Apple pie cheesecake is a show-stopping, beautifully-balanced mix of basic cheesecake and apple pie. It’s excellent for fall, and assured to impress your company! Recipe features a how-to video!
A Should-Bake Fall Dessert
I believe you’re about to grow to be obsessive about this apple pie cheesecake, hopefully as a lot as I’m. It’s the proper marriage of basic cheesecake and show-stopping Dutch apple pie. In case you’re on the lookout for a recipe that can knock the socks off your company and dominate over each different dish on the dessert desk (step apart, pumpkin pie), you’ve discovered it.
What makes this recipe so nice:
- No rolling out pie crust. Sure, I’ve acquired an ideal one for you proper there, however actually rolling out pie dough, flouring the counters, the entire ordeal is only a trouble I’m pleased to skip right here.
- No water tub wanted. Not a shock should you’ve been round right here some time. Some recipes (creme brulee, anybody?) want a waterbath. Cheesecake, when ready in line with my directions, doesn’t, and you’ll nonetheless have easy, creamy outcomes (simply observe my ideas!)
- An effective way to make use of up further apples from apple selecting. In case you’re over-ambitious within the orchard (like me, there are about 8 lbs of extra apples sitting on my counter proper now), right here’s an effective way to make use of up these apples (psst, attempt my apple butter and applesauce, too!).
- It’s actually simply plain spectacular. It’s a stunner even earlier than you chop into it, however simply wait til you reveal that attractive ripple of apple pie…!
- It’s satisfying. Between the flavour (who knew cheesecake and apple pie paired so fantastically — the tart apples, the subtly tangy candy cheesecake!) and the feel (creamy cheesecake, crisp apples, crumbly streusel, oh my!) this cheesecake goes to be a showstopper in your dessert desk and everybody goes to need the recipe.
- Nice dessert possibility for the indecisive. Do you have to carry pie? do you have to carry cheesecake? Why not each! 😏
This recipe is, admittedly a labor of affection and a little bit of a challenge, nevertheless it’s price each dish and each minute. Additionally not one of the steps are significantly difficult, so so long as you possibly can observe a recipe, you’ve acquired this!
What You Want
Sure, there are fairly just a few substances on this recipe, however that’s as a result of apple pie cheesecake is over-the-top within the absolute finest means. There are just a few price nothing earlier than we start although, so let’s briefly go over these.
- Apples. Use a tart, agency apple (Granny Smith is my desire), peel them, core them, and cube into small items! I discovered that slicing them, such as you would for a pie, makes for a bizarre texture and causes the apples to kind of slide out of the cheesecake unpleasantly when consuming–so undoubtedly stick to dicing!
- Cream cheese. As with my blueberry cheesecake and strawberry cheesecake, you could use brick-style, full-fat cream cheese on this recipe (not the type bought in a bath). Let your cream cheese totally soften to room temperature earlier than beginning, in any other case you could possibly find yourself with a lumpy cheesecake.
- Bitter cream. Bitter cream is a non-negotiable in any good cheesecake–it creates that signature tang! In case you don’t have bitter cream, you could possibly do full-fat greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Eggs. Make certain to make use of room temperature eggs, as this can assist stop over-mixing. I additionally suggest calmly beating every egg earlier than including it to the batter, as soon as once more to forestall over-mixing.
- Walnuts. I really like incorporating chopped walnuts into the crust (that is impressed by my favourite apple pie). In case you, or anybody you’re planning on serving this to, are nut-averse, you possibly can all the time depart them out with no different modifications wanted.
SAM’S TIP: Pre-cooking the filling is critical to make the apples completely textured and flavorful; they keep too crisp if not pre-cooked and don’t have the identical deep taste. I promise I’ll by no means make you do further work for no cause! 😊
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the substances I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
The best way to Make Apple Pie Cheesecake
Put together the Apple Pie Filling
The filling for this was fastidiously designed to work effectively in a cheesecake, I had many fails earlier than I made a decision to attempt my apple turnover filling. And it labored like a appeal ✨
- Cube the apples into small items, then add them to a saucepan with brown sugar, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Place over medium low warmth and prepare dinner till the butter melts.
