This Thanksgiving punch recipe is really easy and filled with the flavors of fall! The proper thanksgiving drink for thanksgiving dinner or anytime you need a scrumptious punch recipe this vacation season. Pour this festive punch into a big pitcher or punch bowl, garnish with apple slices, and let your friends assist themselves!
Thanksgiving Punch Recipe
There are solely 31 days till Thanksgiving! Are you able to imagine there are simply 4 weeks till the large day?! Which means it’s formally time to start out sharing all the brand new Thanksgiving recipes I’ve created for you.
Beginning with this tremendous festive apple cider Thanksgiving punch! It’s really easy to make, serves a crowd, and appears completely beautiful in a giant pitcher or punch bowl. Particularly when you garnish it with cinnamon sticks, orange slices, star anise, apple slices, and recent thyme. Your Thanksgiving friends will hail you the final word mixologist!
The Flavors of Fall in a Cocktail!
- Maple Syrup provides sweetness and a comfortable taste that marries completely with the apple cider and bourbon! I don’t recommend skipping this ingredient or utilizing honey as a substitute. No want to make use of fancy maple syrup, simply be certain you utilize REAL maple syrup and never pancake syrup.
- Apple Cider is refreshing and so scrumptious in punch. It is best to have the ability to discover this at your native grocery retailer within the refrigerated drinks part. Don’t mistake this ingredient with exhausting cider or apple cider vinegar.
- Bourbon is my spirit of alternative for this Thanksgiving drink, however whiskey or rum could be equally scrumptious.
- Recent thyme provides an earthy taste to the straightforward syrup. You need to use rosemary as a substitute when you choose that taste over thyme.
- And many spices like recent ginger, star anise, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, and cloves! Provides virtually a pumpkin pie spice… however so significantly better.
- Ginger beer provides carbonation and tastes one million occasions higher than ginger ale. That being stated, when you can solely discover ginger ale on the grocery retailer, use it!
- Recent lemon juice and orange juice add a candy/tart taste this Thanksgiving punch recipe. You would exchange the lemon juice with cranberry juice for a ruby purple punch recipe! And add in a handful of recent cranberries with the garnish.
Can I make this a Non-Alcoholic Thanksgiving punch?
Sure, you’ll be able to undoubtedly make this right into a non-alcoholic Thanksgiving drink. To do that, omit the bourbon and add 3 occasions the quantity of ginger beer. You can too add a 1/2 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice for a tart kick!
Make Apple Cider Thanksgiving Punch:
- You’ll begin by making the straightforward syrup. When you’ve by no means made easy syrup earlier than, don’t fret, it’s as simple as boiling water. You’ll prepare dinner this for about quarter-hour after which cool it utterly. You may make this as much as 1 week earlier than you want it and retailer it within the fridge.
- If you’re able to make the punch, bust out a big pitcher or punch bowl. Then mix the straightforward syrup with the apple cider, bourbon, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Chill the punch for about an hour, or till chilly. And you’ll maintain it chilled for as much as 4 hours.
- Garnish and serve your Thanksgiving drink! Proper earlier than serving, pour within the ginger beer into the pitcher or punch bowl. Serve with glasses full of ice and garnishes. Some garnish concepts: apple slices, recent thyme sprigs, orange slices, recent cranberries, star anise, cinnamon sticks.
Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes:
Bourbon Apple Cider Thanksgiving Punch
For the Maple Easy Syrup:
- 2 cups (454ml) water
- 1 cup (340ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (106g) gentle brown sugar
- 6 inexperienced cardamom pods
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons complete cloves
- 2 3-inch items recent ginger peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch items
- 3 sprigs recent thyme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Thanksgiving Punch:
- 3 cups (681ml) apple cider non-alcoholic
- 2 cups (454ml) bourbon
- 3/4 cup (171ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (113ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup (227ml) ginger beer non-alcoholic
- 3 giant honeycrisp apples sliced
For the Maple Easy Syrup:
Mix the water, maple syrup, brown sugar, spices, ginger, and thyme in a medium-saucepan and produce to a boil over excessive warmth.
Prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till the maple syrup and brown sugar has utterly dissolved, about 3 to five minutes. Cut back warmth to low and proceed cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
Take away from the warmth and stir within the vanilla. Put aside and funky for half-hour, then pressure the straightforward syrup via a fine-mesh strainer and right into a heatproof bowl.
Discard spices. Use ALL of the straightforward syrup within the punch recipe under.
For the Thanksgiving Punch:
In a big pitcher or punch bowl, mix all the easy syrup with the apple cider, bourbon, lemon juice, and orange juice. Gently stir to mix.
Cowl and refrigerate for at the least 1 hour – or as much as 4 hours. Proper earlier than serving, pour the ginger beer into the pitcher and add the apple slices, gently stir to mix.
Pour into glasses full of ice and serve directly! Garnish concepts: apple slices, recent thyme sprigs, star anise, cinnamon sticks.