Three layers of Purple Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting will wow your visitors! It’s spectacular and irresistible!
This Finest Purple Velvet Cake recipe is tender and moist with 3 layers separated by the dreamiest frosting! Good for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or anytime you’re craving pink velvet.
Why You Should Make
- This THREE layer cake makes a beautiful presentation!
- The buttermilk within the batter ensures a moist tender cake.
- It’s iced with cream cheese frosting enhanced with white chocolate. It’s irresistible!!
One other birthday has come and gone. Katie is fairly predictable on the subject of her birthday cake. It has at all times been predictable: Purple Velvet, Tres Leches, Funfetti Cake, or Cheesecake. This was a pink velvet yr…and a three-layer cake was a should for a twenty fifth birthday celebration.
- Buttermilk – If you happen to’re in a pinch, you may make buttermilk at residence by measuring out 1 cup of complete or 2% milk, then mixing in a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let it relaxation a couple of minutes, then stir earlier than utilizing.
- Cake Flour – This flour has much less gluten than all-purpose flour and creates extra tender truffles. If you happen to don’t have cake flour readily available, you may make a straightforward substitution. For every cup, measure out a cup of all-purpose flour. Take away 2 tablespoons of the flour and exchange it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Whisk to mix earlier than utilizing.
- Oil – Use a impartial flavored oil like canola.
- White Chocolate – My addition to the cream cheese frosting. The frosting may be made with out it should you’re not a fan.
The refined chocolate taste from a little bit of cocoa powder within the typical pink velvet cake is sufficient for my woman…and the addition of white chocolate to the frosting kicks it up a notch.
The BEST Purple Velvet Cake Recipe
That is the final word pink velvet cake recipe…I’ve made quite a few truffles and cupcakes and have had oodles of recipe requests. Actually, right here in Indianapolis, this recipe really saved a basement from devastating flood harm. You could surprise, “How can that be???” Nicely, my jet-setting associates are sometimes overseas (or at the very least the state) on lecture excursions. They’re the couple we bumped into in Venice. I believe the hubby must look into this discuss circuit factor…however I digress.
Anyhow, their daughter simply adores pink velvet cupcakes, and my pal usually has a stash in her basement freezer. So Julie popped over to her mum or dad’s home, hoping to discover a frozen deal with ready for her. Nicely, she discovered greater than that. The recent water heater had sprung a leak and main harm was averted attributable to this discovery. See, pink velvet cake may be very helpful, in addition to extraordinarily tasty. Everybody wants a stash…you gained’t remorse it.
Easy methods to Make a Purple Velvet Cake
There are 4 essential elements to make an official pink velvet cake: cocoa, some kind of pink meals coloring, vinegar, and buttermilk. As my husband, a real chocoholic will attest, a pink velvet cake just isn’t a chocolate cake. There’s some cocoa powder in a pink velvet cake, however nowhere as a lot cocoa or chocolate as in a chocolate cake. Wealthy and moist with a high quality texture, it historically is iced with cream cheese frosting.
- Make the cake batter.
- Bake in well-greased, parchment-lined cake pans. Be sure to divide evenly, by weighing or eyeing the depth of the batter.
- Let cool utterly earlier than frosting.
- When cool, place the primary layer on a cake stand or plate, and tuck items of parchment paper across the perimeter of the cake to maintain the frosting off the cake stand.
- Stack the three cake layers, including a beneficiant portion of frosting throughout the floor earlier than stacking the following layer.
- Utilizing an offset spatula, frost the outside of the cake and garnish if desired.
- PRO-Tip: Have all of your elements at room temperature. Set out your eggs and buttermilk for 1-2 hours earlier than baking to get the nippiness off.
- Atypically, the cream cheese frosting recipe doesn’t name for room-temperature cream cheese.
- Combine in eggs one by one. This offers the batter time to thicken and emulsify.
- PRO-Tip: Alternate including moist and dry elements. Including all of the moist elements without delay might saturate the creamed sugar and butter combination which might result in separation.
- Including all of the dry elements without delay might create a really thick batter that will should be overwhelmed longer. Extreme beating can lead to a troublesome cake.
- If you’d like completely even cake layers, you’ll be able to weigh your cake pans and divvy up the batter so that every one pans weigh the identical. Alternatively, you need to use toothpicks to match the depth of the batter of every pan or simply eyeball every pan.
- When the cake is nearly completed baking, you’ll scent the scrumptious, candy aroma of baked cake. Peek via the oven door to see if it’s time to check the cake for doneness.
- To check your cake, use a toothpick and insert it into the center of the cake. When a cake is completed, the toothpick will come out clear or with only a few moist crumbs. There will probably be no batter on the toothpick.
- I additionally like to make use of my forefinger to faucet close to the middle of the cake. If the cake springs again up, it’s executed baking. If an indentation is left, add just a few extra minutes to the baking time, then repeat.
- Cool your baked truffles on cooling racks for 10-20 minutes earlier than inverting them out of the pans. Take away the parchment and permit them to chill utterly on the racks earlier than icing.
- If you happen to frost whereas the truffles are heat, the frosting will soften into the cake.
- If you happen to’d favor to save lots of the truffles to frost later, wrap the layers effectively with plastic wrap and freeze. Defrost the layers within the fridge earlier than frosting.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Popularized through the nice despair, since cocoa was simpler to obtain than chocolate, pink velvet cake is a cross between Satan’s Meals Cake and Velvet Cake. A chemical response between the acids within the batter and the cocoa powder turned the batter a darkish pink.
The unique model was not the deep pink that’s seen in at present’s pink velvet truffles. As an alternative of counting on the chemical response, pink meals coloring and even beet juice is added for a extra intense pink coloration.
Regardless of cocoa powder within the batter, pink velvet cake doesn’t style like chocolate. As an alternative, its major taste is vanilla with only a whisper of cocoa.
You Could Additionally Like:
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces pink meals coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, chilly
- 12 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted gently in microwave and cooled barely
- 6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease three 9-inch cake pans with butter and line the bottoms with parchment. Grease the highest of the parchment. Put aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa and salt collectively in bowl.
- Beat oil and sugar in an electrical mixer on medium until effectively blended. Beat in eggs, one by one. Decrease mixer velocity to low, and thoroughly add the pink meals coloring. Add vanilla, then alternate flour with buttermilk, beginning with half the flour, then half the buttermilk, the remainder of the flour, then ending with buttermilk. Scrape down the bowl, then combine simply briefly until mixed.
- Place baking soda and vinegar in a dish and stir to mix. Add to batter with mixer operating. Beat for simply 10 seconds.
- Divide batter between the three pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clear. Let cool for about 10-20 minutes, then take away from pan and peel off parchment. Cool utterly earlier than icing.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla simply until blended. Combine in white chocolate. Add powdered sugar slowly (2 cups at a time) and beat until frosting is easy and at your required consistency.
- Frost and garnish as desired.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 904Whole Fats: 52gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 33gLdl cholesterol: 90mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 1gSugar: 79gProtein: 7g