Lastly, an simple sugar cookie recipe that makes a small batch of simply 6 cookies. I completely love that the dough would not require any chilling, plus it is made with melted butter. So, in case you forgot to melt the butter in your cookies, it’s not an issue! That is such an excellent recipe to make with youngsters, too.
This small batch cookie recipe is a traditional sugar cookie. It’s a easy, simple cookie recipe with a base of sugar, butter, and flour.
That is the Greatest Sugar Cookie Recipe!
I take into account this certainly one of my simple cookies recipes with few substances (6 whole not together with salt), that makes a small batch of sugar cookies.
Another excuse this cookie recipe is fast and fundamental is that there is no such thing as a chilling required for these sugar cookies. No chilling required sugar cookies can go from bowl to bake with none wait time in between.
In the event you’re in search of an eggless sugar cookie recipe, I’ve that, too.
What you will want for Small Batch Sugar Cookies
- Butter. I choose unsalted butter for baking. Within the case of this simple sugar cookie recipe, we are going to soften it earlier than utilizing, so it is okay if it is frozen or chilly from the fridge. We solely want half a stick, or 4 tablespoons/ 2 ounces.
- Granulated Sugar. If you learn ⅓ cup of sugar, you may suppose that is a small quantity, however keep in mind we’re solely making 6 cookies.
- Egg Yolk. Please, don’t use the entire egg for this recipe. We solely want the egg yolk. Separate the egg and save the egg white for any of those recipes that use egg whites. In the event you double the recipe, use two egg yolks solely. Equally, in case you triple, use three egg yolks. The rationale I do not use egg whites in my small batch sugar cookies is as a result of the fats of the egg yolk makes for superior chewy cookies. I occur to like the crisp edge and chewy middle type of cookie.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Flour. All-purpose common flour that has been fluffed, scooped and leveled with a knife within the measuring cup.
- Baking Soda. We want a small quantity of baking soda and a pinch of salt to spherical out this recipe.
The most effective pan to make use of for these simple small batch sugar cookies is a quarter sheet pan. It is what you see within the images right here, and I occur to like them.
I like to recommend baking this simple sugar cookie recipe on parchment paper or a silicone mat. Utilizing a nonstick floor on high of your cookie sheet retains the cookies from sticking to the pan, however there’s one other profit. Utilizing these things helps with even warmth distribution whereas baking. This makes the cookies unfold uniformly and prepare dinner evenly, much like the advantages of roasting the pan half-way by way of baking.
The way to make Sugar Cookies
First, preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit, and have your favourite cookie sheet pan prepared. I wish to line with parchment paper or use a silicone reusable mat.
Stir collectively the melted butter, the granulated sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla within the mixing bowl very properly.
Subsequent, sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt evenly over the floor of the bowl, and stir every thing collectively to mix.
As soon as the dough comes collectively, I’ve a trick for making all of the cookies the identical dimension that does not require a scale. Use your spatula to press the dough right into a flat disk within the bowl. By eye, divide the dough in half, making a line down the middle of the dough with the spatula. From every half, you must get 3 cookies, for a complete of 6 cookies.
Evenly area the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. The cookies are accomplished once they unfold and begin to crackle on high.
They could puff up within the oven, however as they cool, they are going to deflate and crackle fantastically. You may press a chocolate sweet on high as they cool, in case you like.
This recipe relies off the sugar cookie recipe in my third cookbook: Candy & Easy: Desserts for Two, and so in case you love a easy small batch recipes, you need to actually seize a duplicate. All the recipe have lower than 10 substances to make candy, easy desserts.
Simple Sugar Cookie Recipe FAQs
These sugar cookies bake up crackly, which is not the kind of sugar cookie that you just beautify with royal icing. In the event you’re in search of a small batch sugar cookie to brighten, I can completely enable you to there.
Sure, you may completely double and triple this recipe, however you should definitely comply with the recipe precisely. This implies use two egg yolks, not a complete egg, for a double batch. For a triple batch, use three egg yolks–do not use egg whites on this cookie recipe.
Sure, completely! You do not want to relax this dough. Simply soften the butter, stir collectively the dough, scoop out the cookies and bake.
