Pomodoro Sauce is a scrumptious Italian Sauce that’s extremely tasty and versatile. Apply it to pasta, a sauce for pizza, or perhaps a base for soups or sauces!
I first tasted Pomodoro sauce at an area Italian restaurant and was instantly hooked. The intense, recent tomato taste, mixed with the fragrant garlic and basil, was completely heavenly. I knew I needed to learn to make it myself.
So, I set out on a mission to search out the proper sauce recipe. I scoured the web and cookbooks, attempting out completely different variations and tweaking them to my liking. And after a lot experimentation, I lastly come across the proper mixture of elements and methods.
Why You will Select This Sauce For Your Subsequent Pasta Night time
- Quick. A freshly made sauce that’s prepared in beneath half-hour.
- Straightforward. This can be a easy pour and cook dinner recipe that may be made in your stovetop by following a couple of simple steps.
- Low Carb. Solely 8 web carbs per serving.
- Vegetarian. An ideal addition to your subsequent vegetarian dinner that is stuffed with taste with out the addition of meat.
What Does Pomodoro Sauce Style Like?
Pomodoro sauce is a sort of tomato-based sauce that originated in Italy. It is made with a couple of easy elements, together with tomatoes, garlic, and basil, however the result’s a sauce that’s bursting with taste.
What Is The Distinction Between Pomodoro Sauce And Marinara Sauce?
Pomodoro sauce and marinara sauce are each Italian tomato-based sauces which can be generally utilized in Italian delicacies. Nevertheless, there are a couple of key variations between the 2 sauces.
Pomodoro sauce is usually made with ripe tomatoes, olive oil, recent basil, and garlic. It’s a easy sauce that’s meant to focus on the flavour of the tomatoes. Pomodoro sauce is commonly utilized in dishes like pasta and bruschetta.
Marinara sauce, then again, is made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs. It’s a extra advanced sauce that has a deeper taste than pomodoro sauce. Marinara sauce is commonly utilized in dishes like pizza and pasta. It can be used as a dipping sauce for bread or as a base for different sauces.
Basically, pomodoro sauce is a less complicated and extra tomato-forward sauce, whereas marinara sauce is extra advanced and has a deeper taste.
Elements You will Want
Pomodoro sauce is an very simple recipe, however it’s bursting with taste. This is what you may have to have in your kitchen earlier than you get began:
- Complete peeled tomatoes– I favor to make use of canned tomatoes for ease, however if you wish to use recent tomatoes, you should utilize them as nicely.
- Olive oil– To assist sweat the garlic and onion to make them flavorful and tender.
- Garlic– Recent garlic provides the most important punch of taste.
- Onion– Offers taste and a little bit of texture to the sauce.
- Basil– Supplies freshness to assist steadiness the wealthy, salty flavors of the opposite elements.
How To Make Pomodoro Sauce
When you’ve got a big pan and a stovetop, you’ll be able to simply make this tasty tomato sauce recipe at house. Comply with the steps beneath to make an ideal Pomodoro sauce each time!
- In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth.
- Whereas the pan is warming up, separate the canned complete tomatoes from the liquid. You’ll reserve the liquid to make use of once more later.
- Add the diced garlic to the recent oil and saute till aromatic and barely browned.
- Place the tomatoes into the pan with the oil and garlic and stir on low warmth till the tomatoes start to interrupt down.
- As soon as the tomatoes are tender and mushy, add within the liquid reserved from the canned tomatoes.
- Add in basil, salt, and pepper, and let the sauce simmer till barely diminished and flavorful.
- When you favor your sauce to have a easy texture, you’ll be able to permit it to chill barely after which use an immersion blender. When you favor a chunkier texture, serve the sauce as is and luxuriate in!
What To Serve It With
Each time I need a fast and straightforward meal, I exploit my trusty Pomodoro sauce recipe. It is excellent for tossing with pasta, spreading on pizza, or utilizing it as a base for all types of dishes. And the very best half? It is so easy that even a newbie cook dinner can whip up a batch very quickly.
- Serve with pasta. Toss a scrumptious al dente pasta to coat it to perfection for a family-friendly meal.
- Make a pizza. Skip the overly candy canned or jarred pizza sauce and high a flatbread with some sauce and your favourite topping for a pizza that can rival your favourite supply.
- Prime Hen Parmesan. Use leftover home made Pomodoro Sauce to cowl a keto hen tender and sprinkle on some cheese for a tasty low carb dinner.
How Lengthy Does It Final?
Pomodoro sauce can final for as much as every week within the fridge whether it is saved correctly. To retailer Pomodoro sauce, place it in an hermetic container or sealable plastic bag and refrigerate it.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to freeze this sauce for longer storage. Frozen Pomodoro sauce can final for a number of months within the freezer.
To make use of frozen Pomodoro sauce, thaw it within the fridge or microwave till it’s heated via. If the sauce is simply too thick after it has been frozen and thawed, you’ll be able to skinny it out by stirring in a little bit little bit of water or broth.
Extra Easy Sauce Recipes
So, should you’re searching for a scrumptious and versatile sauce so as to add to your recipe repertoire, give Pomodoro Sauce a attempt. Belief me, you will not be upset. It is certain to convey a little bit pleasure to your kitchen and your style buds!
Servings: 6 servings
Click on on highlighted elements or Tools to see precisely what I exploit to make this recipe
In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth.
Whereas the pan is warming up, separate the canned complete tomatoes from the liquid. You’ll reserve the liquid to make use of once more later.
Add the diced garlic to the recent oil and saute till aromatic and barely browned.
Place the tomatoes into the pan with the oil and garlic and stir on low warmth about 20 minutes till the tomatoes start to interrupt down.
As soon as the tomatoes are tender and mushy, add within the liquid reserved from the canned tomatoes.
Add in basil, salt, and pepper, and let the sauce simmer till barely diminished and flavorful.
When you favor your sauce to have a easy texture, you’ll be able to permit it to chill barely after which use an immersion blender. When you favor a chunkier texture, serve the sauce as is and luxuriate in!
Get assist & join with our group on Fb!
Energy: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 5g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g