Chocolate chip shortbread cookies are so wealthy and buttery – they soften in your mouth!
This simple, one-bowl recipe makes a basic shortbread cookie recipe with the addition of mini chocolate chips. They’re candy and irresistible.
These cookies are excellent for dipping, dunking, and sharing!
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
That is an previous household recipe from my good friend Toni and we’ve turned them into a straightforward slice-and-bake cookie. These positively prime our all time favourite cookies record!
- The shortbread cookie is wealthy with a buttery taste.
- This recipe makes use of easy on a regular basis components you doubtless have available.
- They are often dipped in chocolate, or the additions could be modified, something goes!
- Chocolate chip shortbread cookie dough freezes fantastically! Simply double up the batch and freeze a log till able to slice and bake!
Substances for Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Butter – Use unsalted butter for the most effective outcomes. Butter to the flavour and texture, substitutions aren’t really useful.
Flour – Cake or pastry flour is really useful for a lightweight, melt-in-your-mouth texture. See recipe notes for a substitution.
Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar is less complicated to include than granulated sugar and has a greater texture.
Add-Ins and Variations
- Shortbread cookies are excellent for including festive components like chopped dried cranberries, dried cherries, or lemon zest.
- Combine it up with completely different chips resembling white chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch. Add finely chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and even macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and prime with colourful sprinkles!
Methods to Make Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Stir flour and mini chocolate chips collectively in a small bowl (this helps preserve the chocolate chips effectively distributed).
- Whip butter till it’s easy. Add the remaining components, together with the flour, per the recipe beneath.
- Form the dough right into a log and chill for an hour (this helps the cookies preserve their form).
- Slice and bake till the perimeters are simply frivolously browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Preserving Cookies Contemporary
- Similar to icebox cookies, and sugar cookies, chocolate chip shortbread cookie dough can keep within the fridge for as much as 3 days till able to bake.
- Maintain chocolate chip shortbread cookies in a coated container at room temperature for as much as 10 days.
- Add a slice of bread to soak up any moisture that may happen with temperature adjustments.
- Freeze uncooked or baked cookies in a zippered bag for as much as 3 months.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Candy and decadent, these chocolate chip shortbread cookies will hit all the precise notes!
In a small bowl, combine flour and chocolate chips.
In a big bowl, use an electrical mixer to cream butter the till easy. Regularly add in powdered sugar, beating till the combination is fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add water, vanilla, and salt till effectively mixed. Utilizing a picket spoon, regularly combine in flour and chocolate chips.
Form the dough right into a 1½-inch diameter log, about 1 foot lengthy, and roll in parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour or as much as 4 days.
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Take away from the fridge and take away from the parchment paper.
Slice the dough into ½-inch thick slices and place them 1-inch aside on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake till edges are very frivolously browned, 18-22 minutes
Switch to a wire rack to chill fully.
- For greatest outcomes, use unsalted butter.
- To make sure even slicing, chill the dough. The dough could be chilled for a number of days or frozen for later.
- Experiment with various kinds of chocolate chips or add nuts for a crunchy twist!
These cookies will preserve at room temperature for as much as 10 days. The uncooked cookie dough or cooked cookies will preserve within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Energy: 164 | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.