This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Cranberry pecan candy potato wild rice pilaf is an ideal fall aspect dish infused with unbelievable flavors and textures. Crunchy pecans, cranberries, candy potato, wild rice, and herbs come collectively on this tasty dish!
Rice is the right aspect dish and might tackle any flavors you add to it. I really like how versatile of an ingredient it’s! Subsequent time you’re trying to make use of rice out of your pantry, make this simple fried rice or this scrumptious Mexican rice to go together with your tacos. And in case you want one thing candy for dessert make rice pudding!
Cranberry Pecan Candy Potato Wild Rice Pilaf
This cranberry pecan candy potato wild rice pilaf might be your new favourite Thanksgiving aspect dish. It’s bursting with flavors however isn’t too heavy. You’re going to like all of the textures on this recipe. The crunchy pecans, chewy dried cranberries, and tender wild rice and candy potatoes. Mixed with herbs and seasonings, this recipe has the perfect savory fall flavors multi function bowl.
Thanksgiving is my favourite vacation! I simply love this time of yr as a result of there may be a lot to be pleased about. Rising up we’d all the time have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma’s home. My grandma was a wonderful cook dinner and no one may make a turkey higher than she may. It was all the time completely juicy and melted in your mouth. However my favourite reminiscence from Thanksgiving dinners was my Grandma’s pumpkin pie and her selfmade crust. To this present day we nonetheless make her well-known pumpkin pie.
I included candy potato, cranberries, and crunchy pecans. Use high-quality dried herbs to carry out the superb taste on this dish. Parsley, oregano, and thyme all come collectively to season the dish. This rice pilaf is a enjoyable and distinctive dish that may be the star of the desk.
- Hen Broth: Provides taste whereas cooking the wild rice.
- Wild Rice Mix: Use a mix or simply wild rice, it’s as much as you!
- Dried Parsley, Oregano, and Thyme: One of the best herbs to season this fall aspect dish.
- Olive Oil: For cooking the candy potato and onion.
- Candy Potato: Cook dinner candy potato is tender and excellent on this dish.
- Onion: Provides nice taste to the pilaf.
- Dried Cranberries: Dried cranberries are also called craisins.
- Pecans: Toasting the pecans brings out the scrumptious nutty flavors.
- Contemporary Parsley: Garnish with contemporary parsley proper earlier than serving. It’s additionally fairly!
Cranberry Pecan Candy Potato Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
We love having a rice dish at our dinner desk, and this consists of the entire scrumptious fall flavors. My favourite factor about this recipe is that it may be made upfront. Having one much less factor to make on Thanksgiving day is a game-changer!
- Put together the Wild Rice: In a medium-sized saucepan carry the broth to a boil and add wild rice, parsley, oregano, and thyme. Cut back the warmth to a simmer and canopy with a lid. Cook dinner for half-hour or till tender. Alternatively, it’s possible you’ll observe the liquid/rice ratios and cooking instructions based on your explicit model of untamed rice mix for 1 cup of rice.
- Cook dinner the Candy Potato and Onion: In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil. Add the candy potato and saute till tender, about quarter-hour or so. As soon as the potatoes are almost cooked by way of, add the onion to the pan and cook dinner till translucent.
- Add Dried Cranberries and Pecans: Add the dried cranberries and chopped pecans and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the Candy Potato Combination with the Wild Rice Combination: Add the candy potato combination to the rice combination and fluff with a fork.
- Garnish and Serve Heat: Season with salt and pepper if wanted. Garnish with contemporary parsley and serve heat!
Make Forward Suggestions
This cranberry pecan candy potato wild rice pilaf is the right recipe to make forward of time. Good for Thanksgiving day prep as a result of you may make it a few days earlier than you serve it. I’m all about reducing corners to make the massive day run smoother. Listed below are my ideas for making this aspect dish upfront.
- Use Premade Wild Rice: Cook dinner the wild rice upfront or use premade wild rice. I really like the microwavable packets as a result of it’s quick and simple. Simply heat it up and the rice is able to go!
- Cook dinner the Candy Potatoes and Onions in Advance: Cook dinner or roast the candy potatoes and onions forward of time. This manner it’s carried out and prepared when it’s time to assemble the cranberry candy potato wild rice pilaf. Retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge then reheat them within the microwave.
- Chop and Measure Substances: Chop the pecans and measure out the pecans. I prefer to have them measured and able to add to the recipe. It simply makes it go quick while you’re able to assemble the pilaf.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
It’s really easy to retailer this pilaf recipe for later. Simply pop it in an hermetic container, stick it within the fridge, then it’s prepared for everytime you’re craving some fluffy, savory goodness! This recipe can also be nice for meal prep.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 1 week.
- Reheating: Reheating leftovers is a breeze! Merely place it in a microwave-safe dish then microwave on excessive for 1-2 minutes or till warmed by way of.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a medium-sized saucepan carry the broth to a boil and add wild rice, parsley, oregano, and thyme. Cut back the warmth to a simmer and canopy with a lid. Cook dinner for half-hour or till tender. Alternatively, it’s possible you’ll observe the liquid/rice ratios and cooking instructions based on your explicit model of untamed rice mix for 1 cup of rice.
In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil. Add the candy potato and saute till tender, about quarter-hour or so. As soon as the potatoes are almost cooked by way of, add the onion to the pan and cook dinner till translucent.
Add the dried cranberries and chopped pecans to the candy potato combination then cook dinner for 1-2 minutes.
Add the candy potato combination to the rice combination and fluff with a fork.
Garnish with contemporary parsely and serve heat!
Up to date on October 26, 2023
Energy: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 9gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 2mgSodium: 463mgPotassium: 415mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 4741IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 2mg
Diet info is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.