On the subject of sugar cookies, all of us need delicate, chewy cookies which have barely crisp edges. Nevertheless, in case you over-bake the cookies, the result’s a dry, arduous cookie. Take away them from the oven simply when the sides start to set, after which allow them to cool on the pan for a couple of minutes. As soon as the cookies are simply agency sufficient to be eliminated with a spatula, transfer them to a wire rack to chill utterly. I rarely advocate letting cookies cool utterly on a baking pan, as a result of the residual warmth from the pan will trigger them to over-bake. To stop your freshly baked cookies from turning arduous over the subsequent few days, you should definitely retailer them in an hermetic container with a slice of bread to keep up moisture.
The rationale sugar cookies puff up is due to the leavener used within the dough (in our case: baking soda), and since the warmth within the oven evaporates the water within the butter. Because the steam escapes the butter, the baked good left behind is puffy and tender.
With this recipe, it’s not vital to relax the sugar cookie dough. Though we’re beginning with melted butter, the recipe accommodates sufficient flour to carry the cookies collectively. Typically, individuals chill cookie dough to verify it doesn’t unfold an excessive amount of within the oven. You received’t want to try this with this recipe. Nevertheless, if the ensuing cookies aren’t completely spherical, attempt utilizing a big spherical cookie cutter to softly nudge the sides into the specified form proper once they come out of the oven.
Butter is all the time king in my kitchen. The flavour of butter makes all baked items style so scrumptious. Shortening is usually a tasteless fats that gives moisture however little or no taste. Additionally, butter and shortening aren’t interchangeable. This recipe is for melted butter solely.
Whereas I all the time encourage humility, on this explicit case, I really feel assured saying I make the very best do-it-yourself sugar cookies on the earth, ever. They’re delicate, chewy, simple and fast. I perceive it is a daring assertion, however it’s one I’m dedicated to face behind for the remainder of my life.
Scroll by way of the feedback and a whole lot of 5-star evaluations on this recipe under, in case you’re inclined to not imagine me. Additionally do not miss my lavender cookies, which have the identical dough.
The way to retailer this Sugar Cookie Recipe
This simple sugar cookie recipe makes cookies that preserve properly at room temperature in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days. Though, if the container is not utterly air-tight, they may dry out, so make certain to make use of one thing that snaps tightly. I do not advocate freezing these cookies as soon as baked.
I additionally do not actually advocate freezing the dough, as a result of it’ll add a number of minutes to the baking time. You may find yourself with puffy, not crinkly cookies in case you bake these from frozen. Actually, these small batch sugar cookies are so fast and simple to whip up, you need not make them too far upfront.
Different Simple Cookie Recipes:
Extra Favorites from Dessert for Two
Yield: 6 cookies
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Small batch sugar cookies recipe for 2.
Prepare dinner Time
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar, plus further for rolling
- 1 giant egg yolk, egg white reserved for one more use
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon advantageous salt
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone mat).
- Stir collectively the melted butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir very properly to mix.
- Subsequent, sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt evenly over the dough, and stir simply to mix.
- Press the dough flat and evenly within the bowl, after which divide it in half by eye. It’s best to get 3 cookies from every half.
- Roll every dough ball in your fingers, roll frivolously further granulated sugar, after which area evenly on the ready baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, till they unfold, begin to crackle and seem dry on high.
- Let the cookies relaxation on the baking sheet for two minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- After the cookies have cooled for 10 minutes, you may press a chocolate coronary heart into the middle of every cookie, in case you like. Transfer the cookies to the fridge (so the hearts do not soften an excessive amount of) to set for half-hour.
- Carry to room temperature earlier than serving.
Egg Yolk: This recipe doesn’t use the entire egg for this recipe, simply the egg yolk. Separate the egg and save the egg white for one more recipe. In the event you double the recipe, use two egg yolks solely. Equally, in case you triple, use three egg yolks. By no means use the egg white for this recipe if you’d like excellent, chewy cookies.
Flour: All-purpose flour that has been fluffed within the bag or jar, scooped and leveled with the again of a knife within the measuring cup.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 230Whole Fats: 14gSaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 83mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g