KFC Honey BBQ Wings are nice for an appetizer, dinner, or recreation day snack. Hen wings are breaded, deep fried, coated with honey barbecue sauce, and baked to perfection. They’re the last word wings for barbecue lovers!
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes These KFC Honey BBQ Wings So Good?
Hen wings have a fame for being spicy. However that isn’t true for these KFC BBQ Honey Wings. In case you are not a fan of scorching your tongue, you’ll undoubtedly need to dig right into a pile of those Kentucky fried hen wings to take pleasure in their candy style with only a wisp of smoky taste.
Serve them at your subsequent tailgate, or simply make a batch for dinner.
Why Ought to You Attempt This Recipe?
Have you ever fallen in love with these wings at your native KFC restaurant? Properly, I’ve some unhealthy information for you. They’re accessible for a restricted time solely! That could be disappointing, however when you grasp this KFC hen wings recipe, you may make them at house everytime you need!
Get pleasure from your favourite Honey BBQ Wings KFC type at house for a fraction of the price of shopping for them on the restaurant.
KFC Wings Recipe Components
To arrange the wings, you’ll want:
- Hen wings
- All-purpose flour
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Vegetable oil
To combine up the BBQ Honey sauce, you’ll want:
- Hickory smoke BBQ sauce, Heinz model advisable
- Liquid smoke
To prep the wings:
- Use a pointy, heavy knife or poultry shears to interrupt the hen wings into drumettes and wingettes. Take away and discard the wing ideas or freeze them for inventory.
- Arrange a breading station for the wings with two broad, shallow bowls and a wire rack over a baking tray in a row.
- Use a fork to combine the flour, salt, and freshly floor black pepper within the first bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk into the second bowl.
- To bread the hen wings, coat hen wings one by one within the flour combination after which dunk them within the buttermilk. Give them an additional coating of the flour combination and put them on the wire rack.
- Upon getting breaded all of the hen wings, place the uncovered baking tray within the fridge for about an hour. Resting the wings will assist the breading keep on with the hen whereas frying.
To make the honey BBQ wing sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium warmth, whisk collectively the BBQ sauce, water, honey, ketchup, and liquid smoke.
- Deliver the honey BBQ sauce combination to a simmer whereas stirring, after which instantly cut back the warmth to low. Cook dinner the sauce whereas stirring every so often for about 20 minutes or till it thickens up.
- Take away the saucepan from the warmth, cowl it, and reserve the sauce for later.
To fry the hen.
- Fill a heavy-bottomed pot with no less than 4 inches of vegetable oil. If in case you have a deep-fryer, it should make frying a lot simpler.
- Connect a deep-fat thermometer to the aspect of the pot and warmth the oil over medium-high warmth to 375°F.
- Fastidiously add a couple of third of the hen wings to the new oil. Make sure the oil temperature stays about 375°F and fry the wings till golden brown, about 12 to fifteen minutes.
- Use a kitchen spider to take away the wings from the oil and place them on the wire rack to empty.
- Repeat with the remaining wings.
- You’ll be able to cool the hen wings on the wire rack and retailer the fried wings and Honey BBQ sauce in separate hermetic containers within the fridge for up three days or end the wings within the oven instantly.
To complete the wings within the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Evenly grease a baking tray.
- Dunk the wings within the Honey BBQ sauce and unfold them out on the ready baking tray.
- Bake the till the wings are sizzling and the sauce browns barely.
- Serve sizzling.
What to Serve Them With?
Ranch or blue cheese dressing are nice choices for dipping. However to show these wings right into a full meal, serve the wings with a aspect of french fries, onion rings, or fried pickles.
How one can Retailer Them
Throw away any additional KFC wings which were sitting out for some time, however you possibly can hold these you haven’t served in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days.
What Is the Greatest Technique to Reheat KFC Honey BBQ Wings?
To reheat the hen wings within the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Evenly grease a baking tray.
- Unfold out the hen wing on the tray.
- Let the hen wings come as much as room temperature whereas the oven preheats.
- Drizzle a little bit water on high of the hen wings earlier than placing them within the oven. The water will flip to steam and stop the hen wings from drying out.
- Bake the hen wings for six minutes after which flip the wings and cook dinner till sizzling, about 5 to 6 extra minutes.
Extra KFC Copycat Recipes
Favourite Hen Wing Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple appetizer recipes and the very best copycat quick meals recipes on CopyKat!
KFC Honey BBQ Wings
You may make KFC Honey BBQ hen wings at house with this simple copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 2 kilos hen wings
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon recent floor black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil for frying
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup hickory smoke BBQ sauce Heinz
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Preheat oven to 350°F. Evenly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Lower the hen wings to separate the drumette and wingette by reducing by the joint part between the 2 elements.
Warmth the oil in a deep fryer or a big, heavy backside pan to 375°F.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl and put aside.
Place buttermilk in a separate bowl.
Dip hen wing items in flour then in buttermilk after which once more in flour.
Place the breaded wings within the sizzling oil; the temperature of the oil needs to be 375. Do that in batches so that you by no means overcrowd hen. Fry till calmly golden brown. This could take about quarter-hour.
Place hickory smoke BBQ sauce, water, honey, ketchup, and liquid smoke in a small saucepan, combine totally, and simmer on low warmth for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Let the sauce cool barely, then dip one fried wing within the sauce at a time, and place it on the ready baking sheet.
Bake the BBQ coated wings for 10 minutes. This can give the sauce an opportunity to caramelize and thicken.
Energy: 875kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 33g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 8g | Monounsaturated Fats: 15g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1510mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 461IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 6mg