- Enhance the warmth to medium and produce the combination to a simmer. Let simmer 5 minutes or till the combination thickens and the apples are tender, stirring often. Take away from the warmth, stir within the vanilla, then pour right into a heatproof bowl to chill.
Make the Crumble Topping
- Stir collectively the oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt till mixed.
- Add melted butter (it shouldn’t be heat to the contact, that is vital) and toss with a fork till clumpy and mixed. Don’t overdo it, or you could possibly create a paste! Set this combination apart for later.
Make the Crust
For the crust I stick to my trusty graham cracker crust, solely I combine in crushed walnuts for added taste (be at liberty to toast the nuts first, for much more taste). In case you’re allergic or just don’t have any readily available, you possibly can depart them out.
- Stir collectively the finely chopped walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, and sugars till mixed, then add the melted butter and stir till the whole lot is moistened.
- Press into the underside and excessive up the edges of a 9-inch springform pan, then put aside. This recipe makes loads of crust, so press all of it the way in which up the edges!
Make the Filling
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium low pace till easy and creamy, scraping the edges and backside of the bowl periodically as you go.
- Stir within the bitter cream and vanilla till integrated.
- Add the eggs one after the other, calmly beating each earlier than including and mixing till simply integrated earlier than including the subsequent.
- Use a spatula to scrape the edges and backside of the bowl to ensure the whole lot is mixed and easy. There needs to be no lumps.
Assemble (& Bake!) the Apple Pie Cheesecake
- Pour half of the cheesecake batter into your ready crust.
- Add half of apple combination evenly over the cheesecake layer. Use a slotted spoon to pressure off any extra juice earlier than including the apples.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake batter over the apple layer.
- Prime with the remainder of the apples, as soon as once more draining off any juice earlier than layering over the cheesecake.
- Scatter the crumble topping evenly over the apple layer, breaking apart any large clumps as you go. Sure, the pan will likely be fairly full, because of this you averted over-mixing earlier (and why this recipe would by no means work in a pie plate).
- Bake for 60-70 minutes on low warmth (no water tub wanted right here!). You may inform the cheesecake is completed when, if jostled, the sides are set and the middle is generally set however nonetheless has a bit of little bit of jiggle (like Jell-o) to it. Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature earlier than inserting it within the fridge to sit back in a single day earlier than digging in.
SAM’S TIP: There are two simple errors that can wreck your cheesecake, and I don’t need you to make both of them! #1: Don’t over-mix your cheesecake batter, particularly when including the eggs. This makes it extra prone to crack and to puff up after which fall. #2: Don’t over-bake the cheesecake! Go for checking earlier slightly than later. Over-baked cheesecake has an disagreeable, mealy textured cheesecake as a substitute of a easy and creamy apple pie cheesecake.
Often Requested Questions
Whereas I suppose you could possibly, the do-it-yourself apple filling on this recipe is definitely very simple to make and tastes a lot, significantly better than the store-bought stuff. In case you do use store-bought, be certain that to pressure the additional juices. I haven’t measured my filling after cooking to have the ability to provide you with a precise quantity, however should you use sufficient filling to scatter cowl about 75% of every cheesecake layer, try to be good to go.
Sure, in truth, this apple pie cheesecake is ideal for making prematurely. It wants to sit back for at least 6 hours, nevertheless it’s even higher if it’s chilled in a single day. Simply be certain that to benefit from the cheesecake inside 5 days of constructing for the very best taste and texture.
As soon as your oven timer goes off, open the oven door and (utilizing oven mitts, in fact!) gently jostle the cheesecake. The perimeters needs to be set and unmoving. Within the bulls-eye heart, you must discover a slight little bit of jiggle (assume like Jell-O), nevertheless it must also be principally set. These are the visible cues I search for when testing that any of my cheesecakes, are completed baking.
