When the yearning for chocolate hits, I need you to recollect this wealthy, chocolatey recipe that tastes prefer it got here from a bakery. This pan of small batch brownies for 2 folks saves the day, each time! It is two beneficiant servings of wealthy, fudge-like brownies, baked in a loaf pan for a small batch.
Are you conversant in my idea of brownies for 2? I bake a small batch of brownies in a loaf pan as an alternative of a standard 8″ sq. brownie pan. A loaf pan is roughly half the dimensions of your favourite 8″ brownie pan.
In case you’ve been studying this web site for some time, you will know that my loaf pan is my favourite strategy to scale recipes all the way down to make fewer servings. I exploit it for small batches of blondies, marshmallows, and even lasagna!
My brownie recipe made in a loaf pan has been oh-so-perfected over the 12 years I have been cutting down desserts. Sure, I imply 12 years, and I’ve eaten lots of brownies in 12 years.
What you will want for Small Batch Brownies
- Butter. We’re utilizing half a stick of unsalted butter for this recipe. We will probably be melting it, so there is no must have it at room temperature.
- Granulated Sugar. Measure out ½ cup of granulated sugar, after which add another tablespoon for the right quantity for these small batch brownies for 2.
- Cocoa Powder. Unsweetened, 100% all-natural cocoa powder is the aim. Any model will work, however simply be sure you do not buy Dutch-process cocoa powder.
- Salt. The smallest quantity of salt (¼ teaspoon) supplies the right quantity of steadiness in a fudge-like wealthy brownie.
- Vanilla Extract. Sure, brownies are for chocolate lovers, however slightly vanilla extract actually makes the cocoa flavors sing.
- Egg. One entire giant egg, at room temperature. In case your eggs are chilly, simply soak them in heat water for about quarter-hour and proceed with the recipe.
- All-Function Flour.
Learn how to make a Small Batch of Brownies:
This recipe begins by making the brownie batter within the microwave earlier than baking within the oven. Earlier than you start, pre-heat your oven to 325-degrees Fahrenheit, and line your loaf pan with parchment paper in a single course. It is okay if the brownie batter touches the sides of the pan.
In a big microwave-safe bowl, mix the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. It is useful to cut the butter into small items in order that it melts sooner. Microwave this combination for 30 seconds on HIGH.
Cease the microwave, stir, after which microwave once more on HIGH for one more 30 seconds. Use a whisk to stir all the pieces collectively.
Subsequent, add the salt and vanilla and whisk to mix. Let this combination relaxation for 1 minute on the counter in order that it is not overly scorching.
Lastly, it is cool sufficient to stir in a single giant egg. Beat the egg very effectively into the small batch brownies batter.
Add the flour, and utilizing a spatula, stir it in very effectively. Use a minimal of fifty brisk strokes to totally incorporate the flour and activate the gluten within the flour. This results in tremendous chewy, dense and wealthy brownies.
Now your absolutely combined batter is prepared for baking.
Pour the small batch brownies batter into the awaiting loaf pan. Use steel binder clips to carry the parchment paper in place, if it threatens to show inwards.
Bake for 23 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, or till a toothpick inserted comes out with solely moist crumbs clinging to it. Let the brownies cool fully within the pan earlier than eradicating them from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
While you’re baking small batch brownies, all it’s important to do is reduce them in half and serve! Right here, I reduce them in small sticks as an alternative of two huge chunks, however you possibly can serve them dusted with powdered sugar any manner that you simply like!
Small Batch Brownies Recipe variations
Learn how to retailer this recipe for Brownies with Cocoa
These brownies do not final lengthy in my home, due to their small batch amount. Nevertheless, you possibly can preserve any leftover at room temperature for as much as 2 days in an air-tight container. I do not advocate refrigerating them.
One ultimate choice: if you happen to’ve by no means had a frozen brownie, I urge you to stay one slice of those small batch brownies within the freezer for later. Brownies by no means actually freeze agency, due to their excessive sugar content material, however they do turn out to be extremely wealthy and additional chewy when frozen. A favourite dessert in our home is a frozen brownie topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and highly regarded fudge sauce. The feel are superb!
Brownie Recipe Small Batch FAQs
First, be sure you didn’t over-bake your brownies. Cooking them too lengthy will make them dry out and turn out to be extra cake-like. Past that, the key lies with the recipe. An amazing fudgy brownie recipe will include a excessive share of fats within the type of butter, and an egg for the custard-like middle it creates. It additionally is not going to include a lot flour–just sufficient to barely maintain it collectively. In case you’re utilizing my recipe for brownies, you’ll all the time have fudge-like outcomes.
A recipe for fudgy brownies all the time comprises lots of butter and eggs. A cakey brownie recipe could have much less fats and far more flour to assist set and ‘dry’ out the combination.
Is that this even an actual query? Every part is best with butter, child. Skip the field combine for actual.
Scorching brownies are manner too fragile to chop. Let the brownies cool fully within the pan, take away them utilizing the parchment paper handles, and slice with a really sharp knife.
When brownies are completed, the highest will seem dry. In case you insert a toothpick within the middle of the brownies, it should have moist crumbs, however not moist batter.
Sure, this recipe requires the brownies to chill fully within the pan. That is ‘carryover cooking’ and can make sure the brownies keep fudgy but additionally cook dinner during.
I additionally simply wish to encourage you guys to learn by the feedback under to see how folks made these small batch brownies for 2 in a loaf pan their very own. Some added additional flour to make cake-y brownies, some baked them in ramekins to get a fudgier brownie, like my brownie pots. This recipe is yours to mess around with! Take pleasure in!
Extra Favorites from Dessert for Two
Prepare dinner Time
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 giant egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper in a single course
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir, and microwave for one more 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir the combination very effectively, after which add the salt and vanilla. Stir for 1 minute to chill the combination.
- Subsequent, add within the egg, and stir till its integrated.
- Lastly, add the flour, and stir for 50 strokes!
- Unfold the batter into the ready pan.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out with fudge crumbs clinging to it. The floor of the brownies is shiny when completed and beginning to crack.
- Let cool fully within the pan, after which elevate out utilizing the parchment paper.
- Slice in half and serve.
Storage: These brownies do not final lengthy in my home, due to their small batch amount. Nevertheless, you possibly can preserve any leftover at room temperature for as much as 2 days in an air-tight container. I do not advocate refrigerating them, however they’re actually scrumptious and chewy when eaten frozen.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 344Complete Fats: 26gSaturated Fats: 15gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 154mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g