Breakfast for dessert anybody? Sure, please. These Fruity Pebbles cookies deliver the flavour and crunch of a much-loved breakfast cereal right into a cookie. Smooth, chewy Fruity Pebbles infused cookies are dipped in a lightweight glaze and coated in additional Fruity Pebbles to make a colourful dessert that may have you ever coming again for seconds and thirds. Eat your means over a rainbow this Saint Patrick’s Day.
I really like breakfast cereal. It is probably not the healthiest method to begin the morning, nevertheless it positive does put a smile on my face and remind me of childhood. And whereas I could not eat it for breakfast anymore, I nonetheless benefit from the taste, so why not add it to a cookie? Plus, the brilliant rainbow colours make them a enjoyable addition for St. Patrick’s Day!
I integrated Fruity Pebbles crumbs into considered one of my fundamental cookie dough recipes. The end result was a delightfully smooth and chewy cookie filled with Fruity Pebbles taste. Honesty, the cookies alone have been scrumptious sufficient. I took it two steps additional, nonetheless, and dipped them in a lightweight glaze earlier than coating them in dry Fruity Pebbles. The breakfast cereal adhered fantastically to the cookies, giving them a scrumptious, flavorful crunch.
These dreamy, crunchy, rainbow cookies are so enjoyable to make and much more enjoyable to eat. Listed below are a few of my favourite issues about them.
- Whimsicle. I don’t learn about you, however colourful, sugary breakfast cereal sends my reminiscence straight again to the playful, magical days of childhood.
- Texture. A smooth, chewy cookie gives the right juxtaposition to the crunchy cereal coating. Not a boring second right here.
- Interactive. This recipe is enjoyable, partially, as a result of it has a number of elements. The cookie, the glaze, and the cereal coating. They’re an journey to create.
- Taste. These have a lot Fruity Pebble taste. Even with out the crunchy cereal on the surface, you’ve got a chewy cookie loaded with taste.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a listing of all the elements you will want to make these Fruity Pebbles cookies. You may have already got most of them in your kitchen! Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe beneath for extra particulars.
Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- Fruity pebbles
- All-purpose flour – or your favourite 1:1 gluten-free flour
- Baking soda – for a smooth and chewy texture.
- Salt – for taste.
- Unsalted butter – unsalted is greatest and must be at room temperature.
- Sugar – sugar provides each sweetness and moisture to baked items.
- Egg – use giant eggs, not medium or additional giant.
- Egg yolk – The additional egg yolk on this recipe brings slightly bit of additional moister and chewiness to the cookie. Learn up on how eggs have an effect on cookies if you’re excited about studying extra!
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Milk – I don’t suggest heavy cream on this occasion. It’s a lot thicker and creates a glaze that’s too thick.
- Fruity pebbles
This recipe is so enjoyable and interactive. You’ll definitely have a blast within the kitchen. Here’s a fundamental rundown on how one can make these rainbow cookies. Scroll to the recipe beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Crumble the Fruity Pebbles. Pulse Fruity Pebbles in a meals processor.
- Mix the dry elements. Combine collectively the Fruity Pebbles crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt
- Cream. Cream collectively the butter and sugar within the bowl of a standup mixer on medium velocity till gentle and fluffy.
- Incorporate the eggs and vanilla. Add the egg and egg yolk and blend to mix. Do the identical with the vanilla.
- Combine in dry elements. Add the dry elements and mix. Don’t over-mix.
- Kind dough balls. Purpose for 8 evenly-sized dough balls.
- Bake. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat for 10-Quarter-hour at 350 levels F.
- Cool. Enable the cookies to chill on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- Glaze and end with Fruity Pebbles. Whisk collectively the milk and powdered sugar in a single bowl and add the Fruity Pebbles to a different. Dip every cookie within the glaze after which within the bowl of Fruity Pebbles.
Suggestions for Success
These cookies may look fancy, however they’re actually fairly easy to make…only a cookie with a few additional steps. You are able to do it! As all the time I’ve some ideas and tips that will help you succeed.
- Room temperature butter. As with every cookie, you will need to begin with room-temperature butter. It’s going to incorporate extra air than melted butter will, supplying you with a fluffier, lighter dough.
- Don’t overmix. Overmixing cookie dough will trigger the glutens within the flour to develop, ending you with a harder, extra dense cookie. So, after including the dry elements, combine simply sufficient to include.
- Milk, not heavy cream. When making the glaze, keep away from the temptation to make use of heavy cream or half and half. Each of those choices will go away you with a glaze that’s far too thick for this explicit function.
After glazing and coating the cookies in Fruity Pebbles, seal them in an hermetic container and retailer at room temperature for as much as 3 days. The Fruity Pebbles topping will soften as time goes by, so it’s best to take pleasure in these goodies sooner fairly than later. You could possibly additionally take pleasure in these cookies with out the additional fruity pebbles on the surface, or just retailer them that means after which add the additional fruity pebbles earlier than serving so they keep their crunch.
Can I Freeze Them?
You possibly can! Form of. The Fruity Pebble coating will lose its crunch within the freezer, so I counsel utilizing one of many following strategies.
- Freeze the cookie dough. After forming dough balls, organize them in an hermetic container (with parchment paper between layers) and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. When you’re able to take pleasure in, enable the dough to thaw within the fridge earlier than baking and finishing the recipe as you usually would.
- Freeze the unglazed cookies. After baking the cookies, enable them to chill utterly and, as a substitute of glazing, place them in an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. When you’re able to indulge, enable the cookies to thaw at room temperature earlier than glazing and coating in Fruity Pebbles.
These vivid, colourful, Fruity Pebbles infused cookies are good for Saint Patric’s Day. Chewy cookie, crunchy topping? Yum!
Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups fruity pebbles
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp (276) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 giant egg
- 1 giant egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp milk (not heavy cream)
- 2 cups fruity pebbles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Put aside.
- Add the fruity pebbles to a meals processor and crush into crumbs. You wish to find yourself with 1 cup of crumbs.
- Mix the fruity pebbles crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and put aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar collectively in a big mixer bowl on medium velocity till gentle in shade and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. It’s best to have the ability to see the change in shade occur and comprehend it’s prepared.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and blend till nicely mixed.
- Add the vanilla extract and blend till nicely mixed.
- Add the dry elements and blend till the dough is nicely mixed. It will likely be thick. Don’t over combine. As soon as it’s mixed, use a rubber spatula to assist it come collectively to type a extra cohesive ball. Put aside.
- Divide the cookie dough into 8 even balls of about 5-6 tablespoons (about 105g) of cookie dough per ball.
- Bake the cookies for 10-Quarter-hour or till the cookies are now not shiny and are nearly to brown on the sides.
- Enable the cookies to chill for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to chill utterly.
- So as to add the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Add the fruity pebbles to a different small bowl.
- Working with one cookie at a time, dip every cookie into the glaze and let the surplus drip off, then press the cookie into the fruity pebbles. Set cookies apart to dry, then serve.
- These cookies will preserve nicely for 2-3 days. Needless to say the fruity pebbles on the surface of the cookie will soften over time from the moisture within the cookie. If you would like them to stay crisp, it’s greatest to serve the cookies shortly after including the fruity pebbles.
Key phrases: rainbow cookies, fruity pebbles treats, cereal cookies