This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
That is actually the BEST hen noodle soup filled with hen, sliced carrots, celery, and tender vast noodles. A traditional selfmade soup seasoned and cooked to perfection. It’s the proper heat and comforting soup for the winter!
Heat as much as this savory soup this wintertime. Or make a scorching pot of soup to your family members who aren’t feeling nicely. I’ve some traditional favorites that everybody will love! Do that selfmade tomato basil soup, broccoli cheese soup, or this scrumptious minestrone.
The BEST Hen Noodle Soup
That is actually the BEST hen noodle soup recipe EVER! The flavoring is completely unimaginable, and the elements are easy. Colder days are right here and nonetheless forward of us, and you already know hen noodle soup goes to be wanted to get you thru. This soup is ideal as a result of it’s so hearty and stuffed with chunks of hen, thick slices of greens, and all the flavour you may think about with easy and simple elements.
Selfmade hen noodle soup is made for these days if you end up sick and simply want some consolation meals to fill you up and heat your core. Once I make this soup, my total household loves it, and I do know that yours will too! Pair this soup with straightforward no-knead bread, my Grandma’s selfmade bread, or these rolls, and also you’re all set! Belief me once I say that you’ll want to double this recipe to have as a rule this winter season.
Components to Make Hen Noodle Soup
This hen noodle soup is simply what you want this winter season. Every part is so easy to throw collectively and excellent for that leftover hen! See the recipe card on the backside of the publish for actual ingredient measurements.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is nice for sautéing your greens and ensuring that they don’t stick.
- Carrots: Slice these up as thick as you like.
- Celery: You possibly can reduce these up into bigger or smaller slices, relying in your desire. My youngsters at all times like all of the greens chopped up into tiny items!
- Onion: Chop this onion up into items which are the identical dimension in order that it cooks evenly.
- Garlic Cloves: Should you don’t have any recent garlic cloves available then you need to use minced garlic. 1/2 teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Thyme: Recent thyme stems actually add a deep taste to the broth.
- Salt and pepper: You solely want a pinch to have these make an affect.
- Hen broth: The hen broth provides quite a lot of depth and taste to the bottom of the soup.
- Egg noodles: Utilizing egg noodles which are thick will assist to take in the broth when consuming.
- Hen: You should utilize the leftover hen that you’ve got available. Or make it straightforward on your self and seize a rotisserie hen from the shop and shred that as much as put on this recipe!
- Parsley: The parsley pairs nicely with the thyme creating a really flavorful seasoning.
Tips on how to Make Hen Noodle Soup
Hen noodle soup comes collectively shortly and effortlessly with these few steps. Merely sauté your greens, add broth and noodles, then simmer together with your leftover chicken- it’s that straightforward! You should have a fast and simple dinner inside 20 minutes.
- Sauté Greens and Seasonings: In a big pot over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté till tender 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, recent thyme, and salt and pepper and sauté for 1 minute extra.
- Add Broth and Noodles: Pour within the hen broth and egg noodles and produce to a boil on excessive warmth. Scale back to a simmer and let the noodles cook dinner till al dente for about 10 minutes.
- Add Hen and Simmer Till Able to Serve: Add within the hen, and recent parsley proper earlier than serving and proceed to simmer till the hen is heated all through. Salt and pepper moreover to style.
Variations to Attempt
I like my hen noodle soup easy with just some elements and flavorings. However listed below are extra adventurous methods of constructing hen noodle soup recipes! Substitute or add in to make this hen noodle soup recipe your personal.
- Oil: As an alternative of oil you need to use butter to sauté the greens.
- Greens: Spinach, inexperienced beans, peas, zucchini, canned tomatoes, corn, and even potatoes are some issues to strive.
- Seasoning: Attempt including or substituting any herbs for recent or dry.
- Meat: Leftover meat is at all times greatest and attempting turkey, variations of hen, or shredded ham is at all times nice.
- Broth: Swap out your hen broth for turkey broth or bone broth for various variations.
- Noodles: Tortellini, bowtie pasta, small shell pasta, and even spaghetti noodles are nice to have in case you don’t have egg noodles available.
This hen noodle soup recipe is easy and simple to make. After which, what’s even higher is how shortly and simply all of it comes collectively and tastes AMAZING! With these simple-to-use ideas, you’ll have one implausible hen noodle soup! You should have your loved ones and associates asking for extra as a result of it is likely one of the BEST hen noodle soup recipes on the market.
- Lower Veggies In Advance: To plan forward, reduce up your greens the night time earlier than or the morning earlier than cooking. That manner it simply takes minutes to place every part within the pot.
- Bigger Slices: Keep away from your greens from getting comfortable and mushy by reducing them bigger in case you plan to simmer or use a sluggish cooker.
- Use a Gradual Cooker: Use a sluggish cooker for cooking your hen noodle soup. Observe the recipe simply pass over your noodles till able to serve.
- Thicker Soup: To thicken your soup, add starch like flour or cornstarch. In a separate bowl, add about one tablespoon combined with water after which proceed so as to add extra relying on the thickness and consistency you’re searching for. Should you plan to thicken your soup don’t add the flour or cornstarch straight into the soup. It’ll clump up and gained’t work to thicken the broth.
- Add Extra Broth: As your noodles sit within the broth it can proceed to soak up the broth and you have to so as to add extra when warming up once more.
Storing Leftover Soup
I like to double my hen noodle soup recipe to have for at times retailer it within the freezer. Will probably be the one soup everyone seems to be raving about this winter season! It makes it good for warming up on chilly winter days or once I know somebody shouldn’t be feeling nicely.
- Within the Fridge: Observe the recipe and let cool fully. As soon as your hen noodle soup is cooled, place it in an hermetic container and retailer it within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. When reheating it’s possible you’ll want so as to add in additional broth.
- Within the Freezer: Sure, this hen noodle soup will freeze nicely. Observe the instructions for making the hen noodle soup besides skip including within the noodles. Permit the hen noodle soup to chill fully. Place in a ziplock bag and lay flat within the freezer. Just be sure you label the bag with the date! This can final within the freezer for about one month. When able to heat up you may thaw it in a single day within the fridge.
- To Reheat: If you find yourself able to eat you may reheat it on the range or within the microwave and add within the noodles at the moment. As your noodles sit within the broth it can proceed to soak up the broth and you have to so as to add extra when warming up once more.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a big pot over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté till tender 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, recent thyme, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 1 minute extra.
Pour within the hen broth and egg noodles and produce to a boil on excessive warmth. Scale back to a simmer and let the noodles cook dinner till al dente for about 10 minutes.
Add within the hen, and recent parsley proper earlier than serving and proceed to simmer till the hen is heated all through. Salt and pepper added to style.
Up to date on October 5, 2023
Energy: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 17gFats: 8gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1134mgPotassium: 562mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 5312IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 2mg
Vitamin data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.