Ginataang Mais is a candy snack excellent for any time of the day –– morning, midday, or evening. I particularly love ginataang mais with malagkit, or sticky rice, which makes this dish much more filling and flavorful. This Ginataang Mais at Malagkit is one thing you’ll be able to get pleasure from by your self or within the firm of your family members. Relying on the place you might be from within the nation, it may take up many alternative names, from lugaw na mais or lelot mais. Ginataang Mais at Malagkit is fast and straightforward to make, solely taking about half-hour of total cook dinner and prep time.
Candy corn by itself is, because the identify suggests, extremely candy. However mixed with the distinctive style of coconut milk and cream, it actually brings out an unforgettable layer of taste. And paired with the tender and plump sticky rice, the sweetness is well balanced out.
The recipe I’m utilizing requires one cup of candy corn that ought to be chopped into small items. You possibly can select to make use of recent candy corn on your ginataang mais. However if you happen to don’t have the time to organize your corn, you’ll be able to all the time purchase it from the grocery. Ginataang Mais at Malagkit can also be a really adaptable recipe. I are inclined to let my combination cook dinner for about 8 minutes, however you’ll be able to wait longer or shorter relying on the consistency you favor. It’s also possible to add extra coconut milk or water if you happen to’re afraid of your porridge drying up.
Candy corn, coconut milk, and malagkit are not any strangers to one another by way of the recipes yow will discover them in. Other than Ginataang Mais, listed here are another recipes that additionally make use of the identical or comparable substances:
- A well-liked variant of Ginataang Mais at Malagkit is Ginataang Mais at Monggo. I like having Ginataang Mais as a lot as I get pleasure from Ginataang Monggo. Because of this I believed to mix the dishes, giving me the very best of each worlds. Whereas I wasn’t fairly positive how it could end up, the mix of corn and monggo in coconut milk was heavenly. I undoubtedly suggest this dish, particularly if you happen to’re a fan of each merienda.
- One other candy deal with you would possibly get pleasure from is that this Creamy Mais Maja Blanca! This can be a traditional, creamier spin on the traditional coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch dish. Thick, candy, and wealthy, this Creamy Mais Maja Blanca makes for a fantastic merienda and even dessert. It’s a quite simple recipe to make, solely taking some 20 minutes to excellent, and topped with latik it makes for the proper chew.
- Whereas Bibingkang Malagkit doesn’t comprise candy corn, its mixture of malagkit, coconut cream, and coconut milk makes it mouthwatering in its personal approach. A spin on the traditional kakanin dish, bibingkang malagkit feels extra like a modified biko than it does its namesake. However its thick and chewy texture makes it pleasant, regardless –– and also you don’t even want a clay pot or bibingka oven to cook dinner it!
Ginataang Mais at Malagkit is a positive winner at any family –– the proper do-it-yourself deal with for you and your family members. Do this superior Ginataang Mais at Malagkit at the moment!
Find out how to Make Ginataang Mais at Malagkit
Pour two cups every of coconut milk and coconut cream right into a cooking pot and produce it to a boil. Afterwards, add in half a cup of glutinous rice (or malagkit) and stir for 10 minutes. Pour in your sugar (½ to ¾ cup, relying on how candy you need it to be) and stir that into the combination as nicely.
Afterwards, put in 1 cup of candy corn. This ought to be chopped beforehand, so it’ll be simpler to cook dinner within the pot! Stir your candy corn, sticky rice, and coconut combination collectively on low warmth for about 8 minutes. It’s also possible to cook dinner this longer, relying on how tender and tender you need your Ginataang Mais to end up.
Pour in a single teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir it collectively. The aromatic vanilla mixing in with the scent of candy corn and coconut milk makes this dish completely mouthwatering! When you’ve lastly completed incorporating all of the substances nicely, and getting the consistency you need, it’s time to serve your Ginataang Mais at Malagkit.
Switch your Ginataang Mais to a serving bowl. Take pleasure in it heat or chilled, relying on how you want your ginataang mais. Personally, I prefer it heat as a snack and chilled as a dessert, alongside a scrumptious cup of espresso. Don’t overlook to share it with the remainder of your loved ones!
Take pleasure in! Tell us what you consider this Ginataang Mais at Malagkit!
Ginatang Mais at Munggo is an efficient variation of this dish. I recommend that you simply attempt it too.
Do this Ginataang Mais at Malagkit Recipe. Let me know what you suppose.
Ginataang Mais at Malagkit (Candy Corn and Glutinous Rice in Coconut Milk)
This can be a recipe for Candy Corn and Glutinous Rice in Coconut Milk.
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice malagkit
- 1 cup candy corn chopped
- 1/2 to three/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Pour coconut milk and coconut cream in a cooking pot. Let it boil.
As soon as it begins to boil, add glutinous rice. Stir continously for 10 minutes.
Add sugar. Stir.
Add sweetcorn into the pot. Stir and proceed to cook dinner in low warmth for 8 minutes. Be aware you’ll be able to cook dinner this longer to make the corn and rice softer.
Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir.
Switch to a serving bowl. Serve
Share and luxuriate in!
- Ensure that the rice and corn are cooked correctly and tender earlier than continuing to the following step.
- You possibly can add extra coconut milk or water if the liquid is about to dry-up whereas rice or corn wants extra time to cook dinner.
Serving: 4g | Energy: 840kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 67g | Saturated Fats: 58g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 7mg