This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Elevate your hen breast dinner with this easy and stylish Hen Pan Sauce. Made with easy components you have already got in your kitchen, this sauce takes simply 20 minutes to make and can please even the pickiest palates! It’s flavorful, juicy, and essential in your recipe guide.
We’ve all been there. It’s one other chicken-for-dinner form of day and even we’re feeling uninspired. The excellent news is, I’m a mother who’s been cooking for teenagers for a very long time, so I’ve bought an enormous assortment of fast and simple hen dinner concepts. This hen pan sauce is a superb one to start out with as a result of it’s SO straightforward and scrumptious. Should you’re nonetheless on the lookout for concepts, do that Honey Butter Baked Hen, this tremendous Straightforward Butter Hen, and this flavorful Grilled Teriyaki Hen.
Hen in a Pan Sauce
Oh hen breast. You recognize, that flavorless typically dry piece of hen that nobody is admittedly THAT excited to see on the plate. Take that hen breast and switch it into a young, juicy, flavorful dinner with a hen pan sauce! I’m critical, it CAN be performed. I simply did it final week with this recipe and I promise, your loved ones goes to like it simply as a lot as mine did. Why? As a result of it’s foolproof. It’s a easy sauce of olive oil, butter, garlic, shallot, and hen broth. Add in just a few seasonings, and there’s nothing on this sauce that choosy eaters gained’t like, and the whole lot to like!
We make hen lots at our home. Feeding a household isn’t low-cost as of late and hen will get the bellies full on a finances. I’ve discovered a number of methods to decorate up hen as a result of it will get bland and boring with out a little effort. That’s why I like this hen pan sauce as a result of after I’m not feeling artistic, this pan sauce is flavorful and filling with out a bunch of additional components. Serve this hen with some on the spot pot rice, some fast air fryer frozen broccoli, or an air fryer vegetable combine for a effectively rounded and critically easy dinner.
I like how easy the components are for this hen pan sauce. You almost certainly have all of those components available already. It is a hen dish that’s completely flavorful whereas nonetheless very easy to prepare dinner. You don’t should have any chef abilities to prepare dinner this hen to perfection. Everybody will probably be asking you in your recipe! This sauce can also be wonderful with steak, pork chops, or actually any protein. You will discover the measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has a very delicate taste and it’s a wholesome oil to prepare dinner your hen in.
- Hen Breast: You’ll pound your hen breast with a mallet till it’s a couple of half inch thick. You’ll sear the hen first to get a layer of taste on the underside of the pan.
- Salt and Pepper: I used Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper to season the hen.
- Italian Seasoning: I make my very own home made mix as a result of the flavors are a lot extra recent and there’s no added salt in my combine.
- Shallot: Shallot is a bit more candy and has a extra delicate taste than onion. I actually like to make use of it on this dish, however you can use an onion as a substitute.
- Garlic: Garlic is good and savory and so filled with taste. It actually ramps up the flavour on this sauce.
- Butter: I simply suppose butter makes the whole lot higher! Butter has fat that basically assist to deliver this sauce collectively.
- Hen Broth or White Wine: I exploit hen broth as a result of I not often have white wine available, however both is a superb choice! They each have their advantages, so you’ll be able to attempt them each out to see which one you want higher.
Hen with Pan Sauce
This hen pan sauce is a straightforward recipe that critically took me 20 minutes from begin to end. I simply ensure to get all of my components out and able to go, and when you begin cooking all of it comes collectively so quick. To not point out how wonderful my home smelled whereas it was cooking! My household ended up within the kitchen asking what was for dinner, and critically loved this meal.
- Pound Hen and Season: Pound the hen breasts to ½ inch thickness utilizing a kitchen mallet if they’re too thick. Season either side of the breasts with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add Oil to Pan: Add the olive oil to a big skillet and warmth over medium-high warmth.
- Sear Hen: Add the seasoned hen to the pan to sear after which prepare dinner for about 5 minutes on all sides. The hen ought to now not be pink and golden on the skin.
- Set Hen Apart: Take away the cooked hen from the pan and put aside.
- Make Sauce: To make the hen pan sauce flip the warmth right down to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Then add the diced onion and garlic and saute for two minutes or till tender.
- Add Liquid: Pour the broth or white wine and deglaze the pan. Stir or whisk to get all of the flavors from the pan into the sauce. Simmer to cut back the sauce to barely thicken. Add extra liquid and proceed to cut back in order for you extra sauce.
- Whisk: Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter so as to add richness. Whisk within the remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Season: Season to style with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. You possibly can add extra taste utilizing different dried herbs for those who want.
Suggestions for Making Hen Pan Sauce
Hen pan sauce is so easy to make, you is perhaps on the lookout for tips about find out how to change it up! Every time you make it you’ll be able to attempt new components so as to add layers to your recipe. Listed below are some concepts that I’ve tried and cherished.
- Change It Up: Use hen broth one time, and take a look at white wine one other! They each add completely different flavors and are scrumptious in their very own manner. You possibly can maintain switching backwards and forwards to maintain the dish attention-grabbing for you and your loved ones.
- Add Greens: You possibly can prepare dinner veggies within the pan when you find yourself making the sauce for further vitamins. Add mushrooms or greens for an additional increase of taste and to make the meal extra filling.
- Add Acid: I like slightly acid in my pan sauce. Utilizing recent lemon juice or some Dijon mustard can actually take this dish to the subsequent degree. It brightens up the sauce and offers it a complete new taste.
- Recent Herbs: You possibly can high your hen with recent herbs so as to add some further taste on the finish. Parsley and thyme are nice choices!
You will love your hen pan sauce leftovers. I truly suppose it tastes even higher the subsequent day! Right here is find out how to retailer your leftovers.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer your leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Pound the hen breasts to ½ inch thickness utilizing a kitchen mallet if they’re too thick. Season either side of the breasts with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add the olive oil to a big skillet and warmth over medium-high warmth.
Add the seasoned hen to the pan to sear and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes on all sides. The hen ought to now not be pink and golden on the skin.
Take away the cooked hen from the pan and put aside.
To make the hen pan sauce flip the warmth right down to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add the diced onion and garlic and saute for two minutes or till tender.
Add the broth or white wine and deglaze the pan. Stir or whisk to get all of the flavors from the pan into the sauce. Scale back the sauce to barely thicken. Add extra liquid and proceed to cut back in order for you extra sauce.
Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter so as to add richness. Whisk within the remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Season to style with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. You possibly can add extra taste utilizing different dried herbs for those who want.
Energy390kcal (20%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein49g (98%)Fats19g (29%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats8gTrans Fats0.3gLdl cholesterol162mg (54%)Sodium637mg (27%)Potassium922mg (26%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A262IU (5%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium39mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.