Panera Bread Baked Potato Soup is a superb creamy soup that can heat your soul. It’s stuffed with cream cheese, potato chunks, and bits of smoky bacon. You’ll quickly fall in love with this recipe.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Panera Bread Makes Scrumptious Baked Potato Soup
Panera Bread is thought for its great soups. Daily they serve up many various kinds of soup. Their Broccoli Cheddar soup is wonderful.
Their baked potato soup can be very good. For me, there’s nothing like an excellent old style bowl of potato soup. Are you ever searching for an excellent potato soup recipe? This can be the right one for you, too.
This soup recipe is ideal in case you are searching for a bowl of comforting soup, and even in case you are searching for a hearty lunch. You’ll take pleasure in it both method.
Why you must do this recipe
Who doesn’t love creamy potato soup? Positive, you should purchase their premade soup at your native grocery retailer, however the do-it-yourself model is so a lot better. This soup is a household favourite! We make this usually in the course of the cooler months, serve this with a salad, and you’ve got the right meal.
This recipe has quite common elements. Right here’s what it’s good to make Panera potato soup:
- Low-sodium hen inventory
- Rooster soup base
- White onion
- Contemporary garlic
- All-purpose flour
- Cream cheese
- Black pepper
- Bacon bits
When you have by no means used a hen base earlier than you will see that it an excellent ingredient for this recipe. Soup bases are bought in most grocery shops close to the bullion. Soup bases are pastes which have extra taste and fewer salt. They’re great to cook dinner with.
I additionally recommend you utilize a low-sodium inventory for this soup. It might get salty by the point we layer the inventory, the soup base, and the bacon.
I additionally like to make use of actual bacon bits for this recipe. I feel they work slightly bit higher than freshly cooked bacon. They’re leaner and the bacon is added to the soup. This helps the smokey taste incorporate higher within the soup than simply sprinkling bacon bits excessive.
The best way to Make Panera Baked Potato Soup
Listed below are the steps for making this copycat Panera potato soup recipe:
- In a medium-sized pot, add cubed potatoes, hen inventory, and soup base.
- Prepare dinner potatoes in inventory over medium warmth for about 12 to fifteen minutes or till potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- In a big pot, warmth butter over medium warmth till it melts.
- Add onions and garlic then sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over the butter and cook dinner for a minute or two.
- Add potato and hen inventory in 1 cup increments and stir till the soup combination is nicely blended.
- Add the cream cheese and stir till it has melted.
- Add salt, black pepper, chives, and bacon bits.
- Go to the recipe card of this weblog put up to get the precise quantities of the elements.
Whereas Panera Bread doesn’t do that, you might need to garnish your soup with some grated cheese, contemporary chives, bacon bits, and a dollop of bitter cream. This manner you may benefit from the creamy broth of this soup with a spoonful of goodness on this copycat model.
What to Serve with Baked Potato Soup
Need to flip a bowl of soup right into a meal? Listed below are some nice concepts:
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
- Earlier than storing, enable the soup to return to room temperature. It will assist stop the expansion of micro organism and the formation of extra moisture within the storage container.
- Switch the soup to hermetic containers. When you’re utilizing plastic containers, guarantee they’re BPA-free and appropriate for meals storage. Glass containers with hermetic lids are additionally a superb selection.
- Retailer the soup within the fridge in case you plan to eat it inside 4 days. Protecting the soup chilly will assist preserve its taste and forestall bacterial progress.
- If you wish to retailer the soup for a extra prolonged interval (as much as 3 months), you may freeze it. Divide the soup into portion-sized containers or use freezer luggage (guarantee all air is squeezed out earlier than sealing). Bear in mind to label every container or bag with the date and contents.
The best way to Reheat Potato Soup
- Microwave: Switch the soup to a microwave-safe bowl. Cowl with a microwave-safe lid or plate, leaving a small hole for steam to flee. Warmth on medium energy, stirring each 2 minutes, till the soup is heated by means of. This often takes about 4-5 minutes, relying on the amount and your microwave’s energy.
- Stovetop: Pour the soup right into a saucepan and warmth over medium-low warmth. Stir often to make sure even heating and forestall the soup from sticking to the underside. As soon as it begins simmering, scale back the warmth and let it simmer for a few minutes till it’s heated by means of.
- When reheating, if the soup seems too thick, you may add a splash of milk or broth to realize the specified consistency.
- At all times make sure the soup is heated totally earlier than serving. Use a meals thermometer if essential; the soup ought to attain a temperature of not less than 165°F.
- Keep away from repeatedly reheating the soup as this could degrade its taste and texture. Solely reheat the quantity you propose to eat.
Do you’re keen on Panera Bread soup? Try these copycat recipes!
Widespread Soup Recipes
Panera Bread Baked Potato Soup
Make Panera Bread Baked Potato soup at dwelling.
- 2 kilos potatoes scrubbed, peeled, and diced
- 4 cups low-sodium hen inventory
- 2 teaspoons hen soup base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits plus extra for garnish
- shredded cheese for garnish
- bitter cream for garnish
Place the potatoes, hen inventory, and soup base in a medium pot and cook dinner over medium warmth for about 12 to fifteen minutes, or till the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Soften the butter in a big pot over medium warmth. Add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions are translucent. Sprinkle the flour over the onions, stir, and cook dinner for a minute or two till aromatic.
Add the potatoes and hen inventory to the onions in 1-cup increments, stirring after every addition, till the soup is nicely blended.
Add the cream cheese and stir till it has melted. Add the salt, black pepper, chives, and bacon bits and blend nicely.
Serve garnished with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and bitter cream.
Energy: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 5.4mg