In case you love chocolate with peanut butter, these decadent, scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars are a dream come true!
These out-of-the-ordinary Dessert Bars have the shock addition of caramel which pushes them excessive. Each chew is sort of a celebration in your mouth.
Why You Should Make
- These peanut butter bars are fabricated from peanut butter dough drizzled with caramel, then topped with chopped peanut butter cups and extra cookie dough. Are you bought but?
- The dough can be enhanced by brown butter which gives scrumptious caramelly undertones.
- The batch makes 24 bars so there are some for you and a few to share!!
I used to be late to the chocolate-peanut butter bandwagon, however as soon as I used to be transformed, there was no going again. My oldest two kids have joined me on this…err…habit, however the hubby and youngest are nonetheless not on board. No worries, although; it simply means extra for me! Nothing higher than a batch of traditional peanut butter cookies. And since I additionally adore caramel, these bars had been the right technique to get a triple repair.
- When making your brown butter, keep by the cooktop. You need the butter to brown, not burn!
- Have your eggs at room temperature for simpler incorporation.
- Ensure that your baking powder is contemporary. It can usually expire whereas within the cabinet because it’s not used almost as usually as baking soda.
- PRO-tip: Spray your measuring cup with Pam or one other non-stick cooking spray earlier than measuring the peanut butter. The peanut butter will slide proper out!!
- If it’s a heat day, chill your peanut butter cups earlier than chopping. The filling is not going to stick with your knife once they’re chilly.
- Ensure that to take a look at Methods to Reduce Excellent Cookie Bars in the event you plan to make these for somebody particular!
Regularly Requested Questions
Making caramel sauce from scratch isn’t overly tough, however you want a sweet thermometer so it’s the suitable consistency. A better model is to take premade caramels and soften them with some heavy cream.
Making brown butter or beurre noisette is when butter is cooked till the colour of a hazelnut (mild brown) and develops a barely nutty, wealthy, and extra intense taste than unusual clarified butter. It provides a scrumptious caramelly undertone when used to make cookies or bar cookies.
First, earlier than you bake them, line the pan with nonstick foil for straightforward elimination.
After they’ve cooled, place the pan within the fridge to relax. After they’re chilly, take away them to a slicing board. With a pointy knife, slice them into good squares, however allow them to come again to room temperature earlier than serving.
If saved in an hermetic container, they’ll keep contemporary for 3-4 days. For longer storage, they are often frozen for as much as 3 months. Defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
You Might Additionally Like:
My buddies and I are celebrating Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! A made-up vacation the place all of us indulge on this implausible mixture. Listed below are a number of extra recipes:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter melted and cooked until barely browned and nutty smelling (browned butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces mini peanut butter cups unwrapped and minimize in half
- 11 ounces or about 30 caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil or common foil adopted by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, mix brown sugar and brown butter beating till creamy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs one after the other, beating properly after every addition. Combine in peanut butter till clean. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the peanut butter combination and gently combine until simply mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Unfold half of the dough onto the underside of the ready pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, soften caramels and heavy cream, stopping and stirring at one-minute intervals till utterly melted. Stir till clean.
- Pour caramel onto the underside layer of bars. High with halved Reese cups. Drop the remaining dough onto peanut butter cups and punctiliously unfold utilizing your fingers.
- Bake for about half-hour or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear
Really helpful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 386Complete Fats: 19gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 10gLdl cholesterol: 41mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g