This yummy cauliflower dish makes a terrific vegetable facet, however it’s wealthy sufficient to function a important course! Hailing from Piedmont, Italy, this dish was allegedly a favourite of Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, a “founding father” of Italy.
Watch the Pasta Grammar video the place we make this cauliflower facet dish right here:
CAVOLFIORE ALLA CAVOUR RECIPE
Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Cauliflower florets (we would have liked about half a head of cauliflower, however the most effective factor to do is fill your dish of alternative with uncooked florets with the intention to work out precisely how a lot to prepare dinner)
- 4 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to style
- 2 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, or to style
- 3 diced anchovies (preserved below oil)
- Contemporary black pepper
- Massive skillet
- 9-inch spherical baking dish, or comparable
Carry a big pot of water to boil and salt it generously. Add the cauliflower and boil till tender—about 10 minutes. Drain and set the cauliflower apart.
Preheat an oven to 400 levels F (205 C). In a big skillet, soften 2 tbsp of butter over low warmth. Add the boiled cauliflower and stir till the florets are evenly coated in butter. Switch the cauliflower and butter right into a 9-inch spherical baking dish and prime all of it with a beneficiant grating of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake for quarter-hour, or till crispy on prime.
In the meantime, mix the chopped eggs, parsley and anchovies in a mixing bowl. Soften the remaining butter in your skillet and pour this in as effectively. Combine all collectively completely.
When the cauliflower is baked, take away it from the oven. Spoon the egg combination amongst the cauliflower florets, filling up holes and gaps within the prime. High with recent black pepper to style and serve heat.
You probably have a little bit of leftover cauliflower, you possibly can put it to make use of on a scrumptious and fast Tuscan crostino!