Some recipes are humble but so reassuring that they needn’t change. They’re stored in your pocket, prepared for the second you crave consolation and ease. That is a type of recipes.
“My Aunt Cheryl has been baking these muffins for actually a long time now,” Brian Hart Hoffman says, “and I by no means knew in regards to the recipe till just some months in the past when she referred to as me as much as chat and he or she occurred to be making these muffins.”
“I ﬁrst made these muffins at age 12 in my residence economics class,” says Brian’s Aunt Cheryl Hoffman. “This recipe has all the time been my favourite straightforward muffin recipe. I bake them particularly when craving a muffin at residence.”
The handwritten recipe, titled merely “Muffins,” is recorded on a white, dominated index card that has barely yellowed across the edges, with the occasional splatter right here and there. There’s a star drawn to the best of the title, indicating it’s turn out to be Cheryl’s go-to muffin recipe over time.
“My husband of 43 years, who doesn’t like many muffins, has all the time cherished these. He prefers consuming them scorching from the oven with a lot of butter if made with out the jam. In the event that they’re made with jam, we each eat them as baked,” Cheryl explains. “Since there are solely the 2 of us, he loves having leftovers the subsequent day break up in half and toasted with butter.” Cheryl all the time pushes herself within the kitchen to bake new issues, however she by no means forgets the significance of important recipes like this and that candy second when she ﬁrst found her ardour for baking.
Aunt Cheryl’s House EC Muffins
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 grams) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) complete milk
- ½ cup (112 grams) vegetable oil
- 2 massive eggs (100 grams)
- ¼ cup (80 grams) blueberry and/or strawberry fruit unfold* (non-compulsory)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively milk, oil, and eggs. Add flour combination, stirring simply till dry components are moistened. Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter (about 52 grams) into every ready muffin cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon fruit unfold (about 6.5 grams) (is utilizing) in middle of batter in muffin cups. Unfold about 2 tablespoons batter (about 35 grams) onto fruit unfold.
- Bake till golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Take away from pan; serve heat.
If not including fruit unfold to batter, fill every muffin cup with about ⅓ cup (about 90 grams) batter.