This simple Raspberry Sauce makes use of simply 7 elements and takes lower than quarter-hour to arrange. Drizzle it over cheesecake, waffles, or brownie sundaes–or simply take pleasure in by the spoonful!
7 Ingredient Raspberry Sauce
This simple home made raspberry sauce could be drizzled over cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt, waffles–the chances are limitless! It has a shiny, completely balanced taste that’s each candy and tart (and pairs so nicely with a brownie sundae…yum). The perfect half? It tastes simply pretty much as good with frozen raspberries because it does with recent, so you possibly can take pleasure in all of it yr lengthy!
I favor to go away the seeds in my sauce just because I believe raspberry sauce wants seeds (the feel is such a key a part of the raspberry expertise, in spite of everything), however you possibly can pressure them out if you would like yours to be silky.
This sauce could be served scorching or chilly, and it makes a pleasant macaron filling (that you must use a frosting dam to maintain it from spilling out although!). It’s a bit skinny to make use of as a cake filling, however I’ve an answer for that! Scroll right down to the FAQ part for extra.
Why make my recipe:
- Has a recent taste, even with frozen berries.
- Might be served scorching or chilly with limitless makes use of.
- Only a few elements and fewer than quarter-hour to make!
What You Want
You’ll want to collect simply 7 elements to make this raspberry sauce. Moreover water and sugar, we can be utilizing:
- Raspberries. Recent or frozen raspberries work properly right here, so take your decide! In case your berries are particularly tart, it’s possible you’ll want so as to add a bit extra sugar; style check to make certain.
- Cornstarch. The cornstarch thickens our sauce, however not a lot that it’s too thick or jam-like.
- Lemon juice. A splash of lemon juice accents the tartness of the berries and retains this sauce from being too candy.
- Butter. The butter is optionally available, however I like to recommend including it to provide the sauce a silky smoothness. Since we’re utilizing such a small quantity, you should utilize both salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt. Only a pinch enhances and balances the flavour.
SAM’S TIP: Similar to in my raspberry frosting, I decide to forgo vanilla on this recipe for a recent, raspberry outstanding taste. In the event you’d favor a extra candied raspberry taste, be at liberty so as to add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract while you stir within the butter.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the put up!
Learn how to Make Raspberry Sauce
- Mix all elements besides the butter in a saucepan over medium low warmth.
- Stir continuously till the berries grow to be juicy and the combination could be very fluid.
- Enhance the warmth to medium and produce the combination to a simmer, stirring consistently. Let simmer for one minute (nonetheless stirring consistently) till the combination thickens and turns into deeper in coloration.
- Take away from the warmth, stir within the butter, and pressure if desired. Let cool to room temperature earlier than masking and chilling.
SAM’S TIP: I haven’t tried it myself, however I believe that this recipe can even work equally nicely with blackberries. In the event you’re trying to make use of one other kind of berry although, I recommend you attempt my blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
Regularly Requested Questions
You’ll simply have to pressure the sauce via a high quality mesh strainer after including the butter. It should require a little bit of effort and nudging the sauce via to perform this. Notice that you should have much less sauce should you pressure out the seeds.
Sure! This recipe will maintain in an hermetic container within the freezer for at the least a month.
Much like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, raspberry sauce pairs nicely with pork and poultry for Easter!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe under! In the event you do that recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram, and you may as well discover me on YouTube and Fb
Servings: 8 servings (¼ cup every — recipe makes 2 cups)
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix raspberries water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low warmth.
12 oz (340 g) raspberries, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar, ¼ cup (60 ml) water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cook dinner, stirring continuously, till berries launch their juices and combination turns into very liquidy.
Enhance warmth to medium and stir consistently, carry to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring consistently for about 1 minute, till berries are damaged down, deeper in coloration, and the combination is barely thickened (it ought to coat the again of a spoon).
Take away from warmth and instantly stir in butter.
1 Tablespoon (14 g) butter
If you need a seedless sauce, pour instantly via a fine-mesh strainer and discard seeds.
Enable to chill to room temperature, then pour right into a container, cowl, and refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week.
Serving: 1serving (¼ cup) | Energy: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and must be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.