Indulge within the comforting flavors of Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole. A combination of recent broccoli, cream of rooster soup, and American cheese sauce is poured over rice, topped with Colby cheese and a buttery Ritz cracker crust, and baked to perfection. A straightforward and scrumptious aspect dish to get pleasure from on any night time of the week.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole So Particular?
Nothing is extra comforting than a scorching casserole straight out of the oven, and this Cracker Barrel Broccoli and Cheese Casserole gained’t disappoint! Once you mix the creamy, tacky sauce with broccoli and rice, then high it with crispy butter crackers, you could have one thing extraordinary.
When you’ve got ever ordered this dish at Cracker Barrel and wished you possibly can make it your self, now you may, and anybody who has by no means tried it on the restaurant is in for an actual deal with!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe is an actual crowd-pleaser that’s straightforward and cheap to arrange. It really works equally effectively as a weekday household dinner or a bring-along to a potluck or church supper.
Since most substances are pantry staples, you may whip this casserole up everytime you really feel like having a hearty, satisfying meal. As a bonus, this copycat Cracker Barrel casserole freezes and reheats fantastically, permitting you to inventory your freezer for these days once you don’t really feel like cooking from scratch.
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Rice Cheese Casserole Elements
To make this casserole, you’ll want:
- White rice
- Cream of rooster soup, canned
- Entire milk
- American cheese
- Colby cheese, shredded
- Ritz crackers
- Unsalted butter
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Contemporary broccoli is finest, however you need to use frozen broccoli in a pinch.
Be happy to make use of one other model of butter cracker, like Membership Crackers.
Make it additional tacky by utilizing cheddar cheese soup as a substitute of cream of rooster soup.
Prepare dinner a few boneless skinless rooster breasts, reduce them into bite-sized items, and add them to the casserole to rework it from a aspect to an entree.
Find out how to Make the Casserole
To prep a Cracker Barrel Broccoli Rice Cheese Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare dinner the rice based on the bundle. For comfort, use a rice cooker when you’ve got one.
- Whereas the rice is cooking, wash and shake dry the pinnacle of broccoli. Divide the broccoli into particular person florets and reduce bigger florets in half—reserve for later.
- Add the cream of rooster soup, entire milk, and American cheese to a saucepan over medium-low warmth. Stir constantly till the cheese melts.
- As soon as the American cheese melts, stir within the broccoli florets and cook dinner for about 8 minutes or till the broccoli softens.
- Take away the broccoli sauce from the warmth and canopy the saucepan to maintain heat.
- Unfold the cooked white rice in a good layer on the underside of a 9×13 casserole dish. Permit the rice to chill within the baking dish for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the broccoli sauce excessive of the rice. Use a spatula to clean the highest, however strive to not combine the rice and broccoli sauce.
- Sprinkle the shredded Colby cheese excessive. At this level, you may bake instantly or let the casserole cool completely and retailer it.
- Warmth a saucepan over medium-low warmth, and add the butter.
- Whereas the butter is melting, crush the crackers into crumbs. Crush the crackers whereas nonetheless within the sleeve, or put them in a plastic bag to keep away from making a multitude.
- Take away the saucepan from the warmth and dump the cracker crumbs into it. Gently stir to coat with melted butter totally.
- Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs excessive of the casserole and bake within the oven for 10 to fifteen minutes or till the cracker crumbs brown flippantly.
- Let the casserole barely cool on a wire rack, after which serve.
What to Serve With a Cracker Barrel Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
A beauty of casseroles is that they’re one-dish meals. However you may add just a few sides if you need. Listed here are three good choices:
Find out how to Make It Forward
In the event you plan on making this Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe beforehand, it’s best to let the rice and broccoli sauce cool utterly earlier than assembling the casserole. Cease after including the shredded cheese and canopy the casserole dish with plastic wrap. See the part under for storage ideas.
Find out how to Retailer the Casserole
Let the casserole quiet down utterly within the baking dish. To avoid wasting the leftovers for as much as three days, wrap your complete dish in plastic wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Retailer it within the fridge.
To maintain the dish for as much as a month, add a layer of aluminum foil to the plastic wrap and freeze. Permit the frozen casserole to thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
What Is the Finest Solution to Reheat It
To heat up a thawed casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take away the plastic wrap and canopy the highest of the casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake within the oven for 25 to half-hour or till the middle of the casserole is scorching. You’ll be able to take away the aluminum foil for a couple of minutes on the finish of the cooking time to assist crisp up the cracker crumb topping.
Extra Cracker Barrel Copycat Recipes
Favourite Casserole Recipes
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Make a scrumptious broccoli cheese rice casserole like Cracker Barrel with this straightforward copycat recipe.
- 1 can cream of rooster soup
- 16 ounces entire milk
- 16 ounces American cheese
- 8 ounces broccoli reduce into bite-sized items
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 32 Ritz crackers or 1 normal sleeve, crushed
- 4 ounces butter melted
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the cream of rooster soup, entire milk, and American cheese in a big pot over medium-low warmth, stirring sometimes. Add the broccoli and cook dinner for about 8 minutes.
Place the cooked rice within the backside of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour the broccoli combination over the rice and high with shredded Colby cheese.
Place the crushed crackers and melted butter in a bowl and blend effectively till the crackers are effectively coated. Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs over the casserole.
Bake the casserole within the preheated oven for about 10 to fifteen minutes or till the crackers flip golden brown.
Energy: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 42g | Saturated Fats: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 1543mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1392IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 824mg | Iron: 2mg