These mushy, thick, and chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with a sneaky secret ingredient for the BEST taste and texture. My recipe makes 24 giant cookies and might be made prematurely. Features a how-to video!
Chocolatey Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin CookiesPumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesThe WORST Chocolate Chip Cookie RecipeChocolate Chip Cookie BarsWhite Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal CookiesBrowned Butter & Hazelnut Chocolate Chip CookiesIced Oatmeal CookiesEggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure coverage.
Delicate, thick, and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are made with darkish brown sugar, a touch of maple syrup (belief me, it’s good!) and loads of semisweet chocolate chips!
Final Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are few issues that may’t be improved by the addition of chocolate. Whereas I have already got a reasonably unbelievable (in my humble opinion) recipe for oatmeal cookies, this house was sorely lacking a standalone oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Whereas, certain, you’ll be able to simply toss some chocolate chips into my basic recipe (and I embrace directions over there on how to take action), I felt this standalone recipe wanted a bit extra pizzaz, so I borrowed a important secret ingredient from my chocolate chip cookies. Are you able to guess what it’s?
Maple syrup! Only a few tablespoons improve the flavour and add to the chewiness of the cookies WITHOUT truly making them style like maple syrup. Everybody might be questioning what makes these cookies so good, however solely you’ll know 😉
Why use my recipe:
- Makes use of easy pantry staples.
- Strikes simply the proper stability between oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies.
- Makes giant cookies, similar to a bakery!
- Will be made prematurely.
- Tremendous mushy and chewy outcomes!
What You Want
A number of fastidiously chosen elements come collectively to make these oatmeal cookies:
- Butter. I exploit unsalted butter to have most management over the flavour of my cookies. You may learn extra about this in my salted vs unsalted butter publish.
- Sugar. Utilizing extra brown than granulated sugar makes for mega-soft and chewy cookies. I desire to make use of darkish brown sugar for the very best taste, however you’ll be able to substitute mild brown sugar when you don’t have darkish available.
- Maple syrup. When you don’t have maple syrup available, I counsel you make my basic oatmeal cookie recipe as an alternative and simply add chocolate chips (there are notes within the recipe on how to take action).
- Floor cinnamon. That is non-compulsory, however I really like the refined, festive depth of taste that it provides.
- Old school oats. Use quaint oats, not “fast” or prompt oats. Quaint oats offers you chewier and heartier cookies.
SAM’S TIP: I do know that some individuals are maple syrup purists, however I’ve made these oatmeal cookies with each pure maple syrup and with pancake syrup and both will work completely superb right here.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the publish!
The right way to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream the butter – Beat the butter till creamy, then add the sugars and blend properly.
- Add the flavorings – Stir within the eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Stir within the dry elements – Mix the dry elements in a separate bowl, then progressively add them to the moist elements.
- Add the mix-ins – Stir within the oats and chocolate chips till mixed.
- Cowl and chill – Cowl with plastic and chill for at the very least half-hour.
- Scoop and bake – Drop 2 tablespoon-sized scoops onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Get pleasure from! Let the cookies cool fully on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: By no means place cookie dough on a scorching cookie sheet! The dough will begin to soften earlier than the cookies even make it into the oven and your cookies will unfold way more than they’re imagined to.
Continuously Requested Questions
Completely! You may substitute an equal quantity of raisins for the chocolate chips, or you may make my oatmeal raisin cookies as an alternative.
Sure! When you’d wish to freeze earlier than baking, try my find out how to freeze cookie dough publish for directions. When you’d wish to freeze after baking, merely wrap properly and retailer in an hermetic container or ziploc bag for as much as 3 months.
The almost certainly purpose for exhausting, dry oatmeal cookies is over-baking or over-measuring your flour. Make sure that to take your cookies out of the oven when they’re nonetheless a bit underdone within the center; it will permit them to complete cooking outdoors the oven on their baking sheets for mushy and chewy outcomes!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! When you do this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Fb
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 24 giant cookies
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Place butter in giant bowl and beat with an electrical mixer (alternatively you should use a stand mixer) till creamy.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat till totally mixed.
1 cup darkish brown sugar, firmly packed, ½ cup sugar
Add eggs, vanilla extract, and maple syrup and stir till well-combined.
2 giant eggs, 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
1 ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
With mixer on low velocity, progressively add flour combination to the butter combination till elements are fully mixed.
Add oats and chocolate chips, stirring till totally mixed.
3 cups quaint rolled oats, 2 cups chocolate chips
Cowl bowl with plastic wrap and switch cookie dough to fridge. Chill for at the very least 30 minutes¹.
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and put together cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
As soon as dough has chilled, drop cookie dough by rounded 2 Tablespoon-sized scoops onto parchment paper, spacing cookies at the very least 2″ aside.
Bake on 350F (175C) for 12-13 minutes (edges ought to be barely browned, facilities should still be barely underbaked however should not be uncooked, they will bake fully as they cool).
Permit cookies to chill fully on cookie sheet earlier than having fun with.
¹Dough could also be chilled longer, as much as a number of days, simply remember the fact that if it sits longer than a number of hours it will likely be very agency and troublesome to scoop and might have to sit down at room temperature for quarter-hour or so to melt sufficient to scoop.
Serving: 1giant cookie | Energy: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
This recipe was initially printed 01/19/2018. Put up has been up to date to incorporate extra data, pictures, and an educational video on 09/18/2019.