My Peanut Butter Cupcakes are fastidiously designed to be completely moist and fluffy. We’ll prime them off with a swirled chocolate peanut butter icing that’s surprisingly simple to make! Recipe features a how-to video.
The Prettiest Peanut Butter Cupcakes
I’m so excited to be sharing these peanut butter cupcakes with you at present! This carefully-tested recipe was meticulously designed to yield gentle and fluffy, flavorful and moist cupcakes that completely soften in your mouth. They’re topped with a fantastic (however simple!) swirl of chocolate peanut butter frosting that enhances the cake completely. In the event you’re a chocolate & peanut butter fan, you’re simply going to love these.
With its wealthy, creamy texture, you might be shocked to search out out that peanut butter is definitely very drying and might be fairly troublesome to bake with. Because of this, perfecting this recipe was fairly a problem, particularly since peanut butter could make issues extra dense as properly, and I needed these to be gentle and fluffy (even lighter than my peanut butter chocolate chip muffins). A number of tweaking and testing occurred earlier than this one was able to share, however we lastly nailed it!
Why it’s best to attempt my recipe:
- Tremendous moist, thanks to some fastidiously chosen components.
- Makes 24 cupcakes–nice for events!
- Spectacular two-tone frosting swirl (that’s really tremendous simple to do!).
- Straightforward: no creaming butter, sifting flour, or whipping eggs.
What You Want
Don’t be overwhelmed by the whole lot up there–these peanut butter cupcakes are very simple to make. Simply make sure that to pay shut consideration to the next components:
- Peanut butter. Use “common” creamy peanut butter and never the pure form that separates. In the event you just like the crunch, you could possibly use crunchy peanut butter within the cupcakes themselves, however I don’t suggest it for the frosting.
- Cake flour. Utilizing cake flour helps us obtain a lightweight and fluffy texture whereas nonetheless incorporating peanut butter within the batter. All-purpose flour may yield a extra dense end result, which I actively needed to keep away from.
- Bitter cream. Bitter cream provides taste and moisture (a observe taken from my yellow cake). Full-fat greek yogurt may even work!
- Milk. Milk helps lighten the cupcakes and retains them from being too dense. I favor to bake with entire milk and suggest it right here for finest outcomes.
- Cocoa powder. I like utilizing pure cocoa powder right here, however you could possibly use Dutch course of cocoa powder as an alternative. The flavour can be extra intense if you happen to do.
SAM’S TIP: The swirled frosting might look difficult, however the preparation is definitely quite simple. It’s additionally irresistibly tasty (jogs my memory of peanut butter buckeyes). Notice: This recipe makes a good bit of frosting so you’ve got sufficient to make good swirls on every cupcake.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
How you can Make Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Mix the dry components – Whisk collectively the dry components and sugar in a bowl, then stir within the melted butter and oil.
- Add the moist components – Add the peanut butter, then stir within the eggs, vanilla, and bitter cream till properly mixed. Slowly drizzle within the milk and stir till the batter is uniform.
- Bake – Divide the batter right into a 12-count muffin pan and bake for 22-24 minutes at 350F. Use the toothpick check to verify your cupcakes are executed, and do NOT over-bake!
- Cool earlier than frosting – Let the cupcakes cool of their pan for five minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack to chill fully.
- Make the peanut butter frosting – Put together the peanut butter frosting till easy and creamy, then divide half the frosting right into a piping bag.
- Make the chocolate frosting – Add cocoa powder to the remaining frosting and blend till integrated. Place this frosting in a piping bag as properly.
- Create the swirl – Trim the ends and put each piping baggage into a bigger piping bag fitted with a big closed star tip.
- Frost and revel in! Pipe the frosting onto your cooled cupcakes.
SAM’S TIP: Your cupcakes are executed when a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear or (ideally) with a couple of moist crumbs. The cracks on prime of the cupcakes may nonetheless look underdone at this level, but when your toothpick reveals the cupcakes are prepared, take them out. In the event you depart them in too lengthy, your cupcakes can be dry and crumbly.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
My recipe is fastidiously designed to be moist and light-weight, however sadly this received’t matter a lot if you happen to over-bake your cupcakes! That is the worst offense with this recipe (with most truffles, actually) and is the highest trigger for dry cupcakes.
Including an excessive amount of flour or utilizing a “pure” peanut butter also can trigger your cupcakes to be dry.
In the event you’re nervous in regards to the taste, I can guarantee you that including bitter cream to your cupcake batter received’t make it style like bitter cream. As a substitute, it’ll make your cupcakes extra flavorful and tender, and it’ll additionally make them extra moist.
In the event you can’t discover bitter cream the place you reside, full-fat Greek yogurt may even work. However I don’t suggest leaving this ingredient out completely.
You should use this swirled frosting approach with most of my different frostings too (so long as they’re of the same thickness). Vanilla frosting and strawberry frosting can be so fairly collectively!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In the event you do that recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you can too discover me on YouTube and Fb
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Frosting
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line two 12-count cupcake tins with paper liners. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3 cups cake flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup gentle brown sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
Add melted butter and oil and use an electrical mixer to stir till all flour is moistened.
12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
Stir in peanut butter.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Add eggs, vanilla extract and bitter cream and stir till totally mixed.
3 massive eggs, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 cup bitter cream
Slowly drizzle in milk and stir till fully mixed and batter is easy and uniform.
¼ cup entire milk
Evenly divide batter into ready cupcake tin.
Switch to middle rack of 350F (175C) oven (I solely bake one tray at a time) and bake for 22-24 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear or (ideally) with moist crumbs. Cupcake surfaces will crack, the cracks should seem moist when the cupcakes are completed baking. Don’t over-bake or cupcakes can be dry and crumbly.
Permit cupcakes to chill in pan for five minutes earlier than gently, fastidiously eradicating to a cooling rack to chill fully earlier than frosting.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirled Frosting & Adorning
Mix butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt and stir till easy and creamy.
1 ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon salt
Step by step add powdered sugar till fully mixed. Skinny frosting as wanted by including milk, one tablespoon at a time, till easy and creamy.
4 cups powdered sugar, 1-3 Tablespoons milk
Measure out roughly half of the frosting right into a disposable piping bag and put aside.
Add cocoa powder to remaining half of frosting and stir till fully mixed. If wanted, skinny the frosting with extra milk.
½ cup pure cocoa powder
Switch chocolate frosting to a different piping bag. Snip the ends off each frosting baggage and place in an extra piping bag that’s been fitted with a big closed star piping tip (I exploit Ateco 848) collectively. Pipe swirled frosting onto cupcakes (observe that the primary bit you pipe will not be swirled however as each frostings work their approach by means of you’ll get a pleasant swirl!).
I like to recommend traditional creamy peanut butter for this recipe. Pure peanut butter received’t work as properly and can negatively alter the feel of each the cupcake and the frosting.
Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 48 hours or in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Serving: 1cupcake | Energy: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 34g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.