Save this one for Thanksgiving–it will likely be the star of the dessert desk! And should you’re having fun with these connoisseur cheesecakes as a lot as I’m, take a look at my salted caramel cheesecake, turtle cheesecake or peanut butter cheesecake subsequent!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! In case you do this recipe, you should definitely tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Fb
Apple Pie Cheesecake
Servings: 12 servings
Stop your display screen from going darkish
For the apple filling
In a medium or giant sized saucepan, mix apples, brown sugar, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt.
2 lbs (907 g) apples, ⅔ cup (133 g) mild brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon salt
Warmth over medium low warmth. Stir often till butter is melted. As soon as butter is melted, enhance warmth to medium and produce combination to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes, stirring often. Combination ought to thicken barely and apples needs to be tender when pierced with a fork when completed.
Take away combination from warmth and stir in vanilla extract. Pour right into a heatproof bowl and permit combination to chill when you put together your crumble (you possibly can place it within the fridge and stir sometimes to hurry up the cooling course of).
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crumble
In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
½ cup (40 g) quaint oats, ⅓ cup (41 g) all-purpose flour, ¼ cup (50 g) mild brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon floor cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon salt
Add butter to the flour combination and use a fork to mix. Don’t over-mix, combination ought to nonetheless be clumpy. Put aside when you put together your batter.
4 Tablespoons (57 g) unsalted butter
For the crust
Preheat oven to 325F (165C).
In a medium sized bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, finely chopped walnuts, and sugars.
1 ½ cups (170 g) graham cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup (40 g) finely chopped walnuts, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon firmly packed mild brown sugar
Add melted butter to the combination and stir till butter is effectively integrated and all crumbs are moistened.
7 Tablespoons (98 g) salted butter
Press crust combination evenly onto the underside and up the edges of a 9-inch springform pan. Put aside.
For the cheesecake batter
In a big mixing bowl, use an electrical mixer to mix cream cheese and sugar. Beat on medium-low pace till easy, creamy, and freed from lumps. Don’t over-beat or whip an excessive amount of air into the batter, however do be certain that batter is uniform and easy. Scrape sides and backside of the bowl periodically.
1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar, 24 oz (680 g) cream cheese
Add bitter cream and vanilla extract and stir on low pace till mixed.
½ cup (120 g) bitter cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Frivolously beat one egg then add it to the cheesecake batter. Stir on low-speed till simply mixed. Repeat with remaining eggs. Scrape the edges and backside of the bowl to make sure all substances are evenly mixed.
3 giant eggs
Pour about half of the cheesecake batter over ready crust in springform pan.
Utilizing a slotted spoon to empty extra juice, layer about half of the apple combine over the cheesecake batter. Pour the remaining cheesecake batter overtop. Prime batter with remaining strained apples, then scatter crumble evenly overtop (if crumble has solidified because it’s been sitting, simply break it up along with your palms).
Place pan on a foil lined baking pan and switch to heart rack of 325F (160C) oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes (dark-colored pans are likely to take much less time, and lighter-colored pans take longer). Cheesecake is completed when, if barely jostled, the sides are principally set however the heart nonetheless gently jiggles like jell-o. Enable to chill to room temperature in a heat, draft-free place (you could possibly use the highest of your oven or, flip your oven off, crack the door a number of inches, and permit it to take a seat for about an hour earlier than eradicating to room temperature to chill additional).
Switch to the fridge and chill for not less than 6 hours, ideally in a single day, earlier than slicing and serving.
Weigh apples earlier than coring/peeling. A agency, tart apple that might be good for a pie is finest right here. I personally desire and suggest Granny Smith.
Retailer, coated, within the fridge, for as much as 5 days.
Cheesecake could also be wrapped tightly and frozen for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than having fun with.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 38g | Saturated Fats: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 1301IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.