Creamy Italian Pastina is the perfect home-cooked consolation meals! It’s stuffed with unbelievably wealthy and buttery, tacky flavors. This cozy pasta dish is made in below 10 minutes with tender pastina cooked in rooster broth and completed with an egg and contemporary parmesan.
Traditional Italian Pastina with Egg and Parmesan
Immediately I’m sharing a favourite recipe for creamy, tacky pastina pasta. On days once we’re in want of one thing akin to a hug in a bowl, this recipe all the time delivers. There’s a purpose pastina is the Italians’ go-to consolation meals.
This Italian-inspired recipe is a bit like a pasta-meets-risotto, cooked in rooster broth and completed carbonara-style with an egg and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Principally, it’s every kind of scrumptious wrapped up into one cozy recipe. My Italian mom in legislation used to make this for my husband rising up, and so the custom has been handed on. It’s so tremendous simple, and fast! Just some easy-to-come-by components and a fast boil on the stovetop. It’s easy and comforting everytime you want it probably the most!
What Is Pastina?
In Italian, pastina actually interprets to “little pasta.” You’ll generally discover it known as acini de pepe (“seeds of pepper”) as properly. It’s the smallest form of pasta you’ll find, consisting of itty-bitty items of noodles produced from egg and wheat flour. The shapes can vary from small stars to little spherical granules, pictured right here.
As a dish, pastina is named Italy’s favourite consolation meals, made when somebody is feeling below the climate in a method or one other. You’ll see why – it’s simple to get wrapped up inside this recipe’s wealthy, heat flavors.
What You’ll Want
The true fantastic thing about do-it-yourself pastina is in its cheap, fundamental components. Under is what you’ll have to make this straightforward model with parmesan. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card for the complete ingredient quantities.
- Pastina: That is the basic, tiny Italian pasta that makes up this recipe. Barilla makes a boxed pastina you could look out for, alongside different pasta varieties in main grocery shops.
- Rooster Broth: I prefer to cook dinner with low-sodium rooster broth. This manner the dish can nonetheless be seasoned with out turning out overly salty.
- Butter and Egg: Butter and a whisked egg add a great deal of richness and a creamy end to this basic pastina recipe. Let your egg come to room temperature beforehand.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated is greatest. You’ll stir it into the pasta, however you can too use any leftovers for sprinkling over prime. One other arduous Italian cheese, like pecorino, will even work.
- Black Pepper: Freshly cracked black pepper provides a pleasant taste and refined warmth.
Find out how to Make Creamy Pastina
Let’s make a comforting pot of pastina in 10 minutes or much less! It’s a easy 2-step course of:
- Cook dinner the Pasta: Empty the field of pastina pasta right into a pot with the broth. Convey the pasta to a boil and go away it to cook dinner for 6-7 minutes, till the pasta is al dente and the broth is properly absorbed.
- End and Serve: Take the pot off the warmth (essential! You don’t need to scramble the egg), and stir within the egg, butter, and grated parmesan. Give your creamy pasta a beneficiant crack of black pepper, and that’s it! Your healthful, fast, and simple pastina is able to eat.
Suggestions for Success
Listed here are some fast suggestions to bear in mind when making this favourite Italian pasta recipe:
- Cook dinner pastina in broth. Whereas water will technically work, nothing brings taste to those tiny pasta items the best way broth does! In the event you do have to cook dinner the pasta in water, you should definitely season the water with salt beforehand.
- What can I exploit as a substitute of pastina? Relying on the place you reside, pastina pasta can generally be tough to seek out in shops. You’ll be able to order it on-line, test at an area Italian deli (you probably have one), or in case you’re actually caught, use one other small-shaped pasta, like orzo, as a substitute.
This pastina recipe is tremendous easy, which is why it’s so well-loved! Nevertheless, in case you’d like, this leaves loads of room for straightforward variations and add-ins:
- Garnishes: Along with parmesan cheese and pepper, garnish your pasta with contemporary chopped parsley, thyme leaves, or pink pepper flakes.
- Vegetarian Pastina: Substitute vegetable broth rather than rooster broth. In the event you don’t eat eggs, you can too stir in further butter.
- Add Protein: Add in protein like leftover cooked and shredded rooster or turkey, crispy chopped bacon or pancetta, or cooked floor beef.
- Add Veggies: Diced, cooked veggies may be stirred into your pastina. Good choices are sauteed or roasted zucchini, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, or asparagus.
This recipe is pure consolation all by itself. Curling up on the sofa with a bowlful of pastina is just like the Italian’s reply to a mug of sizzling cocoa. Temper = immediately lifted. However in case you’re after an additional dose of consolation, serve your creamy pastina with a facet of crusty French Bread or do-it-yourself Stuffed Garlic Bread.
In the event you needed to show your pastina right into a meal, this straightforward pasta dish makes a satisfying facet to serve with meaty mains like Prompt Pot Brief Ribs or Stuffed Caprese Rooster. Serve it with a vegetable facet like roasted or sauteed broccoli or Air Fryer Asparagus.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Retailer any leftover pastina hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat parts in a saucepan on the stovetop, or within the microwave, with a little bit of broth (or water) added to revive the feel of the pasta.
Can I Freeze Pastina?
Sure! As soon as the pasta is totally cool, switch it to an hermetic, freezer-safe container or freezer bag. Retailer your pastina frozen for as much as 1 month, and reheat slowly on the range or within the microwave.
Creamy Italian Pastina is a fast and comfortable pasta dish stuffed with wealthy, buttery, tacky flavors, completed with an egg and contemporary parmesan. The very definition of consolation meals!
- 1 (12- ounce) field pastina
- 4 cups rooster broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 massive egg, room temperature, whisked
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and extra to garnish
- Contemporary floor black pepper to style
- Add 4 cups of broth and the field of pastina right into a 3- quart pot over medium warmth. Convey to a boil, stirring steadily, and boil for 6-7 minutes, till the broth is absorbed and the pastina is al dente.
- Take away the pot from the warmth and instantly stir within the butter, egg, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season liberally with pepper and serve instantly.
- Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Reheat within the microwave or on the range prime. Add just a little broth or water earlier than heating to loosen up the pasta.
Key phrases: recipes with pastina, italian pasta recipes, consolation meals recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Simple Italian Recipes
PIN for later: