Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Hen is a tasty baked hen dish that’s nice for any day and ideal for Cinco de Mayo. Serve it with Mexican rice, black beans, and Pico de Gallo for a scrumptious dinner.
This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Applebees Fiesta Lime Hen So Good?
Say goodbye to boring hen dinners, and say ‘hola’ to Applebees Fiesta Lime Hen! Consider this well-liked menu merchandise as a South-of-the-Border model of Hen Parmesan.
You and your loved ones will love the style of this recipe that includes tender baked hen breasts lined in a lime ranch dressing and smothered in delicate Colby Jack cheese.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe
This easy-to-make, no-fail oven-baked fiesta lime hen recipe will change into your new go-to meal for these nights once you need to serve one thing particular with out spending numerous time within the kitchen.
Simply make the perimeters the day earlier than, and you’ll have a do-it-yourself, fresh-from-the-oven dinner in your desk in much less time than it takes to get supply.
Copycat Fiesta Lime Hen Substances
For the cooking the hen, you’ll want:
- Hen breasts
- Lime juice
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Recent floor black pepper
For the Fiesta Lime Hen sauce, you’ll want:
- Ranch dressing
- Bitter cream
- Recent cilantro, chopped
- Zest from lime
- Worcestershire sauce
Attempt to use recent lime juice right here because it makes an amazing distinction within the style. Nonetheless, in case you solely have lime juice and no lime zest, you may nonetheless make the recipe.
To complete the Fiesta Lime Hen Applebees type, you’ll want:
- Colby Jack cheese, sliced
Swap Colby Jack for Cheddar cheese or one other form of cheese in case you want. You may also use shredded cheese as an alternative of slices.
How one can Make Copycat Fiesta Lime Hen
To make to organize the hen:
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively all of the substances for the hen marinade. Place the marinade apart for later.
- Break up a hen breast in half horizontally.
- Place one-half of the hen breast between two items of plastic wrap. Gently pound the hen into a fair thickness utilizing the flat facet of a meat tenderizer.
- Put the pounded hen into the bowl with the marinade.
- Repeat with the remaining items of hen.
- Cowl the bowl and put it within the fridge. Marinade the hen for no less than one hour and not more than 12 hours.
- Flippantly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Dry the hen items with a paper towel and place them in a single layer on the underside of the baking dish.
To arrange the Fiesta lime ranch sauce:
- Place all of the sauce substances in a small bowl.
- Stir till the Mexi-ranch sauce is effectively mixed.
To bake the hen:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the hen for 20 minutes.
- Take away the baking dish from the oven. Juices from the hen will likely be within the backside of the dish. Don’t pour off the juices.
- Spoon the Fiesta Lime Hen sauce on high of the hen.
- Cowl the hen with a slice of cheese.
- Return the baking dish to the oven till the cheese bubbles.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to double-check that the interior temperature of the hen is no less than 165°F.
- Plate the hen and serve it topped with Pico de Gallo or chopped tomatoes and together with your favourite Mexican sides.
As an alternative of baked hen you can also make grilled hen.
- Marinate the hen per the recipe directions.
- Warmth a grill pan or skillet over medium-high warmth on the range.
- Add a tablespoon of cooking oil to the pan.
- Cook dinner the hen till it’s accomplished, about 4 minutes per facet, turning midway via cooking. Hen is finished when it has an inner temp is 165°F.
- Place the grilled hen in a baking dish and high it with the sauce and cheese.
- Broil it till the cheese is melted.
What to Serve Applebees Fiesta Lime Hen
Fiesta Lime Hen is an efficient lower-carb dinner by itself, however in case you are actually hungry, strive including a number of carbs to assist fill out the meal.
The chain serves the dish on high of tortilla strips, together with a facet of Mexican Rice and black beans. A scoop of do-it-yourself Pico de Gallo on high of the hen provides numerous freshness and colour to the dish. Chopped or sliced jalapeno peppers or sizzling sauce would give it an additional kick of warmth.
How one can Retailer the Leftovers
Enable any leftovers to chill to room temperature earlier than placing them in an hermetic container or a plastic zip high bag. Seal the bag and preserve it recent within the fridge for about three days.
If you wish to save the Fiesta Lime Hen Applebees type for longer than a number of days, you may freeze it in a freezer-safe container for as much as two months.
What’s the Finest Solution to Reheat Fiesta Lime Hen?
Essentially the most handy technique for reheating thawed hen is within the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whereas the oven is preheating, put the thawed hen on the counter to assist shake off the coolness of the fridge.
- Put the hen in a baking dish together with a number of tablespoons of water.
- Cowl the highest of the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take away the aluminum foil and proceed to cook dinner the hen till the cheese melts and the inside reaches no less than 165°F.
Extra Applebee’s Copycat Recipes
Favourite Hen Dinner Recipes
Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Hen
Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Hen is a scrumptious dish you can also make at house with this straightforward copycat recipe.
- 2 giant boneless skinless hen breasts lower into 4 items
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Fiesta Lime Ranch
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup bitter cream
- 1 teaspoon recent cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime
- lime zest
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Colby jack cheese
Garnish and Serving
- Pico de Gallo for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
- Mexican rice for serving
- black beans for serving
In a medium mixing bowl, mix all substances for the hen marinade. Add hen to the bowl and toss evenly, coating the hen absolutely. Cowl and place within the fridge for no less than one hour.
Near the tip of the marinade time, preheat the oven to 350 levels and put together a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the hen out of the marinade and into the underside of the dish.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Because the hen bakes, juices from the hen will accumulate within the backside of the pan.
Close to the tip of the bake time, combine the entire substances for the fiesta lime ranch.
Take away the hen from the oven and brush the highest of every breast with the ranch.
High with a slice of colby jack cheese on every breast and return to the oven. Proceed baking for 5-7 minutes.
When accomplished, serve the dish with Mexican rice, pico de gallo, tortilla chips, and/or some other fiesta facet of your alternative.
For a extra intense taste, permit the hen to relaxation contained in the marinade in a single day. Don’t marinate the hen for greater than 12 hours.
You may also substitute do-it-yourself Fiesta Lime Ranch with store-bought.
Vitamin calculation doesn’t embrace the perimeters (tortilla chips, rice, and beans).
Energy: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fats: 20g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 474IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 1mg