Nobody does McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin as you may. Effectively-seasoned sausage, a wonderfully cooked egg, a slice of American cheese, and a freshly toasted English muffin make for one scrumptious breakfast. You may make these breakfast sandwiches at house for the entire household to take pleasure in. Create this copycat recipe for selfmade egg McMuffins this week!
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
McDonald’s Breakfast Sandwich
The Egg McMuffin is iconic. Immediately, the breakfast sandwich is simply as a lot of part of the American breakfast tradition as pancakes and western omelets, however it wasn’t all the time that method. It was solely in 1972 that McDonald’s launched its very first McMuffin to prospects on their new McDonald’s breakfast menu.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, McDonald’s perpetually modified the historical past of quick meals and late-night munchies by providing McMuffins all day (and evening) lengthy. Though now you can purchase a McMuffin anytime you need, this easy advert scrumptious McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin recipe is even higher than the unique!
Why it’s best to do this recipe
That is a straightforward recipe to make at house. This sandwich tastes so near the actual factor. You probably have by no means tried one, it’s a sausage patty, a fried egg, and melty cheese, served with a toasted English muffin. While you make this at house, you should use your individual sausage. You could possibly swap the kind of cheese for no matter you’ve readily available. It’s straightforward to recreate this recipe at house. The most effective elements of creating a copycat recipe is you could customise a dish the best way you need.
Right here’s what it is advisable make a sausage egg and cheese McMuffin:
- English Muffins
- Pork breakfast sausage
- American Cheese
Easy methods to Make McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin
- Divide sausage into 4 patties and press out patties pretty skinny.
- On all sides, cook dinner sausage patties over medium warmth in a frying pan or skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on medium-high warmth. Drain cooked sausage patties on paper towels.
- Cut up open English Muffins and toast them in a toaster.
- Unfold softened butter on each halves of toasted English muffins.
- Place a slice of cooked sausage on every English muffin backside.
- Add butter to the identical skillet the place you cooked the sausage.
- Place quart-sized canning lids screw dimension up (or egg rings) into the skillet.
- Spray the canning lids with non-stick spray.
- Crack an egg into every of the rings.
- Break the yolks with a fork.
- Pour water into the skillet and place a lid on high.
- Cook dinner till the eggs are set, about two minutes.
- Gently take away the eggs from the rings and place one egg on every bit of cooked sausage.
- Prime every egg with a slice of cheese, then the highest of the English muffin.
- Wrap every McMuffin with foil or parchment paper. Wait about 30 seconds earlier than serving.
Making McDonald’s Sausage McMuffin Your Personal
There aren’t any guidelines for what you may put between the 2 items of bread or English muffins, or biscuits. You get the image. The most effective issues about making a sausage McMuffin with egg at house is you could modify any a part of the sandwich you need. Listed below are just some recommendations, however there aren’t any limitations. Let your creativity and tastebuds information you in creating your model of this traditional:
- English Muffin: Something that may include the content material of the sandwich with out getting your fingers messy will work. Attempt utilizing a bagel, croissant, or biscuit. Or get slightly wild and experiment with making your individual McMuffin-style originals.
- Egg: Flip the egg right into a mini omelet by including precooked veggies to the partially cooked egg patty. Guarantee evenly distributing the veggies by ready till the underside of the egg units earlier than including them. For those who favor runny eggs, attempt frying them over straightforward as a substitute of steaming. Be happy to make use of egg whites quite than entire eggs.
- Cheese: Use any cheese you favor, but when your selection isn’t a softer cheese one, equivalent to American or Velveeta singles, take into account grating it finely to permit higher melting. Chilly-smoked cheese works exceptionally nicely with this recipe. Cheddar cheese is one other widespread selection.
- Sausage: Bulk breakfast sausage is superb, however preformed floor pork sausage patties are rather more handy. In fact, you may substitute hen or turkey sausage, Canadian bacon, or common bacon strips. Are you chopping again on meat? Use vegetarian sausage, a grilled portabello mushroom, or a slice of tomato. You don’t must make selfmade Mcdonald’s sausage to make this recipe, I feel that Owen’s model breakfast sausage does a superb job of getting the same taste.
Ideas For Cooking and Storing a Selfmade McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin
- Cooking for a crowd requires group. Set your oven to heat and place a baking tray inside to warmth up. Preserve the sandwich’s elements heat within the oven as you proceed cooking. Put together the components within the following order to forestall them from drying out within the oven: the meat, the eggs, and eventually, the English muffins.
- Freeze for as much as a month. Cook dinner the egg and sausage and toast the English muffin as normal. Let all of the elements cool utterly. Assemble the sandwich such as you all the time do, aside from utilizing unmelted cheese. Wrap every sandwich individually and retailer them within the freezer. Reheat individually by wrapping the sandwich in a paper towel and defrosting within the microwave at 50 p.c energy for 60 seconds. Then warmth at full energy for an additional minute extra. Wait about thirty seconds earlier than opening the microwave and serving.
What sort of sausage does McDonald’s use?
McDonald’s created its mix of sausage. I feel Jimmy Dean sausage model is an effective copy for his or her customized mix.
Is the sausage McMuffin dangerous for you?
The McDonald’s sausage egg McMuffin is just not the worst merchandise you may order for breakfast. It comprises over 450 energy and has over 28 grams of fats. A more healthy selection is the egg McMuffin, coming in at 300 energy and about 13 grams of fats. Ought to the sausage McMuffin be an on a regular basis breakfast? Maybe not, however it’s nice to take pleasure in one, from time to time.
I hope you give this recipe a attempt. It’s one in all McDonald’s hottest breakfast gadgets. You now know all the methods from one of many world’s hottest quick meals eating places to make one in all these sandwiches at house from scratch. So why not make just a few forward of time and seize them on the go once you want a quick breakfast sandwich?
Easy methods to retailer leftover Sausage McMuffins
- Refrigerate – wrap with plastic wrap and retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days in your fridge.
- Freeze – wrap with plastic wrap and retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months in your freezer.
Easy methods to reheat McMuffins
Reheat within the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on excessive. For greatest outcomes, I like to recommend thawing your sausage egg McMuffin earlier than microwaving.
Love McDonald’s? Attempt these favourite copycat recipes
Most Fashionable Breakfast Recipes
See all of our newest recipes by friending us on Fb!
McDonald’s Sausage Egg McMuffin
Recreate your individual Sausage Egg McMuffin at house.
- 4 tablespoons softened butter butter has divided makes use of
- 4 English muffins
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices American cheese
Divide sausage into 4 patties. Press out patties pretty skinny. Cook dinner sausage patties over medium warmth in a skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on all sides, drain on paper towels.
Cut up open English Muffins and place them right into a toaster, toast the English Muffins.
Take away the English muffins from the toaster and unfold softened butter on each halves.
Place the 1 slice of cooked sausage on every English muffin backside.
Add about 1 tablespoon of butter to the identical skillet the place you cooked the sausage.
Place the quart-sized canning lids screw facet up (or you should use an egg ring) into the skillet.
Spray the canning lid with non-stick spray. Crack an egg into every of the rings.
Break the yolk with a folks. Pour about 1/2 cup of water into the skillet, and place a lid on high. Cook dinner till the eggs are set, it ought to take about two minutes.
Gently take away the eggs from the rings, and place one egg on every bit of cooked sausage.
Prime every egg with one slice of American cheese, high cheese with the highest of the English muffin.
Wrap every egg McMuffin with foil or parchment paper. Wait about 30 seconds earlier than serving.
Energy: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 17g | Fats: 34g | Saturated Fats: 16g | Ldl cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1077mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 1mg