Candy-spicy-crunchy Gochujang Cauliflower could be served as an appetizer or an entree! Gochujang Cauliflower Wings make an ideal sport day snack, or serve it over rice for a scrumptious, veggie dinner. Glutenfree Nutfree
This recipe has an incredible, spicy taste and a crunchy texture with out the necessity to deep fry. When you bake the cauliflower, put together the sauce in a pan on the range. Toss all of it collectively, and revel in!
For those who’re not aware of gochujang, it’s a fermented Korean pink chili paste with a candy and spicy taste. It provides candy warmth and an umami taste to all types of dishes and pairs completely with crunchy, baked cauliflower.
Why You’ll Love Gochujang Cauliflower
- Straightforward to make
- Baked, not fried
- Good, crunchy texture
- Stuffed with taste
- It’s naturally gluten-free
Extra Vegan Cauliflower Recipes:
Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
Candy-spicy-crunchy Gochujang Cauliflower could be served as an appetizer or an entree! Gochujang Cauliflower Wings make an ideal sport day snack, or serve over rice for a scrumptious, veggie dinner. Gluten-free Nutfree Recipe
For the Baked Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a very good sprint of black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into equal-sized florets, about 4 cups
For the Gochujang Sauce
- 1/2 cup gochujang, I take advantage of Mom-in-Legislation model
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce ,use tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup of water
- inexperienced onion and sesame seeds for garnish
To Bake the Cauliflower
Preheat the oven for 425° F/220° C. Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, add the dry components for the batter. Combine effectively, then add within the moist components and blend till easy.
Add within the cauliflower and toss to coat. The batter needs to be simply thick sufficient in order that it coats the cauliflower effectively, and it is going to be sufficient for the cauliflower. The batter retains thickening because it sits, so you may need to combine it in fairly shortly.
Switch the cauliflower florets to the lined baking sheet, and bake for half-hour, or till cauliflower inside is cooked. In the meantime, make your gochujang sauce.
To Make the Gochujang Sauce
Add the gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, and vinegar to a big skillet on medium warmth and blend effectively.
Combine the cornstarch within the 1/4 cup of water, and add to the simmering sauce combination and blend effectively. Take off the warmth as quickly because the sauce thickens.
Add your baked cauliflower to the skillet, and toss effectively to coat. Garnish with some inexperienced onion, or sesame seeds if you happen to like. Serve with rice or noodles or in lettuce cups.
Gochujang: use different Asian chili sauces
Rice flour: use all function flour
Variation: make this with pressed and torn 14 oz further agency tofu
Ensure you have your cauliflower able to go earlier than mixing up the batter. The batter thickens shortly, so that you need to toss the cauliflower in instantly.
Once you unfold the cauliflower onto the baking sheet, do it in a single layer, and ensure the wings aren’t touching one another, or they are going to stick collectively.
Retailer leftovers in a coated container within the fridge. They’ll maintain for as much as 3 days. Reheat in a 350° F oven or on the stovetop. Don’t microwave, as a result of the batter will probably be mushy if you happen to do this.
Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 36
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.5g3%
Vitamin A 68IU1%
Vitamin C 37mg45%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
- cauliflower coating: we use rice flour, tapioca or corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper, water, oil, and sesame oil. Rice flour offers a pleasant crunchy coating. You should utilize all function flour as effectively nevertheless it received’t be as crunchy
- cauliflower reduce into bite-sized florets
- gochujang sauce: a spicy Korean chili paste
- remainder of the sauce components: soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, rice or apple cider vinegar, and cornstarch blended with water (to thicken)
- Ensure you have your cauliflower able to go earlier than mixing the batter. The batter thickens shortly, so that you need to toss the cauliflower into it instantly.
- Once you unfold the cauliflower onto the baking sheet, do it in a single layer, and take a look at to ensure the wings aren’t touching one another.
Tips on how to Make Gochujang Cauliflower Wings:
First, reduce the cauliflower into florets and collect your batter components.
Combine the dry components for the coating in a big bowl. That’s the rice flour, starch, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, add the water and oils and blend till you will have a easy batter.
Toss within the cauliflower florets, mixing to coat them rather well within the batter. The batter needs to be simply thick sufficient so it coats the cauliflower effectively, and it’s going to be sufficient for the cauliflower. The batter retains thickening because it sits, so that you’ll need to combine it in fairly shortly.
Switch the cauliflower to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring the florets are unfold out and never touching one another. Bake at 425° F/220° C for half-hour.
Whereas the cauliflower bakes, make the sweet-and-spicy gochujang sauce.
Add the gochujang, soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, and vinegar to a big skillet over medium warmth and blend effectively.
When all of that’s mixed, combine the cornstarch in 1 / 4 cup of water, then add that to the skillet, mixing once more. As quickly because the sauce thickens, take away the pan from the warmth.
Add the baked cauliflower to the skillet, tossing to coat in that flavorful sauce.
garnish with inexperienced onions or sesame seeds, if you happen to like. Serve with rice or noodles or in lettuce wraps
Storage and Reheating:
Retailer in a coated container for as much as 3 days within the fridge. Reheat within the oven at 350° F or in a pan on the range. Don’t microwave, as a result of the breading will get mushy.