Meringue cookies are gentle, ethereal cookies made with solely 4 substances! These egg white cookies will soften in your mouth and tantalize your candy tooth!
This simple meringue cookie recipe will develop into certainly one of your favorites. Make a batch at any time when you’ve gotten leftover egg whites! I’ll information you thru the method so your first try will probably be good!!
Why You Ought to Make
- This meringue cookie recipe will be jazzed up with meals coloring and flavorings, however these are probably the most primary, easy meringue cookies.
- Solely 4 substances and some steps and these gems will probably be able to eat!
- Recognizing this elegant Strawberry Meringues Recipe from Pint Sized Baker jogged my memory that an bizarre meringue cookie recipe will be the bottom for a tremendous dessert in addition to delicious egg white cookies!
- Egg Whites – be sure they’re at room temperature
- Cream of Tartar – the acid helps stabilize the egg whites. PRO-Tip: Use twice as a lot white vinegar or lemon juice instead should you don’t have any cream of tartar.
- Pinch of Salt – salt is essential to boost the flavour of desserts
- Superfine Sugar – superfine sugar is most well-liked because it dissolves into the egg whites a bit simpler, however I’ve had success quite a few occasions with common, granulated sugar. In case your market carries Domino sugar, you will discover their superfine sugar within the baking aisle. You can too make your individual by processing sugar within the meals processor for 30 seconds (however there’s some analysis that claims making your individual won’t end in the identical high quality as bought superfine sugar).
A Versatile Straightforward Meringue Cookies Recipe
These meringue cookies will probably be included into a wonderful Strawberry Eton Mess dessert to be revealed on Sunday, so I didn’t add any vanilla to maintain them a gorgeous, pure white colour. However simply consider all of the choices with these egg white cookies: inexperienced for St. Patrick’s Day, pink with peppermint extract for Valentine’s Day, pastel colours for Easter! A enjoyable cookie any time of the yr!
I’ve been making meringue since I used to be a teen. Lemon meringue pie was certainly one of my specialties, and my household was courageous sufficient to eat it! I’m not sure I knew all of the methods for making one of the best meringues in these days, however I’ve discovered just a few ideas alongside the way in which. Use these pointers on your personal easy meringue cookies in addition to to prime cream pies, make pavlova, and extra!
- Room temperature egg whites will give your meringue cookies extra quantity and assist the sugar dissolve extra simply.
- Ensure that to whip the egg whites to mushy peaks earlier than including any sugar.
- Superfine sugar (affiliate hyperlink) will dissolve extra simply than common granulated sugar.
- My mother taught me to rub a few of the whipped meringue between my fingers to really feel for sugar granules. You might really feel just a few, however most must be dissolved for one of the best outcomes.
- For good meringues, add the sugar slowly. Don’t rush the method. Add one tablespoon at a time and provides it a minute or so earlier than including extra.
- PRO-Tip: Ensure that your mixing bowl and beater are scrupulously clear. Any speck of oil (this consists of any egg yolk) will forestall the whites from turning into white and billowy.
- So that you just don’t get any egg yolks in your whites when separating your eggs, be sure to crack them on a flat floor (not the sting of your bowl) and separate them whereas chilly (proper out of the fridge).
- It’s additionally clever to not separate them over a bowl of egg whites as that just about at all times ensures that just a little yolk will contaminate the opposite whites and also you’ll have to start out over!
- To maintain your egg white cookies a pristine white, not even a splash of vanilla was added, however be happy to incorporate just a little if that’s your desire. Vanilla meringue cookies are additionally great to eat on their very own or use in a recipe!
- Cooled Vanilla Meringue Cookies will be saved 2 weeks or longer in an hermetic container at room temperature and longer in the event that they’re within the freezer.
The way to Make
- Whip egg whites till foamy.
- Proceed beating whites till mushy peaks kind, then slowly add sugar and beat to kind stiff peaks.
- Pipe or drop meringue onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake as directed.
Use your easy meringue cookies to make this layered Strawberry Eton Mess, made with crushed meringues, whipped cream, and berries.
What to Make with Leftover Egg Yolks:
You possibly can at all times add some additional yolks to an enormous batch of Sunday morning scrambled eggs, however listed here are some extra egg yolk recipe concepts for you. Any creme brulee recipe will work like my Basic Creme Brulee which makes use of 7 egg yolks or my White Chocolate Creme Brulee which makes use of 4 yolks. Irish Cream Pots de Creme makes use of 6 egg yolks. You’ll be set with two marvelous desserts should you make these easy meringue cookies, then a wealthy dessert made with the leftover yolks!
Incessantly Requested Questions
The purpose is to maintain your cooled and baked meringue cookies away from humidity. They need to be packed in hermetic containers and will be saved at room temperature, within the fridge, or within the freezer.
When saved in a cool dry place, meringue cookies keep recent for as much as 2 weeks. If frozen, they’ll final a few months.
Meringue will be very finicky. The commonest cause for meringue failure is getting oil or grease into the egg white combination. This may be from just a little grease within the mixing bowl or beater or perhaps a small speck of egg yolk contaminating the egg whites.
Plus, earlier than starting so as to add the sugar, the egg whites must be crushed till simply foamy. Overbeating the egg whites till they give the impression of being dry also can trigger a meringue failure.
You Could Additionally Like:
Listed below are some extra recipes for what to do with additional egg whites. Plus, another favourite desserts.
There are solely 4 substances in these easy meringues! They’re actually tremendous simple to place collectively and can deliciously thrill your palate. I don’t add vanilla as it’ll make these cookies lower than pure white, but when that doesn’t hassle you, add 1 / 4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. Different flavorings will work, too.
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar, superfine most well-liked, however not vital
- Preheat oven to 225º Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites right into a mixing bowl and beat till frothy. Add the cream of tartar, and the pinch of salt, and beat till mushy peaks kind.
- With the mixer working, slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time till sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks kind.
- Pipe or scoop tablespoons of the meringue onto the ready baking sheet, spacing roughly 2 inches aside.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then flip the oven off.
- With out opening the door, let the meringues stand within the oven for 1 hour (so the entire time within the oven is 1 hour and 45 minutes however it’s solely turned on for the primary 45 minutes).
Egg whites won’t whip correctly if any grease is on the beaters or the bowl. or if any egg yolk has contaminated the whites.
As soon as your meringues have cooled to room temperature, retailer them in an hermetic container.
Yield varies relying on the scale of your meringue cookies.
Notice: Meringues bake greatest on a dry day. Keep away from baking on a damp day because the meringues can take up the moisture from the air and develop into mushy and/or sticky.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 35Complete Fats: 0gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g