In search of the right Indiana Jones dessert? Make my Chocolate Boulders!
I used to be decided to determine a method to flip the long-lasting Raiders of the Misplaced Ark boulder right into a dessert for my Indiana Jones celebration. Y’all, I’m going to stage with you. I’ve by no means been so terrified to make something for my Disney Dinners however each step turned out to be really easy! All six boulders turned out completely and even smashed brilliantly so don’t be scared. You bought this!
You really need silicone molds for this. They’re cheap and simple to make use of. You should use baking chocolate as an alternative of the wafers however I really like utilizing the wafers each time I can (they’re at many huge grocery shops nowadays!) since you don’t need to mood the chocolate. You simply soften and go and look how shiny and beautiful they turned out! If you happen to use baking chocolate, you’ll after all wish to mood the chocolate to get it good and glossy.
As you may see, I didn’t do the best of jobs. I did one good layer after which determined to bolster them with a second small layer, which made them fairly messy. It doesn’t matter what the within appears to be like like although – the outer shells turned out nice and all twelve popped proper out of the mildew.
These boulders have a scrumptious “dust” no-bake cheesecake filling. I had a bit little bit of combination leftover so don’t be shy about filling them. You don’t need the combination too near the sting however you may pile it fairly excessive.
When assembling, work on one boulder at a time. I ended up heating my skillet thrice in the course of the course of. You don’t want it sizzling, simply heat sufficient to soften the perimeters of the chocolate halves to seal them collectively. As soon as sealed, these have been so sturdy, we actually have been rolling them round on the plates earlier than smashing them. I hope you’re keen on this Indiana Jones dessert as a lot as I do!
12 oz bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Wafers
1 cup whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
Serving suggestion: extra Oreo crumbs, berries
Particular provides: silicone molds
- Soften wafers in a glass dish within the microwave at half energy for 30 seconds, then stirring each 15 seconds till nearly melted.
- Stir chocolate till easy, then spoon a couple of tablespoon of chocolate in 12 2-inch silicone mildew rounds. Use a small spatular to work chocolate up the edges, then let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- To make the dust filling: beat whipping cream in a metallic bowl with a metallic whisk till tender peaks type (about 2-3 minutes). In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla, then fold in whipped cream and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Take away the boulders from the molds. Preheat a small skillet till heat, then set a boulder half edge-side down on the skillet for 3 seconds to barely soften the sting. Rapidly fill with dust filling (fill it excessive however not too near the sting) then soften one other piece’s edge for about 3 seconds. Set that half on prime of the crammed half, watching the magic occur because it seals.
- Repeat with remaining boulders, then let set at room temperature for half an hour earlier than popping within the fridge. Refrigerate till able to serve. Scrumptious served with strawberries or raspberries with further Oreo crumbs on the plate.
Learn extra about Disney Dinners: Indiana Jones right here. Watch the episode: