I don’t know what it’s about these three components mixed, however this braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes dish is my new favourite straightforward dinner recipe! Excellent for St Patricks Day dinner!
I don’t love St Patrick’s Day. I can’t ever suppose up something cute and the traps, ohhhhh the traps! They’re so enjoyable and I like watching the youngsters work for hours on them, however I’m additionally not artful so I don’t simply have doodads and whatsits mendacity round ready to be artified.
Final yr I used to be feeling all of the feels of an inkling that we might be transferring quickly after which the dreaded St Paddy’s Day hit. I instantly requested my pal Megan why we needed to rejoice and she or he got here again with, “simply do the ol’ cabbage, sausage and potatoes in a single pot and be accomplished.”
Wait what? No whining alongside me? She really had a plan?! And so I did, I adopted her instance and recipe and voila! Dinner was accomplished in 30 and it was scrumptious! WHY IS IT DELICIOUS!? It’s actually 3 components however everybody ate the entire darn factor. AND what was leftover I put within the Meals Saver and froze it and oh my goodness, it completely held up completely a couple of weeks later once we had it once more!
Are you prepared for the 6 (presumably 7) components you could make this fast and simple dinner? That is what you will have:
- Sausage: you should use any sort of sausage you need…rooster, turkey, pork, and so on…bratwurst additionally works or a kielbasa
- Potatoes: I choose the flavour of Yukon Gold potatoes, however crimson potatoes would additionally work or simply plain Russets, peeling is non-obligatory
- Purple or Yellow Onion: both sort works nice, it simply relies on which taste your choose
- Cabbage: common inexperienced cabbage is my go-to, however you may additionally use crimson. In case you’re utilizing this for St Patricks Day, then the extra inexperienced the higher!
- Olive Oil: helps caramelize the onions
- Salt and Pepper: provides taste
- Garlic: that is completely non-obligatory, it tastes nice with out it, however it does add scrumptious taste in case you are a garlic fan
The measurements for every ingredient may be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of this publish.
Suggestions for Making Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes
- Minimize the potatoes to be the identical measurement in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Use a dutch oven, it caramelizes the onions and cooks the sausage and potatoes completely.
- Don’t use too excessive of warmth when cooking. The onions will begin to burn at the start else cooks via.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Straightforward: you solely want 6 (presumably 7) components, and it’s all made in a single pot which makes it tremendous straightforward to wash up and the prep work is minimal
- Fast: you may have dinner on the desk in half-hour
- Cheap: you solely want a couple of components and all of the components are straightforward on the finances
- Household Pleasant: it’s uncommon I develop a recipe that the entire household loves, however everybody liked and devoured this one!
Can This Be Made within the Prompt Pot?
Sure, this recipe works nice within the Prompt Pot. You’ll wish to prepare dinner the potatoes first. Peel and slice the potatoes to the dimensions you need after which toss them into the Prompt Pot for 2-3 minutes on excessive stress. Then let it pure launch for 5-10 minutes. Take away the lid and swap it to saute mode and add somewhat olive oil. Add the onions, sausage and cabbage and prepare dinner it till the potatoes are beginning to get golden, the onions are translucent and the cabbage is cooked down. Salt and pepper to style.
Storing, Reheating and Freezing Cabbage, Sausage and Potatoes
Braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes needs to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge, and it’ll hold for as much as 3 days.
I’ve discovered that reheating this dish works nice within the microwave. Simply zap it for 1-2 minutes relying on how a lot you’re warming up.
This dish freezes nice like I discussed above! Retailer in an hermetic and freezer secure container for as much as 3 months. If you wish to use the Meals Saver, it’ll hold for as much as 6 months.
This braised sausage, cabbage and potatoes recipe is a straightforward however hearty dinner recipe that’s so satisfying! It checks all of the bins for a fantastic St Patricks Day dinner, however I’m making this one all yr spherical!
Watch Methods to Make One Pot Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes Video
Extra St Patrick’s Day Recipes:
Drizzle olive oil in a dutch oven and add the sausages and potatoes over medium excessive warmth.
Prime with onions after which cabbage and season effectively with salt and pepper and garlic if utilizing.
Place the lid on and scale back the warmth to medium, stirring about each 10 minutes for half-hour. Season extra if wanted and serve.
Really helpful Merchandise
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Candy Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
Once you strive a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for an opportunity to be featured in our tales! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES