This One Pan honey turmeric hen recipe is so easy, and it has saved me on these busy weeknights after I have to get one thing shortly on the desk. And BONUS…it’s wholesome too!
Awhile again I used to be in a complete dinner rut. The stress of shifting, not discovering a home to purchase, new metropolis, new colleges, not discovering medical doctors, not realizing my means round and so on. was taking its toll and I used to be feeling a bit drained. So I simply simplified actually the whole lot. Beginning with meals. I wanted extra time sitting with my household and fewer time grocery procuring and cooking. This sheet pan recipe takes solely 20 minutes!
I feel we made this dinner as soon as per week for over a month till I lastly determined it must be on the weblog. It’s completely adaptable with what veggies you employ and will even be made right into a Buddha bowl.
Elements for Honey Turmeric Rooster
You aren’t going to consider how easy this recipe is in terms of the components. Because of this it has grow to be an everyday on our dinner rotation. I’m all about fast and straightforward recipes nowadays! Here’s what you have to:
For the Rooster
- Rooster Thighs: boneless, skinless, lower into chunk measurement items
- Flour: simply all objective flour, helps type a crust on the hen while you cook dinner it
- Turmeric: provides all the flavour and daring, stunning colour
- Salt: provides taste
- Pepper: provides a bit warmth and nice taste, hen all the time wants salt and pepper!
- Asparagus: wash the asparagus and snap off the basis finish, then lower them into 1″ items
- Zucchini: gently wash the zucchini after which slice it into 1/4-1/2″ disks
- Lemon: that is completely non-obligatory however might be added should you needed the added burst of taste
For the Sauce
- Water: base for the sauce
- Honey: provides pure sweetness and pairs so completely with the turmeric
- Black Pepper: provides taste to the sauce and little bit of warmth
- Salt: provides taste and enhances the sweetness
- Rice Vinegar: provides an ideal tang to the sauce and might be substituted with lemon juice should you desire
The recipe card on the finish of the publish comprises the measurements of all of the components in addition to directions for how one can make this recipe.
Turmeric is a spice within the ginger household that originates in Southeast Asia and is without doubt one of the most important components in curry powder. It’s a deep yellow-orange colour that provides unique taste, diet and daring colour to any meal.
The place Do You Purchase Turmeric?
Turmeric might be discovered at any grocery retailer on the spice aisle. Additionally they have it at Costco. If you happen to can’t discover it by the spices for some purpose, you’ll be able to normally discover it within the well being complement aisle.
What are the Well being Advantages of Turmeric?
The primary lively ingredient in turmeric is a compound referred to as curcumin which has confirmed advantages as an anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and as an antioxidant and it additionally helps mind well being and wound therapeutic. Turmeric can be thought-about an excellent meals.
Can I Use Rooster Breasts As a substitute of Thighs?
You possibly can completely swap the thighs for hen breasts if you would like. We love utilizing thighs due to the good taste, however if you would like a bit leaner meat, then go along with hen breasts for positive!
Concepts for Vegetable Substitutes
If zucchini or asparagus aren’t household favorites, then right here another choices:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Inexperienced Beans
- Potatoes (parboil them first)
Why You Will Love This Rooster Recipe
- Simple: A lot of the components for this recipe shall be objects you have already got within the pantry. The method for making the dish couldn’t be extra easy and also you solely want one sheet pan! You additionally get your protein and greens multi functional dish.
- Fast: You should have dinner on the desk in lower than half-hour.
- Taste: The flavour of turmeric is so superb and it tastes so good when it’s paired with honey.
- Household Pleasant: The entire household will love this recipe. We virtually by no means have leftovers.
Storing, Freezing and Reheating Rooster
Honey turmeric hen with greens will preserve within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Make sure you put it in an hermetic container.
This recipe additionally does rather well within the freezer. Retailer it in an hermetic container or ziploc bag. It can preserve within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
If the hen is frozen, let it thaw in a single day within the fridge. To reheat the hen, place the whole lot on a sheet pan and heat it within the oven at 325 levels Fahrenheit till heated via (about 5-10 minutes).
Suggestions for Making the Finest Honey Turmeric Rooster
There are some things you are able to do to have probably the most success with this recipe, beginning with chopping the hen into the same sizes. This may assist the hen to cook dinner evenly.
Whenever you add the hen and veggies to the sheet pan, be certain that the pan isn’t overcrowded. If it’s overcrowded, the whole lot will steam relatively than roasting.
Lastly, this dish can stand alone and be an entire meal, however if you wish to add a facet dish to it, serve it over white rice or with a facet of naan!
Honey turmeric hen is a healthful and wholesome dinner recipe that’s stunning to take a look at and much more gorgeous to eat! It takes lower than half-hour to have dinner on the desk and the entire household will adore it!
Extra Simple Rooster Recipes to Attempt:
Sheet Pan Honey Turmeric Rooster with Asparagus and Zucchini
Recipe evenly tailored from NY Instances.
- 1.5 lbs Rooster Thighs boneless skinless, lower into 1″ items
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Asparagus trimmed into 1″ items
- 2 Zucchinis lower into 1/4-1/2″ slices
For the Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Rice Vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
In a small measuring cup, whisk collectively the water, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Put aside.
In a bowl, add the flour, turmeric, salt and pepper and whisk to mix. Add within the hen and use your hand to toss to coat evenly.
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Add oil to a baking sheet, add the hen and greens and bake for 15-20 minutes. See notes for cooking on the range prime.
Stir within the sauce till the hen and veggies are coated for the final 2 minutes.
Add all the hen again in and add the asparagus and zucchini and some pinches of coarse salt, stirring for two minutes till tender.
Add the sauce and stir till it thickens, then serve instantly.
Sheet Pan Honey Turmeric Rooster with Asparagus and Zucchini
Quantity Per Serving (1 cup)
Energy from Fats 171
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 5g31%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 4g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 111mg37%
Vitamin A 787IU16%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Candy Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
Whenever you strive a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for an opportunity to be featured in our tales! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.