Almond flour banana muffins are a scrumptious method to take pleasure in a banana breakfast deal with, however with out the gluten. These have all of the flavors of conventional banana muffins, however made with almond flour, and sweetened largely with tremendous ripe bananas. The recipe makes 6 as a result of it’s a small batch of muffins, however it will possibly simply be doubled to make 12.
Small Batch Almond Flour Muffins (Banana)
Almond flour banana muffins belong in your kitchen, even in the event you suppose you have already got too many banana muffin or banana bread recipes, belief me! We at all times want extra methods to make use of bananas. They’re naturally candy, filled with vitamins, and children love them. Plus, they’re an excellent breakfast or snack. So what if we’ve chocolate chips for breakfast–it’s our life we’re residing!
Almond flour banana muffins are the factor I make for a weekend deal with. I like that almond flour has extra protein than conventional flour, and I like switching it up after I serve my youngsters meals. Sure, the children gave a pause after taking one chunk, as a result of they did notice for a cut up second that these will not be my customary chocolate chip banana muffins. The pause did not final lengthy, and I am glad to report that they stored consuming, with smiles on their faces!
When the plate of muffins was gone, which does not take lengthy as a result of the recipe solely makes 6 muffins, they instantly requested if we might make my eggless banana bread throughout afternoon snack time. How can I say no to my banana loving little monkeys?
Components for Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- one ripe brown noticed banana
- granulated sugar
- impartial oil: Impartial oil is any oil with out taste, like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil. The flavors of olive oil and coconut oil are too robust for these muffins.
- vanilla extract
- one complete egg
- almond flour: First, we’ve to debate how almond flour is totally different than almond meal. So, almond flour is produced from blanched almonds (the place the pores and skin has been eliminated) after which floor to a high quality powder. The meal is solely floor almonds, with skins; I like to recommend almond flour for the lightest, fluffiest muffins.
- baking soda
- baking powder
- floor cinnamon
- chocolate chips: Bittersweet chips are the very best right here, however you should utilize milk chocolate chips, in the event you want.
Almond Flour Muffins variations
Can I make this Almond Flour Muffins Recipe vegan?
To make these almond flour banana muffins with out eggs, you’ll be able to substitute 2 tablespoons of applesauce. This makes the muffins vegan, however solely so long as you utilize vegan chocolate chips. To seek out vegan chocolate chips, search out darkish chocolate chips and browse the label to ensure they do not include milk. We use the Dealer Joe’s semisweet chocolate chips on a regular basis as a result of they’re vegan.
Can I make Almond Flour Banana Muffins with 2 bananas?
This recipe, as written, requires one giant banana. You should use two small bananas, OR you’ll be able to double the recipe and use 2 bananas.
How one can make almond flour banana muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line 6 cups in a muffin pan with liners.
- Mash: In a big bowl, mash the overripe banana with a fork. Mash very nicely till only a few lumps stay.
- Stir in all remaining components, apart from the chocolate chips: 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of oil, one complete egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup of almond flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- Observe: This combination could be stirred collectively very nicely, as a result of almond flour doesn’t include gluten. There isn’t any danger of over-stirring and inflicting robust muffins.
- Stir within the ⅓ cup of chocolate chips, and divide this combination into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool: Take away the muffins from the oven, allow them to relaxation for five minutes within the pan. Then, use a spatula to maneuver them to a wire rack to chill utterly. When these almond flour banana muffins are sizzling from the oven, they could be a little overly tender and moist on the within, so let the cool so long as you’ll be able to earlier than consuming. I, too, can hardly resist a muffin sizzling from the oven, although!
To retailer these fantastically moist banana muffins, allow them to cool utterly, after which place them in an hermetic container on the counter. They hold for two days at room temperature. You might also wrap them in plastic and freeze them individually, so you’ll be able to have quick, on-the-go breakfasts.
How one can retailer Banana Muffins with Almond Flour:
Retailer muffins in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 4 days. You’ll be able to refrigerate or freezer for longer storage.
Banana Almond Flour Muffins FAQs
Almond flour could be pricy, however I say it is price it due to the dietary benefits–so a lot vitamin E and protein! I purchase it on-line or use the majority bins at my native well being meals retailer to get the very best value on it, often lower than $8/pound. You solely want one cup for this recipe!
No. Nope, this recipe will not be Whole30, as a result of it accommodates granulated sugar and oil that is not accepted by the food plan. I’ve Whole30 pumpkin muffins–you would possibly like these.
Almond flour lacks gluten and accommodates way more protein than common flour. When baking with almond flour instead of common all-purpose flour, it will possibly often be substituted in a 1:1 ratio, nonetheless, it would require extra liquid, reminiscent of eggs. Baked items made with almond flour are fluffy, tender and barely denser than common flour treats.
Muffins can turn into soggy in the event you go away them within the pan to chill utterly. Depart the freshly baked muffins within the pan for five minutes solely, after which transfer them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Almond flour lacks gluten, which causes important structural change in batter. It additionally accommodates extra protein than customary flour. Almond flour treats usually don’t rise or unfold as a lot as common treats, however they style simply as scrumptious, if no more scrumptious 🙂
Searching for extra almond recipes?
Cook dinner Time
- 1 giant overripe banana, mashed (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons impartial oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (plus further for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a 6 cup muffin pan with disposable paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork till very pureed and almost easy.
- Stir in all remaining components: the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, 1 egg, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ⅓ cup of chocolate chips.
- You’ll be able to stir the combination very nicely to include all the pieces. Scoop into 6 muffin cups. Add a couple of further chocolate chips on prime of every muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. The muffins will likely be very brown on prime, however don’t fear—they’ll nonetheless be tender and tender. FYI: browning is from the fats within the almond flour. Check the muffins with a toothpick to make sure the muffins are completed within the middle.
- Let cool within the pan for five minutes, after which transfer to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- Serve instantly, or retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 days at room temperature. You might also wrap them in plastic wrap individually, and freeze for future breakfasts.
impartial oil: Impartial oil is any oil with out taste, like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil. The flavors of olive oil and coconut oil are too robust for
almond flour: Almond flour is totally different than almond meal. Almond flour is produced from blanched almonds (the place the pores and skin has been eliminated) after which floor to a high quality powder. Almond meal is solely floor almonds, with skins. I like to recommend almond flour for the lightest, fluffiest muffins.
chocolate chips: Bittersweet chips are the very best right here, however you should utilize milk chocolate chips, in the event you want.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 213Complete Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 31mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g