This Dorito casserole recipe is made with layers of Doritos, floor beef, cheese, black beans, and corn and is filled with taco taste! It’s a simple casserole that everybody will love!
Straightforward Dorito Taco Casserole Recipe
I’m a giant fan of simple, crowd-pleasing casseroles. This layered Dorito casserole matches the invoice. You’ll solely want quarter-hour of prep and a while within the oven earlier than you might be able to serve the gang a scrumptious taco-reminiscent entree that can preserve them coming again for seconds.
Consuming this Doritio casserole actually is like consuming tacos out of a pan. The Doritos give a taco-like crunch, and the taco-seasoned meat combination supplies the right punch of taste with simply the correct quantity of moisture. The chips get delicate sufficient to chew into with out problem however not so delicate that they turn into soggy. The addition of black beans and corn spherical out this consolation meals masterpiece with a little bit of freshness. You need to attempt it.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a listing of what you’ll need to make this flavor-packed, layered Dorito casserole. Don’t neglect to scroll to the recipe card beneath for measurements.
- Floor beef – I like 80/20 beef however be happy to make use of a leaner product in the event you’d like. You may additionally simply sub in floor pork, rooster, or turkey in the event you aren’t a beef eater.
- Yellow onion
- Low sodium taco seasoning
- Water – For the taco seasoning.
- Chunky salsa – Choose gentle, medium, or spicy salsa relying in your spice tolerance.
- Bitter cream
- Cheese soup or cheese dip – I like Tostitos Dip however be happy to make your personal or use a distinct product. Campbells cheese soup would additionally work nicely.
- Black beans – You need to use pinto beans right here as an alternative in the event you’d like.
- Corn – Canned or frozen corn will do exactly tremendous. If you’re utilizing canned corn, be certain to empty it earlier than including it to the combination.
- Nacho cheese Doritos – That is my favourite, however you might use a distinct Dorito. I believe the cool Ranch taste would do nicely.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Feeling spicy? Attempt pepper jack as an alternative.
How one can Make a Dorito Casserole
In only a few easy steps you should have your self a Dorito taco casserole that can preserve the entire household coming again for seconds. Right here’s a fast overview of tips on how to make it. Make sure that to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown the meat. In a big pan over medium-high warmth, warmth a little bit of olive oil, add the onions, and saute till translucent. Add the meat and cook dinner till browned. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, and salsa and stir. Cook dinner till thickened. Take away from the warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans, and corn and stir to mix. Simmer for five minutes.
- Assemble. Unfold 1 1/2 cups crushed Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish adopted by ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. Prime with 1-1 ½ cups Doritos and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake lined for 15-20 minutes. Bake uncovered for an extra 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
This Dorito casserole is splendidly simple to throw collectively. As with every recipe, nonetheless, I’ve a few ideas and methods that can allow you to obtain the tastiest end result attainable. I even threw in just a few enjoyable variations to attempt to make this casserole your personal.
- Drain the grease. After browning the meat with the onions, it’s essential to empty the grease from the pan in any other case you’ll find yourself with a soggy, oily casserole.
- Don’t over-crush the Doritos. Earlier than assembling the casserole, you wish to crush the Doritos a bit however not an excessive amount of. If they’re crushed to too tremendous a consistency, the casserole will lose its crunch.
- Play with spice. I like this recipe as a result of you possibly can regulate it to any spice tolerance degree. Love spice? Use spicy salsa. Not a lot? Attempt a gentle salsa. Not a purple salsa fan? Attempt salsa verde as an alternative.
- Use a distinct protein. You’ll be able to simply use floor pork, turkey, or rooster as an alternative of floor beef. Vegetarian? Attempt Past Beef or Unattainable Meat. You may even attempt to go away the meat out altogether and use veggies as an alternative. I counsel bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Attempt a distinct cheese. Cheddar cheese actually hits the spot for me, however that doesn’t imply you possibly can’t play with different choices. Pepper jack could be a fantastic choose in the event you’re searching for somewhat pop of spice. You may even add a little bit of crumbled blue cheese to the combination in the event you’d like.
- Play with totally different Dorito flavors. There have been over 100 flavors for the reason that authentic Dorito got here on the chip scene. Attempt experimenting and uncover which is your favourite addition to this casserole.
Can You Put together This Taco Casserole in Advance?
Sure and no. I counsel in opposition to assembling and baking the casserole until you intend on consuming it inside a number of hours. The chips will get soggy as they sit. You’ll be able to, nonetheless, make the filling prematurely, seal it in an hermetic container, and retailer it within the fridge till you might be able to assemble and bake. You are able to do this as much as 3 days prematurely.
What to Serve with Layered Dorito Casserole
This Dorito casserole is totally scrumptious as is but it surely definitely advantages from the addition of a aspect dish or two to spherical it out. I even take pleasure in it with a cocktail each every now and then. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to serve this simple Dorito casserole.
How one can Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
If you end up with leftovers, enable the casserole to chill utterly. Cowl the casserole dish tightly with saran wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Retailer the casserole within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Word that the chips will get soggy over time, so it’s best to take pleasure in this layered Dorito casserole sooner somewhat than later.
Extra Straightforward Casserole Recipes
Casseroles are a good way to feed a crowd with minimal effort. I like this Dorito casserole however in the event you’re searching for one thing totally different, attempt certainly one of these simple casserole recipes as an alternative.
Prep Time: quarter-hour
Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
Whole Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb floor beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 bundle low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 1/2 cup cheese soup or cheese dip (I used this one)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz nacho cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a big pan over medium-high warmth and add the meat and onion. Break up the meat with a spatula and cook dinner till the meat is browned and onions are softened. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Cook dinner till thickened, about 5 minutes, and take away from warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans and corn. Stir nicely to mix then carry to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Barely crush the Doritos and put 1 ½ cups Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish. Prime with ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. Prime with an extra 1 to 1 ½ cups Doritos and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and the casserole is scorching. Take away foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, inexperienced onion or avocado, if desired, then serve.
- Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
- Energy: 468
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 1145.2 mg
- Fats: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 102.6 mg
Key phrases: dorito casserole, simple dorito casserole, dorito taco casserole, layered dorito casserole
This put up might include affiliate gross sales hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.