My Brown Sugar Cookies are SO delicate and chewy! They’ve an extremely wealthy and buttery taste and are simple to make and not using a mixer. Recipe features a how-to video!
Tremendous Comfortable Sugar Cookies
If you happen to’re a skinny & crispy sort of cookie lover, jump over to my butter crunch cookies, since you gained’t discover something of the kind right here! My brown sugar cookies are a number of the softest, chewiest cookies you’ll ever strive. Made with all brown sugar for a wealthy taste and added moisture, these cookies are nice all yr round however I’ll positively be saving a spot for them on my Christmas cookie platter.
This recipe is a detailed cousin to my tremendous delicate molasses cookies, solely with a a lot, a lot lighter molasses taste from the brown sugar. They’re easy to make (no mixer required) and are rolled via a rough sugar coating earlier than baking for candy and sparkly outcomes.
Why you’ll love them:
- Straightforward: no mixer wanted!
- So delicate: due to fastidiously chosen components.
- Easy: simply 10 components.
What You Want
Listed below are the components that make these brown sugar cookies tremendous delicate and chewy:
- Brown sugar. Typically I default to utilizing mild brown sugar in most of my recipes, however I like utilizing a 50/50 cut up of sunshine and darkish brown sugar on this recipe. I discuss extra about utilizing every sort and the outcomes you’ll have within the FAQ part under.
- Egg + egg yolk. An additional egg yolk makes these cookies so tender. Including a full egg (as a substitute of simply the yolk) may dry the cookies out, so follow simply the yolk. If you happen to don’t need to waste the white, use it to make candied pecans!
- Corn starch. Considered one of my favourite components in cookies, corn starch prevents the cookies from spreading an excessive amount of and provides to their softness.
- Coarse sugar. You should utilize both common white granulated sugar or a rough granulated sugar for rolling. My grocery retailer sells an natural cane sugar that has huge crystals, so I simply use that.
SAM’S TIP: Let your butter cool earlier than including your sugar! Including your sugar whereas the butter remains to be sizzling may soften the sugar and smash your cookies (they’ll be greasy and unfold all around the baking sheet).
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the put up!
Methods to Make Brown Sugar Cookies
- Mix butter and sugar – Soften your butter, let it cool, then stir in your brown sugar.
- Stir within the eggs – Stir within the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry components – Mix the dry components in a separate bowl, then regularly add them to the moist components.
- Chill the dough – Cowl and chill your dough for at the least 45 minutes.
- Coat in sugar – Scoop 2-tablespoon sized dough balls and roll them between your palms earlier than rolling in sugar.
- Bake and revel in! Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes and allow them to cool fully on their baking sheet earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Don’t over-bake your cookies! If you happen to do, they’ll find yourself dry and crumbly as a substitute of soppy and chewy. I like to recommend taking them out of the oven once they look barely underdone within the middle to allow them to end baking on the cookie sheet exterior of the oven.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
The distinction between mild and darkish brown lies within the molasses content material (which, you may already know if you happen to recall my put up on easy methods to make brown sugar). Darkish brown sugar has roughly twice the molasses in it that mild brown sugar does.
Utilizing all mild brown sugar will yield cookies with a lighter taste (that’s not a foul factor!). They’ll be buttery with accents of vanilla and a delicate inside, however a lighter molasses taste. Choosing all darkish brown sugar gives you a richer taste and ever-so-slightly softer facilities.
Use whichever you favor, or a mixture of the 2!
This most frequently occurs from having an excessive amount of flour within the dough. Be sure you know easy methods to measure your flour correctly (utilizing weights is extra correct than cups!) to keep away from this occurring sooner or later. Nonetheless, cling onto your further egg white. If you happen to discover your dough is just too stiff and crumbly after including all of the flour, it may typically be saved with a little bit of moisture and you’ll stir in that reserved egg white.
Sure! You may observe the directions for sugar coated cookies in my easy methods to freeze cookie dough put up. They’ll maintain for a number of months saved this manner.
If you happen to’re an enormous fan of soppy cookies, additionally, you will love my delicate and chewy butter pecan cookies or my delicate and chewy gingersnaps.
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! If you happen to do this recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Fb
Brown Sugar Cookies
Servings: 16 cookies
Forestall your display from going darkish
Mix your melted (and cooled) butter and sugar in a big bowl and stir till well-combined.
Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir properly.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step by step add dry components to moist and blend till mixed.
Cowl bowl with plastic wrap and switch to the fridge to sit back for at the least 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (if you happen to don’t have parchment paper, bake instantly on an ungreased cookie sheet).
As soon as oven has preheated, take away your chilled cookie dough from the fridge and roll dough into roughly 2-Tablespoon-sized scoops. Roll gently to kind a ball and roll via granulated sugar till fully coated with sugar.
Bake on 350F (175C) for 11-12 minutes. The facilities of the cookies should appear barely underbaked — enable cookies to chill fully on cookie sheet to complete cooking there, cookies will likely be too fragile to maneuver whereas sizzling.
*I like to make use of half darkish brown and half mild brown sugar, however you need to use all mild or all darkish, whichever you select the cookies will end up! Please see the put up for extra data on darkish vs mild brown sugar.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and must be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.
Be aware: This recipe was initially revealed in 2018. The recipe stays the identical however I’ve up to date the put up to incorporate extra data and be extra useful in 2022.