa yearly, I at all times have a leftover half block of cream cheese. Then, I do know it is time to make my small batch snickerdoodles.
The best way to Make Small Batch Snickerdoodles
This recipe makes only one dozen snickerdoodles, which is the right quantity for the small family! We regularly use it to make six ice cream sandwiches, as a result of these cookies even keep delicate within the freezer!
Please be sure that your butter and cream cheese are softened room temperature earlier than baking. To do that, open the butter and cream cheese, slice off the quantity you want, and reduce it into small items. Go away the items flat on a plate at room temperature for about 20-60 minutes. They’re able to bake with when you’ll be able to simply press on them, however they don’t seem to be overly melty.
One other bonus to this recipe is that it makes use of a complete egg! Quite a lot of my recipes use simply the egg yolks or egg whites since we’re small-batch baking. However this small batch snickerdoodles recipe makes use of one complete massive egg.
- Butter. Simply 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for 20-60 minutes.
- Cream Cheese. We want 2 tablespoons of cream cheese. Don’t use whipped cream cheeses as a result of it accommodates milk.
- Granulated Sugar. We want sugar twice for this recipe: ½ cup for the precise small batch snickerdoodles dough and an additional 2 tablespoons for mixing with sugar and rolling in earlier than baking.
- Egg. One complete massive egg.
- Flour. Since it is a small batch recipe, you could be shocked on the flour quantity. It is ¾ cup plus an additional 2 tablespoons. It is principally a scant one cup of flour, or 14 tablespoons.
- Cream of Tartar. Do you actually have to purchase a jar of cream of tartar to make these cookies? Honestly, no, nonetheless, if you happen to add 1 teaspoon to your dough, will probably be pleasantly tangy and even chewier. It is your alternative. Right here is a superb article on the significance of cream of tartar.
- Baking Soda.
- Cinnamon. Classically, snickerdoodles are rolled in a cinnamon sugar combination earlier than baking. They unfold within the oven, crackle and the cinnamon sugar coating makes them so scrumptious.
First, preheat the oven to 350-degrees F, and have prepared a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Use an electrical mixer to beat collectively the softened cream cheese, butter and ½ cup of the sugar.
Subsequent, add the egg and beat till mixed. In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add this to the bowl with the butter combination and beat simply till mixed.
Mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and place in a small bowl. Roll heaping tablespoon-sized balls of dough in your palms, toss within the cinnamon-sugar combination, after which area evenly on a baking sheet.
Bake for 11th of September minutes, till the sides are simply beginning to turn into golden brown. Let the cookies cool for one minute on the baking sheet earlier than shifting to a wire rack to chill utterly.
The best way to Retailer Small Batch Snickerdoodles
Since this recipe solely makes one dozen cookies, you will not have too many leftovers! Leftover small batch snickerdoodles will be left on the counter at room temperature in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days. Moreover, the dough will be made forward and frozen in scoops if stored in freezer-safe luggage. Nonetheless, please oll the dough balls in cinnamon sugar simply earlier than baking, and easily add an additional minute or two to the baking time. There is no such thing as a must defrost the dough earlier than making an attempt to bake.
1 Dozen Snickerdoodles
A traditional small batch snickerdoodles cookie recipe with cream cheese and cream of tartar for the right tang!
Prepare dinner Time
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar (divided use)
- 1 massive egg
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, beat along with an electrical mixer the butter, cream cheese and ½ cup of the sugar. Beat till well-mixed and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Subsequent, beat within the egg.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Sprinkle this combination over the butter and sugar combination and beat till simply mixed.
- In a shallow bowl, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the dough out, roll it in your palm right into a ball, then roll it within the cinnamon-sugar combination. House the dough balls evenly on the baking sheet, then bake for 11th of September minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Storage: Leftover cookies will be left on the counter at room temperature in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days. The dough will be made forward and frozen in scoops if stored in freezer-safe luggage. Roll the dough balls in cinnamon sugar simply earlier than baking, and easily add an additional minute or two to the baking time.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 54Complete Fats: 4gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 25mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g